ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Other Creative Endeavors
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-16, 02:04 PM
Moderator of all seasons

Thanked 16,261 Times in 8,226 Posts
anonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Writing the same concept three different ways

I'd like to explore how to write a concept in an assortment of ways so the reader or audience can be entertained, not bored. Feel free to post on your own and try it out.

I've seen this technique done through public speaking, but I suppose the same can be done with regular writing. People use repetition to hammer home an important point. They often use the same exact words. In public speaking, I've heard speakers use different words or examples to explain the same concept. That's what I'd like to do in this thread.

I'd like to practice writing about the same concept but in different ways. I know this won't be easy, but I hope to improve over time, with much practice.

~Paulo Coelho
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anonymouslyadd For This Useful Post:
namazu (08-20-16), salleh (08-20-16)
Old 08-20-16, 02:49 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 8,348 Times in 3,313 Posts
salleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Writing the same concept three different ways

I think you've got it !

....This isn't life in the fast lane, it's life in the oncoming traffic lane"
Terry Pratchett

....If you're going through hell, ......keep going.....
The Following User Says Thank You to salleh For This Useful Post:
anonymouslyadd (08-20-16)
Old 09-08-18, 01:08 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

diced is a jewel in the roughdiced is a jewel in the roughdiced is a jewel in the rough
Re: Writing the same concept three different ways

You could say, you're under the impression that he grasped the concept.

That being said, the general idea of what he is trying to acchieve is well understood.

I could even go as far as, saying the skill of re-expressing the sentiment has been mastered.

Now try:
I've made myself a delecious meal. I wish there was someone I could share it with. That would make this the perfect evening.