ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Bipolar
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-10, 07:52 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

netsavy006 is a jewel in the roughnetsavy006 is a jewel in the roughnetsavy006 is a jewel in the rough
What time of day is worst for you?

What time of day is worst for you and why?
The Following User Says Thank You to netsavy006 For This Useful Post:
bgrimes8533 (10-13-10)
Old 07-05-10, 08:04 PM

Thanked 11,437 Times in 6,063 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What time of day is worst for you?

The morning because Im ina fog and dont function for squat.
Old 07-06-10, 01:13 AM
ADDvanced Member

alan1 has a spectacular aura aboutalan1 has a spectacular aura about

Night. Insomnia has always been an issue even from early childhood. But medications (Strattera) makes it worse. It would be more tolerable if it was at least productive time. But I'm usually too tired to do anything useful. So I cruise the net, read some magazines, whatever. I try to entertain myself because boredome is even worse. Sooner or later sleepiness creeps back. But sometimes by then it's time to get up and go to work.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-10, 02:07 AM
ADDvanced Member

tomlinson has a spectacular aura abouttomlinson has a spectacular aura about

When I awaken in the morning.
Old 07-10-10, 12:30 AM

aarong811 is on a distinguished road

The morning as soon as I wake and and have to force myself to shower for work. Then late at night, like right now. I think about way to many things and get up and down and all over the place. Usually end up confused and ready for the sleeping pill.
Old 07-10-10, 12:17 PM
can't remember diddly

Thanked 6,057 Times in 3,094 Posts
EYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond repute

I've found it to be afternoons, at least that's when I notice it. I think because I know I should be doing other things, that my life is somehow off track because I could be so much more productive if I wasn't so extremely depressed or so manic I feel insane.
Old 07-10-10, 12:23 PM
Contributor

DADHD is just really niceDADHD is just really niceDADHD is just really niceDADHD is just really nice

I don't really think mornings are my worst anymore. They used to be. That all depends on the amount of sleep I get.

So I guess it is a tie between afternoon when my meds wear off or those long nights where I can't sleep because so much is on my mind.
Old 07-10-10, 12:24 PM
Contributor

Tabbycat is a name known to allTabbycat is a name known to allTabbycat is a name known to allTabbycat is a name known to allTabbycat is a name known to allTabbycat is a name known to all

Honestly, the whole day is bad. I have trouble getting up and getting to work.
Being at work is not something I enjoy (at least this particular job, but I'm trapped right now). Evenings are bad b/c I have no energy, and tend to brood about the day, or the day to come.

How's that for an optimistic, cheery response?

Dx at 38: ADD w/depression, anxiety & severe sense of humor
Old 07-14-10, 10:02 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

gnbeg has a spectacular aura aboutgnbeg has a spectacular aura about

Usually later in the day. That allows time for me to feel overwhelmed and hopeless about some of my screwups.

And, I've noticed that weekends are worse than weekdays. Not sure what's up with that.
Old 07-14-10, 11:39 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Marspider has a reputation beyond reputeMarspider has a reputation beyond reputeMarspider has a reputation beyond reputeMarspider has a reputation beyond reputeMarspider has a reputation beyond reputeMarspider has a reputation beyond reputeMarspider has a reputation beyond reputeMarspider has a reputation beyond reputeMarspider has a reputation beyond reputeMarspider has a reputation beyond reputeMarspider has a reputation beyond repute

Any time after I've woken up. Worst is morning, but also after I've had a nap.
Old 07-14-10, 11:41 PM

Thanked 2,850 Times in 1,776 Posts
EshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant future

I'm seriously bipolar and really there is no time except maybe around 5 I get a little tired but that has nothing to do with being bipolar.

peripatetic is nuts and I'm the squirrel.
Old 07-15-10, 04:59 AM

wh1sk3y is on a distinguished road

it varies...depending on my morning mood. I have days where i just cannot do anything - cannot focus, cannot stay calm, is snappy and just dysfunctional. But there are sunny days also thankfully. Right now, i really want to read the book i've been planning to read for a few weeks now but i am getting distracted by this forum, facebook, twitter, and feeling hungry
The Following User Says Thank You to wh1sk3y For This Useful Post:
Layla771 (07-28-10)
Old 07-28-10, 10:59 AM
ADDvanced Member

Layla771 has a spectacular aura aboutLayla771 has a spectacular aura about

Morning - depending on weather too.. (and how much I slept and when I went to bed) I'm a bit like a zombie on brainfog too.. irritable, hypersensitive, easily distracted etc. It helps if I'm not around people who distract me further.. Morning pages or reading a book seem nice, then I can forget to eat breakfast though..

I still wonder if it's from indoor pollution (carpeting/furniture/wood protection used) or maybe even some things like amalgam in my mouth or any notorious candida or such.. Or just too low blood sugar and level of minerals from not eating during the night?
Then again if I'm really looking forward to something and it's a sunny day I've been known to have a good morning too, so hmm?

Interesting what some write about afternoon too.. I find weekend evenings very depressing too, because I feel I oughtta be out, having fun - and well, I don't play volleyball or football or listen to polka music much, and there isn't much else here-??
Old 08-26-10, 06:24 PM
Contributor

Jett has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelyell View Post
The morning because Im ina fog and dont function for squat.
That also describes me. Brain is in a fog and in a cranky mood until I wake up. I feel like a zombie and feel as slow and sluggish as a snail.I can't see how some people can wake up all alert and perky with a big smile on their face. At 6 or 7 am too

I function best at night, that's when I am most creative

I have found that you have no true control over life. You do however have control on how you deal with it.
Old 09-14-10, 10:11 AM

lost1nthought is on a distinguished road

Mornings have been a problem for me since I was a child. So if you ask me which is worse, that's probably what I'll answer 99 times out of 100. But nights are bad, too. Insomnia caused by racing thoughts often keeps me awake, which makes my mornings even worse. One feeds the other, I suppose.