ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adult Education
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adult Education This forum is to discuss issues related to ADD and higher education.

Old 04-06-10, 12:08 AM
Forum Guru

Grasshoppaa is just really niceGrasshoppaa is just really niceGrasshoppaa is just really niceGrasshoppaa is just really nice
Worst grade you've ever gotten?

Thought this might be a fun topic. I met someone the other day that made a 10 on a multiple-choice test. Not really sure how you do that.....

So how about it? Tell us about your worst grade(s) on a paper, a test, in a class, or anything else.

If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions about the fun on this forum, please send a message to Metzfanaz in the complaint department.
Old 04-06-10, 12:51 AM
ADDvanced Member

O'Doyle is just really niceO'Doyle is just really niceO'Doyle is just really niceO'Doyle is just really nice
Re: Worst grade you've ever gotten?

1st try at college: 0.79 GPA
Cacho (04-16-10), Sit-n-Spin (04-06-10)
Old 04-06-10, 12:28 PM
Nondescript Moderator

Thanked 6,572 Times in 2,694 Posts
APSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond repute

I got a D in Brain and Behavior (basically neuroanatomy) in college. While it was partly because I took it with my fiance, who I'd just met at the time, and we sat in the back exchanging notes instead of listening, it was the final nail in the coffin of my consideration of a career in any sort or scientific field, and taught me to avoid classes that required memorizing minutiae, and focus on those where the goal was to grasp big concepts, and think critically.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to APSJ For This Useful Post:
HollyBowers (10-27-10), peripatetic (04-06-10)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-10, 01:28 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 6,893 Times in 2,968 Posts
meridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond repute

I = Incomplete

NC = No Credit (after failing to complete the Incomplete)

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

“Would you deny for others what you demand for yourself?” – U2

“The future ain't what it used to be.” – Yogi
Old 04-06-10, 05:07 PM
Jr Member

Skulky will become famous soon enough

I recently got a 0% on a test in a fluff class; I hadn't been able to see the play that the test was over due to prolonged insomnia. Also, I'd thought that it was going to be more of a quiz rather than a full-blown test; I would have looked up information about the play or asked people otherwise.

Anyway, I tried to insert a little bit of humor at the end of my test, which did not go over well . . . I think the professor misinterpreted what I was saying and found it insulting.

But I later explained what I meant and why I hadn't been able to go and whatnot, and he is letting me do a make-up exam as long as I get registered with disability first.
Old 04-06-10, 06:49 PM
Forum Guru

Logic is a name known to allLogic is a name known to allLogic is a name known to allLogic is a name known to allLogic is a name known to allLogic is a name known to allLogic is a name known to all

I got a "U" on an exam last year... my university has a scale of 1-20, where 20 is as 'exceptional' and anything less than 9 is a fail, so to be awarded a 'U' is amazingly bad.

I remember writing pages and pages, then reading it back to discover I'd gone off an a tangent about a paragraph in, and just carried on writing about that instead of what I was actually supposed to be writing about... hence the 'u' I guess.

Re-sat and got a 17, which is pretty decent, still haunted by the amazing 'U' though...

Logic
Old 04-06-10, 10:09 PM
Jr Member

ChemChick12 is on a distinguished road

I've never got anything below a C in a course but I got a 35% on an exam before...yikes =\
Old 04-06-10, 10:30 PM
ADDvanced Member

whorton will become famous soon enough

.33 GPA for a semester. And from this day forward I still hate Anatomy. I refuse to study for a test. Just that is why I did better in physics at least for that class I could have all my formulas in my TI 85.
Old 04-06-10, 10:47 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Sit-n-Spin has a spectacular aura aboutSit-n-Spin has a spectacular aura about

1.63 first semester at a very expensive private college. I just didn't go to class enough. As long as I did that I could be okay even if I did not study much, but could not catch up after missing so many classes. I transferred to my state school after that debacle.

Oh, and I have two degrees now, so you can recover!
Momofadder (04-10-10)
Old 04-07-10, 01:41 PM
ADDvanced Member

losethefire will become famous soon enough

I have been doing really well all semester, 80s and 90s mostly, but I just got a 51 on an assignment worth 10% of my grade. It was marked excessively hard but I also didn't put nearly enough time or effort into it.

I had zero on a few quizzes last year, but they weren't worth much. I probably got an equal number over 8/10. I think I failed a calculus midterm first year and nearly failed the class.
Old 04-08-10, 07:51 PM
Forum Guru

Grasshoppaa is just really niceGrasshoppaa is just really niceGrasshoppaa is just really niceGrasshoppaa is just really nice

Made a D in Introduction to Geography, but my teacher was Korean and hard to understand and I slept through like 75% of the class. Retook it though and got an A.

Got a 20 on a quiz a few days ago that gave 10 points for writing your name.

If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions about the fun on this forum, please send a message to Metzfanaz in the complaint department.
Old 04-08-10, 08:05 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Pamplemousse has much to be proud ofPamplemousse has much to be proud ofPamplemousse has much to be proud ofPamplemousse has much to be proud ofPamplemousse has much to be proud ofPamplemousse has much to be proud ofPamplemousse has much to be proud ofPamplemousse has much to be proud ofPamplemousse has much to be proud ofPamplemousse has much to be proud of

Oh dear, where do I start? haha. This year is exceptionally tough for me when it really shouldn't be.

Calculus I pretty much bomb. As of now my grade is a 65 (65 is the absolute min. passing grade) and that's WITH a 1.1 curve on everything. *sigh* In that class I never get above a 75-80 on anything. The last test we had was worth 50% of our grade...and I got a 36 on it. Epic fail! (Without the curve I have around a 54 I think)

History, also bad. I forgot to complete an essay last week that is worth a bug chunk of your grade. (I'm probably dead meat here sometime soon when he finds out my paper is missing.) My grade in there WITH a curve is a 74. Without...It's a 67. We had to write a 12 page paper and I destroyed it with a D. Oh yes...the lowest in the class.

These are the two classes I am doing the worst in. And report cards come out next week so they will probably be lower than anything I've ever seen. All my other classes are decent though
English - 87
Chemistry-92
Gym-99 (I'm a beast in gym! )
Spanish- 94
Old 04-09-10, 11:06 PM
Jr Member

soulangel200 is on a distinguished road

I got a 24 in typing class in highschool.
Old 04-10-10, 06:17 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 7,911 Times in 4,072 Posts
fracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond repute

I got a D in potions...

I mean I once got a 33/100 in a math test.
Old 04-10-10, 07:05 AM

Nikka is on a distinguished road

I got a VLA (very low achievement) in Grade 10 Social Maths ......................which is a mathematics class at a level that is suitable for individuals in a comma