ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > General Medication Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

General Medication Discussion This section is to be used for general medication discussion and other medications not broken out in their own respective forums.

Old 04-15-18, 12:52 PM
ADDvanced Member

Charmcityguy22 will become famous soon enough
new Stimulants for ADHD,I want my life back

so I want my life back,I've been off a stimulant since October of 2017,I was taking concerta 36 mgs and due to some life events had to stop taking it.ive been on Buspar for 6 months for severe anxiety and ativan for 3 weeks.i was taking buspar 7.5 mgs twice a day and 10 mgs at night.it was working but were off so I stopped it and my xiety came back and it was bad,so i was put on ativan 1mg.

I've since started the buspar again to combat ativan withdrawal.ive started seeing a new Pdoc and have been seeing him for 3 weeks now.i have a meeting with him on Tuesday to talk about a new med treatment,at first he had me on focalin 5mgs once a day and intuniv at night.i tried the Focalin and it did nothing for me but have not started the intuniv.

I've taken these ADHD medications over the years

concerta-which was helpful for 6 months until I had to stop,i was on concerta twice in three years.

I've also taken adderall instinct release and adderall xr
the xr I stop due to major mood swings. and the instant release I took for 3 years but stopped due to seeing a new pdoc.

I've tried ritalin instant release and was on it for a month as I dont like instant release meds.my ADHD is bad enough I need XR stimulants.

I've tried vyvanse and was on it for a week as it gave me panic attacks when it kicked in so I stopped.

I'm here to get people's opinions on medications I've not tired that might work,I'm open to taking any stimulant at this point as long as the side effects are low and it actually works.i'd be taking it along with an anti anxiety medication.

what have you tried in the past,what has worked for you and has not worked,what where you on the longest with the most benefit. please let me know. and god bless.
Old 04-15-18, 02:20 PM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 30,860 Times in 14,138 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: new Stimulants for ADHD,I want my life back

I wonder if your reaction to adderall xr was to the actual amphetamine or the way it was formulated? I think it would be a good thing to try amphetamines again, namely dexedrinen spansules (sometimes called dex er). They are time released and hopefully help give you the coverage you need. Be aware that you may need more than 1 dose in a day and that's ok. I take adderall xr three times a day.

I carried a watermelon?
Old 04-15-18, 03:02 PM
ADDvanced Member

ok great,I'll let my Pdoc know this,and when I'm on stims I dont eat enough or drink enough.but what is dex ER
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-18, 03:05 PM

Thanked 32,789 Times in 14,812 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

the ER in dex ER stands for extended release. dexedrine is dextroamphetamine and comes in instant release and extended (spansules used to be what they're called).

with the eating and drinking, i used to set timers and eat something little even if not hungry in regular intervals. i never had a problem with drinking because i was drinking water constantly.
Old 04-16-18, 02:04 PM
ADDvanced Member

ok great,I'll talk to my new pdoc tomorrow about this medication.