ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Other Creative Endeavors
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-15, 12:22 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 14,470 Times in 7,206 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Any M:TG players? Come share your decks!

Just played my first paper booster draft yesterday (khans-fate-fate) (have drafted a bit on mtgo though).
Was a lot of fun! And man...NO ONE was taking any green! I kept getting passed everything I needed for a great green base! Also...someone passed me a bombshell rare very early on in the draft. Atarka...and the cool thing about it, is I was being passed so many great green cards, that I knew I'd consistently be able to hit the 7 mana needed to play this guy.

My deck ended up being green/red...and it was pretty sick. It was all about putting a creature or 2 in play, and then beefing the creature up with pump spells and +1/+1 counters. Than in the late game, I'd drop a dragon for the win.

Temur Sabertooth
Sultai Flayer
Goblin Heelcutter (AMAZING card for me yesterday! Paying his dash cost and attacking in with him and a beefed up creature...while making my opponent's best blocker not able to actually block...was just awesome!)
Rageform
Lightening Shrieker
Destructor Dragon
Atarka, World Render

These were all my beatsticks. I also had some smaller critters to help such as a pair of Whisperer Of The Wilds, Smoldering Efreet, Abzan Beastmaster (GREAT card in sealed!!) and Frontier Mastadon (4/3 for 3 mana? YES PLEASE!).

Then I had a bunch of pump spells...Map The Wastes (Pump + Mana accel/fixing = WINNING!), Ruthless Instincts, Awaken The Bear, Dragonscale Boon, and Become Immense (lol, omg, this card was stupid fun to play!)

And since I knew I was playing such big fatties, I had a few 'fight' cards as a form of creature removal. The fact that they also pumped my creatures was just icing on the already delicious cake! Savage Punch (lol gotta love that art!!) and a couple of Hunt The Weaks.

And finally I had a couple of Bathe In Dragonfire to finish things off.

I was just VERY lucky at the draft yesterday...I was given such an amazing pool of cards to work with.
The fact I was just 2 colors...instead of attempting to be 3...also put me at a huge advantage compared to anyone trying to play a 3 colored deck yesterday.

And...my deck smashed face! It was so much fun! It played out just about the same way each game...I'd start out with a small creature early on, and then I'd start pumping my creature and keeping my opponent under pressure...I could just feel the momentum building...late game as my opponents were still struggling to keep up with my big fat creatures I had been pumping throughout the game...I'd than drop a dragon...I'd usually win on my next turn.

There was only 3 rounds...I was hoping for 4 . I ended up playing 7 games...and won 6 of them...taking 1st place .

I hope to do more drafts in the future. haha I'm SO gonna get smashed on my next draft...Oh how I wished every draft could give me such a great pool of cards to work with!

I'm going to post my deck list I played yesterday...cause...1.) I'm bored. 2.) I'm a dork. 3.) I'm planning on keeping all the decks I build for sealed events intact (kinda like collecting souvenirs)...4.) Cause I like to brag .

CREATURES (12):
2x Whisperer Of The Wilds
1x Smoldering Efreet
1x Abzan Beastmaster
1x Frontier Mastodon
1x Temur Sabertooth
1x Sultai Flayer
1x Rageform
1x Goblin Heelcutter
1x Lightning Shrieker
1x Destructor Dragon
1x Atarka, World Render

CREATURE REMOVAL (5):
1x Savage Punch
2x Hunt The Weak
2x Bathe In Dragonfire

CREATURE PUMP (5):
1x Map The Wastes
1x Ruthless Instincts
1x Awaken The Bear
1x Dragonscale Boon
1x Become Immense

LAND (18):
1x Rugged Highlands
10x Forest
7x Mountain

1 guy opened a Ugin in his first pack...haha it was cool cause he was so SUPER excited about it! He didn't even try to hide the fact either...he all excitedly announced at the table that he had just opened an Ugin! I was way happy for him

Also, I need to figure out a way to start making more money so I can keep feeding this habit/obsession/addiction. It's like freaking crack to me...I can't get enough.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I'll always fondly remember.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
amberwillow (10-07-15)
Old 03-07-15, 04:43 AM

psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

haha I know no one seems to know wtf I'm talking about here...
But that's okay I'mma just kinda talk to myself! lols

So a couple of months ago they banned a card from being used in tournaments. It was just too strong of a card.
Unfortunately for me...that card was the cement that held a deck I had invested a lot of time, money and energy into.
...So I needed to start working on a new deck.

One of the problems I have...is I'm on such a tight budget right now...I can't just pick up a new deck from scratch.
So I needed to sell off the cards in my old deck.
Only...I didn't want to take a huge loss on the cards. I went into debt putting that deck together...some of the individual cards were quite pricey! 4 of them costed me $30 each...2 of them cost me $65 each...and then I had lots and lots and lots of cards that were between $10-$20 each stuffed in the deck.
It really was a dream deck for me.

I've been selling things on ebay (including cards from various games I've played over the years) for something like 10 or more years now...
Though I've really started to back off of ebay over the past 5 years, because dang...with all the fees I pay with ebay (and paypal)...I take a HUGE loss on my profits when I sell single cards there.

So I went and talked to the guy who runs a local gaming shop...he's interested in my cards, but will only give me a fraction of what the cards are worth.
I get that...he runs a shop. He's all about turning a profit.

I asked a bunch of people who play regularly at the shop...and no one's really interested in the cards (for prices/trades I'm willing to make).

It was looking pretty ugly for me. I had a really bad feeling that I was either going to be stuck with the deck that I could no longer use...or I was going to take a gigantic loss on the deck through selling it for far less then the cards were worth.

And then I heard about a website called PucaTrade.com

I don't even remember where I heard about the site first. I think I just saw it casually mentioned somewhere on some mtg forums.

But then a couple of big name youtubers (big name in the MTG community at any rate) produced a couple of videos on PucaTrade.com...and they were absolutely gushing about how great the site was!

So I decided to give it a look.

...In a nutshell what PucaTrades does, is it lets you make a list of any/all the cards you own that you'd like to trade or sell to others.
Once you've listed your cards, you can then search for people who are looking for the specific cards you want to get rid of.
Once you find someone, you commit to send that person the cards...and then once that person receives the card you send them, they log onto Puca and click a button signifying that they have indeed received the card you committed to send.
You are then awarded points equal to the value of the card you shipped. They constantly update the card values so that they're always current.
100 Puca points = $1.

Once you've got enough Puca points in your account, you can then make a list of cards you'd like to buy from other people...then people who have those cards can commit to send them to you...which deducts the value of that card out of your Puca points.

I don't think I'm doing a very good job of explaining it lols.

But here's the real kicker...the thing that blows my mind.

This service is FREE. There are NO fees at all to sell or trade your cards through this website. No listing fees, no monthly charges (though you can upgrade to a premium account which gives you some extra tools...though it's completely unnecessary to have a premium account)...no nothing.
The only thing you pay for is shipping.

This blows my mind!
I've been selling cards on ebay for years...paying WAY too much on fees.

I was very skeptical of the site for a good month. I had created an account, but left it at that. My biggest fear is that I'd ship one of my valuable cards, but then the person who receives it lying and saying I never shipped it.
Of course this is always a possibility on ebay as well...and in the many years of selling on ebay, I've never once had this happen to me.

But then I found out that PucaTrades guarantees every transaction. If this does happen, they give you points equal to the card you shipped out.
I also read tons of reviews and user experiences with the site...and after reading many, many experiences...I discovered that this is almost a non-existent issue at PucaTrade.

...So...I pulled the trigger!
I listed up most of my old deck and started to search for people looking for my cards.

This website has completely revolutionized the way I look at this game! It's changed everything for me!

In the past I've always taken huge losses on cards I buy and then later sell. I'm just too damn impatient, and when I get out of the game, or want to switch over to a new deck or something...I've always gone about it in really stupid ways and sold or traded my cards off for less then they were worth.

Puca changes that.
The 2 cards I spent $65 each on (Noble Hierarch) for example.
I do not regret paying what I paid for these 2 cards. They were the perfect card for my deck at the time.
However...there's a new reprint set coming out in may, and it's widely expected that this card will be reprinted in the set which will drop the value of the card.
So...it's going to be difficult to find anyone who's willing to pay anything near $60+ on the card right now.
No one around here is willing to pay more then $35 each on the cards. Taking a $30 loss on the cards is hard to swallow.

Enter PucaTrades!
I've been able to trade away both of the 2 cards each for about 6,400 Puca Points ($64). $2 loss on the cards? That's freaking amazing!

Then the 4 cards I payed $30 each on (Verdant Catacombs). I've sold each for about 3,300 Puca Points ($33). These too are expected to be reprinted within the next year...so they too will drop in value. Not only was I able to sell them without taking much of a loss...but I actually made a $10 profit on them (after shipping fees)!

I have since shipped out several dozen envelopes...54 cards in total...all over the world! Germany, UK, all over the US, Australia and Canada. In total I've shipped out just shy of $600 worth of cards.
It's been an absolute blast for me! I live for this kind of thing!
It gives me something to really hyper focus on haha.

And...after all the shipping fees I've paid...I've actually made a profit on the cards I've sold! I can't believe that!
I've never made a profit on selling cards in large quantities before. I'm a very sucky business man! lol

This site has just completely changed this game for me.
It's given me an outlet to sell/trade off my cards without having to suffer a big loss in profit.
It still feels too good to be true...and yet it's not!

And with my Puca Points (58,800 of them and counting!) I've been able to get myself all sorts of fun stuff! The first thing I started to trade for, was finishing up my playset (4x) of Khan's Fetchlands. It's been a dream of mine to own a full playset of all 10 of the fetchlands at some point. That's 40 cards. Well...I've now got half of them! And as soon as they reprint the other half (probably in a new set coming out in october), I'll be able to make this dream a reality!

I've also pieced together a couple of new decks. A new modern deck (I'm going to make a separate post on that deck here in a few minutes down below)...and a pauper deck (pauper=all commons).
All this...and I've still got over $200 points left over to use as I need! I'm thinking about paying for a playset of the ally colored shocklands to go along with my fetches...this sure would make deck building a heck of a lot easier for me at any time in my future.
Or I may build another deck or 2...or heck, maybe I'll just hold on to the points so I have them for the future.

Anyhow...I'm so freaking happy with this site! I'm so glad I took the plunge and went for it! I was able to sell off my deck I'm no longer able to use...and actually turn a small profit on it!
I've also been able to sell a bunch of other cards in my collection that have just been collecting dust in boxes.

PucaTrades has completely changed the way I think about selling and trading my cards.

I guess the biggest downside to Puca, is that I'm not actually making cash on my cards. I'm making PucaPoints. These points can only be used on this website, and can only be used on MTG cards.
This isn't a big deal to me right at this moment, as I'm not looking to sell my cards for anything other then more cards anyhow.

...And there's my blog entry for the day!

lol

(((((((MOM)))))))

amberwillow (10-07-15)
Old 03-07-15, 05:54 AM

Okay so I had a Black/Green Birthing Pod deck built (see the first post in this thread).
I LOVED this deck! Absolutely the funnest deck I've ever played in this game.
...well...
They banned Pod from being played in tournaments in January. /cry ...lol My stomach just completely dropped when I had heard the announcement.

It's taken me a couple of months to come up with a new deck to play.
I know I want something that's got control. I love control.
Counterspell is one of my all time favorite cards in this game (come on Wizards...give it to us in Modern already! ).
I also love long grindy games. Games that take a ton of processing and thinking and forethought. Games where you just have to pause for a couple of minutes looking very intently at the cards in your hand, and the cards on the table and figure out exactly what you need to do to survive.
I thrive for these moments. It's one of the things that made my Pod deck so amazing to play. It was an AMAZING deck at grinding.

Well...I found just the deck!
After a lot of research...and watching a bazzilion or so youtube videos of the deck in action...I found just the deck I'm looking for!
In fact...it might even be funner to run then my Pod deck!! It's like it's custom made for everything I love in magic decks!
It's got control, It's all about grinding it's way through a game, it's got some awesome combos, it runs countermagic...and...

It runs a card that litterally says:

"You can't lose the game and your opponents can't win the game."

lols ...for reals!

It's a Mono Blue Tron deck. It utilizes various counterspells early/mid game, to grind through to the late game where you're striving to piece together your Urzatron lands. Once you've got the mana, you're looking to finish out the game with either some big critters, or...and this is just silly awesome...creating a Mindslaver lock. In order to pull this off, you've got to be able to produce 12 mana each turn, have a mindslaver, and have a Academy Ruins in play.
You play your mindslaver and pay to activate it's ability (this costs a total of 10 mana).
You then get to play your opponent's next turn for them! lol...You take control of all their cards, get to see and play all their cards in hand (as well as anything face down or exiled or even their sideboards) and you make all decisions for them.
Fun stuff! lol...
Then at the end of their turn you took for them (or...during your upkeep), you to activate your Academy to put your mindslaver from your graveyard, back on top of your library, where you'll draw back into it...and then can repeat this whole process again. Turn after turn. Completely locking them out of the game (and you of course make sure to tap all their lands so they're not able to play instants on your turn).
This just seems stupid fun to me! lol

Of course...very, very few decks can support this combo. 12 mana is very difficult to hit in most competitive formats (outside of multiplayer formats).
But this deck is able to get there off the back of the urza lands, countermagic/bounce to buy time, and card advantage.

I am a couple of cards short from this list below...though I think I'll have it fully put together by next weekend.
I can't wait to run this deck though.
It's not the best deck in the format (modern)...but it can be dam good. Especially once you've played the deck long enough to really get a feel for how to properly play it.

I'm also running a VERY suboptimal card in my deck. This deck should be running 4x Remands. This is the perfect counterspell for this deck. It delays, and it replaces itself. This deck doesn't need to hard counter everything...it just needs to delay things just long enough for us to reach enough mana to start throwing out our game finishing threats and combos.
But...Remand is selling for $15+ each. For an uncommon. I'm just not willing to pay $60 on 4 uncommons right now . Just not happening.
So in it's place, I'm going to try playing 4 Delays instead. The huge problem with delay of course is the fact that it doesn't replace itself (draw a card). It's a HUGE draw back compared to remands. But 4 delays costed me $2. So yeah ...until I can find Remands at a decent price/trade...I'm stuck playing a sub-par card in it's place.

...anyhow...here's my list!:

----CREATURES (8):
2x Treasure Mage
2x Solemn Simulacrum
2x Wurmcoil Engine
1x Platinum Angel
1x Sundering Titan

----DRAW (6):
4x Thirst for Knowledge
2x Fabricate

----COUNTERS (8):
4x Condescend
4x Delay

----BOUNCE (4):
3x Repeal
1x Cyclonic Rift

----MANA ACCEL/FIXING (7):
4x Expedition Map
3x Talisman of Dominance

----ARTIFACTS (4):

1x Oblivion Stone
1x Batterskull
2x Mindslaver

----LAND (23):
--UrzaTron (12):
4x Urza's Tower
4x Urza's Mine
4x Urza's Power Plant

--Utility Lands (3):
2x Academy Ruins
1x Tectonic Edge

--Basic Lands(9):
8x Island

Hopefully I'll be back soon with another entry on how much I'm enjoying this deck!

lol I'd say something like 'I need a life' or something. But you know what? There's a lot worse things a person could be into then a card game that takes a bit of intelligence and skill to be any good at.

(((((((MOM)))))))

Last edited by psychopathetic; 03-07-15 at 06:10 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
amberwillow (10-07-15), stef (03-07-15)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-15, 04:59 AM

I've also made quite a few changes to my Commander deck (post #2 of this thread).

I've added in more graveyard hate (and have even more in my sideboard)...as I've been playing a guy who runs a sick Karador reanimator deck a lot.

I've also added in several other just general "good stuff" cards.
Serra Ascendant
Eight-And-A-Half-Tails
Ranger Of Eos
Wurmcoil Engine
Mind's Eye
Crucible Of Worlds
Catastrophe
Flooded Strand
Windswept Heath
Flagstones Of Trokair
Dust Bowl

And...My new favoritest card in my deck!:

Humility

Omg this card is BONKERS fun to play! haha...I love everything about it! This format is all about playing some of the biggest, baddest, most over the top creatures in this game...creatures with huge power and toughness, insane comes into play/leaves the battlefield effects, and crazy powerful triggered and activated abilities.
This card shuts it all down and turns those big mean fighting monstrosities into little dinky do nothing dorks haha.
My deck sure does play a lot a a-hole cards .

Anyhow, here's my updated list! I'm only missing 1 card from it at this point (a Catastrophe).
...this deck is my baby and has recently won me my first commander tournament (armageddon and cataclysm are just nasty, NASTY cards. Played at the right moment and they flat out win you the game)! <3

NEXT LEVEL NAHIRI CONTROL (100):

----COMMANDER (1):
1x Nahiri, The Lithomancer

----PLANESWALKERS (2):
1x Elspeth, Knight-Errant
1x Elspeth, Sun's Champion

----CREATURES (22):
--1 DROPS (4):
1x Mother Of Runes
1x Weathered Wayfarer
1x Serra Ascendant
1x Salvage Scout

--2 DROPS (4):
1x Stoneforge Mystic
1x Containment Priest
1x Eight-And-A-Half-Tails
1x Grand Abolisher

--3 DROPS (2):
1x Stonecloaker
1x Kor Sanctifiers

--4 DROPS (4):
1x Ranger Of Eos
1x Solemn Simulacrum
1x Indomitable Archangel
1x Angel Of Finality

--5 DROPS (2):
1x Baneslayer Angel
1x Stonehewer Giant

--6 DROPS (4):
1x Sun Titan
1x Wurmcoil Engine
1x Yosei, The Morning Star
1x Sunblast Angel

--7 DROPS (2):
1x Angel Of The Dire Hour
1x Eternal Dragon

----EQUIPMENT (10):
1x Skullclamp

1x Swiftfoot Boots
1x Darksteel Plate

1x Sword Of Fire And Ice
1x Sword Of Feast And Famine
1x Sword Of Light And Shadow
1x Sword Of Vengeance

1x Haunted Plate Mail
1x Batterskull

1x Argentum Armor

----ARTIFACTS (6):
1x Tormod's Crypt
1x Relic Of Progenitus

1x Scroll Rack
1x Mind's Eye

1x Oblivion Stone

1x Mimic Vat

----MANA ROCKS (6):
1x Sol Ring
1x Thunder Totem
1x Commander's Sphere
1x Darksteel Ingot

1x Expedition Map

1x Crucible Of Worlds

----ENCHANTMENTS (3):
1x Land Tax

1x Luminarch Ascension

1x Humility

----INSTANTS (4):
1x Enlightened Tutor

1x Swords To Plowshares
1x Path To Exile

1x Return To Dust

----SORCERIES (9):
1x Steelshaper's Gift

1x Martial Coup
1x Wrath Of God
1x Hallowed Burial
1x Austere Command
1x Terminus

1x Cataclysm
1x Armageddon
1x Catastrophe

----LANDS (37):
--FETCH LANDS (5):
1x Flooded Strand
1x Windswept Heath
1x Myriad Landscape
1x Evolving Wilds
1x Terramorphic Expanse

--CARD ADVANTAGE LANDS (7):
1x Secluded Steppe
1x Drifting Meadow
1x Windbrisk Heights
1x Emeria, The Sky Ruin
1x Buried Ruin
1x Mistveil Plains
1x Flagstones Of Trokair

--UTILITY LANDS (5):
1x Strip Mine
1x Dust Bowl
1x Kor Haven
1x Rogue's Passage
1x Homeward Path

--ARTIFACT LAND (2):
1x Ancient Den
1x Darksteel Citadel

--BASIC LANDS (18):
18x Plains

--------------------------------------------------

Quote:
lol I'd say something like 'I need a life' or something. But you know what? There's a lot worse things a person could be into then a card game that takes a bit of intelligence and skill to be any good at.
Okay well you know another thing?

I REALLY NEED A FREAKING LIFE!

lol

(((((((MOM)))))))

Last edited by psychopathetic; 03-08-15 at 05:12 AM..
Old 03-10-15, 11:00 PM

And here's my Pauper (all common) deck list...

My local game shop is planning on hosting some pauper tournaments here shortly...I guess there's lots of people interested around here.

Pauper is cool because you can only use common cards. No rares, no uncommons, no mythics.
It looks like a super fun format...and decks are nice and cheap .

The deck I'm planning on running is net decked (meaning I'm building a deck from a list I found online)...though it is slightly tweaked, so I have at least had some hand in this build.
I'm not sure it's where I want it at yet...so it very well might change here shortly. In particular I'm not sure I like the 2x Merfolk Looters I'm running.

...But...I'm a brewer. I love testing cards out and tweaking my decks till I've got them just where I want them. It can take me months of tweaking to find a list I'm satisfied with. I'll make simple changes over the course of those months too...swapping out just a couple cards at a time.

It's just another part of this game that brings me tremendous amounts of satisfaction .

This deck looks amazing. It's a VERY control heavy deck full of counterspells and bounce. I couldn't hardly ask for more!
It can also hold it's own against anything in the format as far as I'm aware. Especially once I've built a sideboard (kinda waiting to see what other people are planning on running here local before I start working on a sideboard).

So anyhow...here's my list...I've got most the cards, just waiting on a few more to come through the mail:

MONO BLUE DELVER (60):

CREATURES (18):
4x Delver of Secrets
4x Spellstutter Sprite
4x Cloud of Faeries
2x Merfolk Looter
2x Ninja of the Deep Hours
2x Spire Golem

COUNTERSPELLS (10):
4x Counterspell
4x Deprive
2x Mana Leak

BOUNCE (4):
4x Snap

DRAW (11):
4x Brainstorm
3x Thought Scour
2x Ponder
2x Treasure Cruise

LAND (17):
17x Island

I've never ran a deck with so few lands...but it doesn't really ever need more then 2 islands to function well. I've even seen some lists dip to as low as 15x islands (I'm not that brave!)

(((((((MOM)))))))

Old 03-11-15, 12:15 AM
I eat shades of red.

Thanked 22,202 Times in 9,398 Posts
Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond repute

I used to play Magic: The Gathering, and I still have a considerable selection of cards from years and years ago (I forget which sets).

I am pondering organizing my collection and seeing what might be worth selling.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fortune For This Useful Post:
amberwillow (10-07-15), psychopathetic (03-11-15)
Old 03-11-15, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortune View Post
I used to play Magic: The Gathering, and I still have a considerable selection of cards from years and years ago (I forget which sets).

I am pondering organizing my collection and seeing what might be worth selling.
I would highly recommend doing so! There's quite a lot of older cards that for a long time weren't worth much of anything...but over the last 5 or so years have jumped in price considerably (thanks in large part to a new'ish format that has caught a lot of popularity called commander).

If you do go through them and find some hidden jems...I'd LOVE to hear what some of those are!

My friend bought a box of old cards at a garage sale a couple years ago for $25...he found a couple $80 cards, and a bunch of other cards valued anywhere from $5 to $30 in that box!
It's SO my dream to do the same! lol...to find an old box of cards with some value inside.

(((((((MOM)))))))

Fortune (03-12-15)
Old 03-12-15, 01:25 AM
I eat shades of red.

Thanked 22,202 Times in 9,398 Posts
Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond repute

I also have a nice selection of Vampire: The Eternal Struggle. I suspect that one's popularity is not as enduring.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fortune For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (03-18-15)
Old 03-12-15, 07:56 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 21,212 Times in 11,360 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

There s a BFOK here just dying to play cards. Pre-preened.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-15, 08:18 PM

Okay so you can play this card game online as well. There's different ways to go about it, some of which are free...
But the most popular way to play is through the official program created and ran by the guys who actually make the card game.
The catch is...is it costs real world money.
For a pack of physical real cards (a pack of 15 random cards)...it retails for $3.99. Well the online version has the same pricing structure. A pack of random digital cards also costs $3.99.

So it can be quite pricey.
But...there's SO many benefits to the online client. It's a very clean and polished interface, it's constantly being updated and maintained, and it's just a very pleasurable experience. Most of the free ways to play online are rather complicated to set up and get going initially, and none of the programs are any where near as user friendly or polished as the official program.

So anyhow...thanks to a site called pucatrade I've been able to piece together a (real physical) modern deck. Mono Blue Tron.
I've watched dozens of games of the deck playing out on youtube over the past few weeks, and the deck just continues to excite the hell out of me.

Well I was bored today...so I decided to see how much my physical tron deck would cost me to piece it together for the online client. I expected it to cost well over $100 which I just don't have right now.

...with just a couple of simple tweaks to my deck (took out 1 batterskull, and 1 fabricate, and added in 1 spell burst and an additional island (think I like this deck better at 24 lands))...and with the cards I already had in my online collection...I was able to piece this deck together for just $49! So I jumped all over it and made the purchase for the online version of the deck.

This is good, and this is bad.
It's good...cause now I can play it online anytime of the day or night. I'll be able to get dozens upon dozens of games in with this deck now...which will eventually get me to a point where I know the deck inside and out and will be able to play it almost roboticly. I love getting to that point with a deck...where everything just becomes automatic. Where very few situations can catch you off guard, because you've spent many hours practicing and being in these situations, and you know you deck well enough to know just what you need to do to get through the situations.
So I'm looking forward to grinding online with this deck now.
This is all great, because I'll be well prepared with my deck when I end up taking it to local tournaments. Not only will I know my own deck inside and out, but I'll also be able to get tons of games in vs. a lot of the most popular decks out there, so I'll know how to play against those decks as well.

It's a bad thing...
Cause.../sigh...I'm already addicted to my damned computer as it is haha. Now even more so!
I haven't played much magic online in about a year...but now that obsession will be starting up again.

...anyhow...
I played 10 games this afternoon online. And omg...this deck is ridiculous!
haha after my first 3 games I was shaking a tiny bit...this deck felt so overly powerful. My very first game I was able to produce 8 mana by turn 3, putting out a wurmcoil engine and riding that to an easy victory with counter backup to protect the wurmcoil.

I was nervous for some reason though lol.
But by the last few games, I was already starting to pick up on the deck. There's actually quite a lot to it...though at the same time, it's also a fairly simple deck to play (compared to some other decks I've ran in my past).
This deck can be super fast, bringing out big giant threats early/mid game...but a lot of the time this deck runs much slower. Slowly building up mana while countering anything relevant your opponent attempts to play, and drawing cards.

I got to do my mindslaver lock (mindslaver + academy ruins +12 mana available each turn = your opponent never gets to play their own turns again lol).
It was pretty glorious one game. My opponent had 2 creatures in play that had hexproof...and he just so happened to also have 2 dismembers in hand haha. I can't tell you how fun it was to cast his 2 dismembers, costing him 8 life...AND killing both of his hex proof creatures.
On my following turn...knowing he had nothing left in his hand, I cast a platinum angel with some counters and plenty of open mana up. Man was that a cool game. :P

I had another game where I was able to put out a platinum angel...I had something like 20 mana available to me including the ability to produce 4 or 5 blue. And I had a spell burst. The guy tried to empty his hand killing my angel...but I was able to burst everything he played. It was just silly having that amount of mana open. haha

All in all...I played 10 games, and won 9 of them. This deck is just nuts. It's capable of over the top plays, and has some ridiculously stupid cards haha.
I've been a long time fan of Platinum Angel as a casual card. I'm thrilled she's finally found a place in an actual competitive modern deck....also, mindslaver is just disgustingly fun to play haha. Who doesn't want to take your opponent's turns for them? :P

So if you guys don't see or hear from me for the next several months...it's probably because I'm grinding out game after game online with this deck.
It's just how I work. lol I'll play the same decks over and over for hours at a time online. Sounds boring...but I find it thrilling. I love mastering decks!

I also wonder what it is with my obsession with magic (or any of the other hobbies I've ever been into). It gets to very unhealthy levels and becomes a HUGE portion of my life. I just completely obsess over them and it's all I ever really want to do.
This can last from just a couple of weeks...all the way to years in some cases.
Is this an ADHD thing?
Is this possibly an asperger's thing? I've often wondered if I don't have a bit of autism in me.
I might make a new thread on this sometime.

(((Hugs)))

(((((((MOM)))))))

amberwillow (10-07-15)
Old 03-18-15, 08:21 PM

lol I've totally made this thread into a place where I can just let out all my pent up excitement about this game...even though no one here plays haha.

I do enjoy having this thread to get it all out though! lol :P I needed to get all my long winded pent up thoughts out here...so I don't drive my parents insane talking to them about all this stuff! haha...my mom pretty much IMMEDIATELY checks out anymore once I start talking about this game >.<;.

(((((((MOM)))))))

Old 03-18-15, 08:29 PM
ADDvanced Member

KentUnknown is just really niceKentUnknown is just really niceKentUnknown is just really niceKentUnknown is just really nice

I dont play, my brother does, and he would wreck you. I am not certain of that, I am just well aware that everywhere he goes, no matter how confident teh other guy is, he demolishes them and almost makes them want to quit lol. They have an xbox game for this BTW
The Following User Says Thank You to KentUnknown For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-15, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentUnknown View Post
I dont play, my brother does, and he would wreck you. I am not certain of that, I am just well aware that everywhere he goes, no matter how confident teh other guy is, he demolishes them and almost makes them want to quit lol. They have an xbox game for this BTW
I'm not difficult to wreck to be honest. I'm really not that good of a player...there's TONS of things I still get confuzored about with this game (really small specific gameplay situations) and I also tend to play too fast for my own good at times (mainly out of nervousness I think)...instead of taking things slowly and thinking everything thoroughly through.
I'm also quite prone to making big stupid misplays yet as well haha.

I do consider myself an above average player skill wise...but at the same time, I'm fully aware that I'm no where near where I'd like to be. I'm only really a mediocre player when it all comes down to it.

Also...I LOVE playing people that can crush me. It sounds dumb...but it's true.
lol I still get all excited when I get to play a couple of the guys around here that are extremely good at this game. It gives me a natural high sometimes. I just absolutely crave that challenge!

It's also one of the best ways to get better at this game. To play people who are better then you.

hehe I'd love to play your brother . I wouldn't be surprised in any way if he kicked by butt haha. Especially if he's playing a fast deck...my current deck is much better at playing against slower decks (which tons of people locally play).

There's also an app for this game on ipads and other tablets that I've played.
The thing I don't like about the xbox or tablet versions of the game...is they don't give you access to all the cards, and you can't fully customize your own decks because of it. It's all very limited and restrictive. You can tweak the decks in the games...but only with a small, limited, set of cards.
It'd be amazing if you could build your own decks from scratch on the xbox/tablet apps and play them!

(((((((MOM)))))))

KentUnknown (03-18-15)
Old 03-18-15, 08:53 PM
ADDvanced Member

KentUnknown is just really niceKentUnknown is just really niceKentUnknown is just really niceKentUnknown is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
I'm not difficult to wreck to be honest. I'm really not that good of a player...there's TONS of things I still get confuzored about with this game (really small specific gameplay situations) and I also tend to play too fast for my own good at times (mainly out of nervousness I think)...instead of taking things slowly and thinking everything thoroughly through.
I'm also quite prone to making big stupid misplays yet as well haha.

I do consider myself an above average player skill wise...but at the same time, I'm fully aware that I'm no where near where I'd like to be. I'm only really a mediocre player when it all comes down to it.

Also...I LOVE playing people that can crush me. It sounds dumb...but it's true.
lol I still get all excited when I get to play a couple of the guys around here that are extremely good at this game. It gives me a natural high sometimes. I just absolutely crave that challenge!

It's also one of the best ways to get better at this game. To play people who are better then you.

hehe I'd love to play your brother . I wouldn't be surprised in any way if he kicked by butt haha. Especially if he's playing a fast deck...my current deck is much better at playing against slower decks (which tons of people locally play).

There's also an app for this game on ipads and other tablets that I've played.
The thing I don't like about the xbox or tablet versions of the game...is they don't give you access to all the cards, and you can't fully customize your own decks because of it. It's all very limited and restrictive. You can tweak the decks in the games...but only with a small, limited, set of cards.
It'd be amazing if you could build your own decks from scratch on the xbox/tablet apps and play them!
I bet you, he has multiple decks that he plays with for different situations :P

I cant play card games, never could, don't think i will. Something about em, I don't even understand poker.
Last year my oldest brother tried getting us all to play Dungeons and dragons, not only was it 10 years before my turn each time, but I just did NOT get it at all. Even monopoly I don't get really, I haven't played in a while but when I was a kid I think I made up my own rules.

They have tried to get me into magic but again i don't understand the game I will ask him if I can remember when he is home what decks he has haha
The Following User Says Thank You to KentUnknown For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-15, 08:58 PM

That'd be awesome, I'd love to know what he's packing .

Also, it's just like anything really. Everyone's got their own interests. lol for some this game is tediously mind numbingly boring...for others, it provides an almost infinite amount of excitement and thrills .

I find almost all sports to be incredibly dull and boring...and yet for many others, it's a big part of their lives.

We all tick in our own ways.

...But seriously.
You should get into magic. I mean...what is wrong with you!!

(((((((MOM)))))))

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
amberwillow (10-07-15), KentUnknown (03-18-15)