ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Ritalin
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Ritalin (methylphenidate)

Old 04-14-18, 10:19 PM
ADDvanced Member

cobain67 has a spectacular aura aboutcobain67 has a spectacular aura about
Those Happily on Ritalin

Who's happily medicated on Ritalin? How long have you been consistently using and how does your dosing regime look? Additionally, what effects do you note, positive or negative after time? I'm mildly curious..
Old 04-16-18, 06:15 PM

SuperSparks will become famous soon enough
Re: Those Happily on Ritalin

30-50 mg daily for 10 years now. Always kept it neat and tidy with Ritalin. It's basically in the background now. I don't even think about it but hardly dependent. I can quit cold turkey and not experience any rebound depression, and my crashing is helped by diet and exercise. I typically used to crash around 5pm, but with 40-50mg daily that can be anywhere between 10PM and 1PM. I'm happy with that and with what Ritalin provides me with; a tool to work with myself.

Downsides: slight anxiety that I've actually extinguished consciously by becoming calmer, some lack of sleep in the first few years, loss of appetite.o

If you're feeling overly curious perhaps you should try it.
Old 04-17-18, 06:06 PM
ADDvanced Member

cobain67 has a spectacular aura aboutcobain67 has a spectacular aura about
Re: Those Happily on Ritalin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSparks View Post
30-50 mg daily for 10 years now. Always kept it neat and tidy with Ritalin. It's basically in the background now. I don't even think about it but hardly dependent. I can quit cold turkey and not experience any rebound depression, and my crashing is helped by diet and exercise. I typically used to crash around 5pm, but with 40-50mg daily that can be anywhere between 10PM and 1PM. I'm happy with that and with what Ritalin provides me with; a tool to work with myself.

Downsides: slight anxiety that I've actually extinguished consciously by becoming calmer, some lack of sleep in the first few years, loss of appetite.o

If you're feeling overly curious perhaps you should try it.
Hey thanks.

Do you find it has any effect on your mood at this point? Also, are you taking any other medications in conjunction?

Thank you again!
Sponsored Links