ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-06-12, 02:04 AM
Jr Member

ddarco is on a distinguished road
Re: A few blurbs I found regarding Hyperfocus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettermenow1 View Post
Hyperfocusing is one of the gifts and curses of ADD. Some of the things I accomplish out of hyperfocusing are phenomenal, and other times it's just a waste of time on something trivial. It's also the thing that confuses me about my real passion. I"m afraid that I'll start something, hyperfocus on it, and then lose interest in it or that I'm confusing something I hyperfocus on as a passion when it's not. If that makes any sense.
Yup 26, I am going back to school for another degree. Hopefully this one isn't on a whim and it is really what I'm made for . Incredibly hard for me to know what I should do.

Also incredibly hard for me to do the work and study before I get so close that fear grips me and forces me to study.

But the fear is getting weaker so my procrastination is getting stronger.

Who can believe fear was necessary to hold my ADD in check? Thats messed up I need to get better.