ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-17, 09:06 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,408 Times in 1,748 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
I have mostly got two things cooking at the same time. It just seems like too much of an effort to cook thrm consecutively. Maybe that explains why my cooking is so bad..
I overcook things when I do two things at a time too on the stovetop.

My mom got me this 3 stack steamer that has a timer on it. Thought she wasted her money but now I can cook the main, vegetable side, and the next nights dinner all at the same time without messing up at all due to the timer.

Can bake multiple things at a time too since I can use a timer with that too. It's why one week may be mostly steamed food meals, the next week, it may be mostly baked foods. Much easier and less diswashing cookware.

Instant pots, slow cookers, sous vide - all very hard to overcook with though I'm not sure if your types of meals work well with those appliances.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (11-09-17), stef (11-11-17)
Old 11-09-17, 09:12 PM

Thanked 3,408 Times in 1,748 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation

Well this happened yesterday but still thinking about it. Had to go to a goodbye happy hour dinner as one of my coworkers was leaving the company.

Restaurant was so noisy I couldn't hear anything and couldn't stand staying too long. Not sure how my coworkers could continue chit chatting happily over all that noise. I couldn't really participate in the conversation since I had such a hard time hearing anything and the noise plus socializing in general was really making me itch to leave.

So I called an uber and left way too soon. Someone commented on me leaving so early from the dinner today.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-10-17), stef (11-10-17)
Old 11-09-17, 09:34 PM

Thanked 31,939 Times in 14,398 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

I'm frustrated with myself but I feel like I'm in some reflex arc and it's just gotta play out now.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-10-17), stef (11-10-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-17, 02:20 PM

Thanked 31,939 Times in 14,398 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

the heritability of mental illness. plus, what if i'm creating the environmental factors through exposure to me? i'm so screwed.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-10-17), midnightstar (11-10-17), stef (11-10-17), WhiteOwl (11-10-17)
Old 11-10-17, 02:48 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 20,063 Times in 11,691 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute
The fact that some people think that mental illnesses are "cool" to have. They think that just because they get anxious in situations where everyone suffers anxiety they have a mental health condition and it's so "cool" to have it, even though they wouldn't know a actual disorder if it got up and chased them down the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peripatetic View Post
the heritability of mental illness. plus, what if i'm creating the environmental factors through exposure to me? i'm so screwed.

(((((peri)))))
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
Hope you all have a beautiful day
"Keep your dreams alive, dreaming is still how the strong survive" Oliver and Company (Disney)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
stef (11-10-17), WhiteOwl (11-10-17)
Old 11-10-17, 07:32 PM
Zen moderator

Thanked 26,120 Times in 12,777 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

errgghh, i don't know what time I should get ready tomorrow for the armistice day ceremonies and what if i get super thirsty from ritalin and drink too much water.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-11-17), Little Missy (11-10-17)
Old 11-11-17, 07:18 AM

Thanked 5,527 Times in 2,369 Posts
Hermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond repute

Feeling lonely in my new home at the moment. It's in a different part of town and a lot of places that I used to go are far away now. I notice that I find it difficult to go to yoga for example, since it's 7 kilometers by bike.

I try to keep focus on the bigger picture though. I'm sober for more than a year, have a great group of friends, have recently started a recovery meeting with a group of others that is going well, have graduated, am starting with day treatment for three days a week on Monday. There are places where I can practice yoga closer to home and I have already requested a trial lesson. So it's temporary and will pass.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hermus For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-11-17), stef (11-11-17), WhiteOwl (11-11-17)
Old 11-11-17, 11:26 AM

Thanked 23,881 Times in 11,053 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Unfair! Other people see relief from seasonal allergies after the first hard freeze.

Not me. I'm sneezing, my eyes are dry and itchy, and I have to keep
wiping my nose. Ugh.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Hermus (11-11-17), peripatetic (11-11-17), stef (11-11-17), WhiteOwl (11-11-17)
Old 11-11-17, 12:10 PM
Contributor

WhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to behold

When you have a "No soliciting" sign on your door and people come and ring your doorbell on a Saturday morning.
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteOwl For This Useful Post:
stef (11-12-17)
Old 11-11-17, 12:52 PM

Hermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOwl View Post
When you have a "No soliciting" sign on your door and people come and ring your doorbell on a Saturday morning.
Maybe you should buy a shotgun. A few warning shots from the window should do.

Last edited by Hermus; 11-11-17 at 01:04 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hermus For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-11-17), Little Missy (11-11-17), stef (11-12-17)
Old 11-11-17, 07:02 PM

Thanked 27,794 Times in 12,850 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

The **** has hit the ceiling now for my family and I don't know what to do. Maybe a little part of me doesn't want. To do anything. Doesn't. Want. To. Be. Bothered. A part. That i hate. They. Need professional help but you. Can't. Freaking. Get it in this country. I wish I could. Tell you. Guys. What's happening and get some advice but I can't. Because of privacy issues.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-11-17), Little Missy (11-11-17), Lunacie (11-11-17), midnightstar (11-12-17), OyVeyKitty (11-12-17), peripatetic (11-11-17), stef (11-11-17)
Old 11-11-17, 07:36 PM

Thanked 19,319 Times in 10,269 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermus View Post
Feeling lonely in my new home at the moment. It's in a different part of town and a lot of places that I used to go are far away now. I notice that I find it difficult to go to yoga for example, since it's 7 kilometers by bike.
oh no! Did your car break down?

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-11-17), stef (11-12-17)
Old 11-12-17, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
oh no! Did your car break down?
A car? I wish!

We Dutch people ride bicycles, especially the poor ones. Owning a car is a clear sign you rose to the ranks of the middle class here.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hermus For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-12-17), stef (11-12-17)
Old 11-12-17, 07:17 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 29,294 Times in 13,277 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
Unfair! Other people see relief from seasonal allergies after the first hard freeze.

Not me. I'm sneezing, my eyes are dry and itchy, and I have to keep
wiping my nose. Ugh.
Me too! I thought it was me or a Jersey thing but the day before and of my surgery I could have sworn I was getting a cold! My allergy meds are useless and I havent found one that works.

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (11-12-17), stef (11-12-17)
Old 11-12-17, 07:19 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 29,294 Times in 13,277 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOwl View Post
Next time open the door and bark at them like you are a dog, they will never come back.

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-12-17), Little Missy (11-12-17), OyVeyKitty (11-12-17), stef (11-12-17), WhiteOwl (11-12-17)