ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Relationships & Social Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Relationships & Social Issues This forum is for adults with AD/HD to discuss how AD/HD affects personal relationships.

Old 04-17-18, 06:04 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 29,089 Times in 13,440 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Nothing works out for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by userguide View Post
Yeah, but I was thinking of someone like Fuzzy's friends who are happy (I assume they weren't poured over with hot oil to agree to their marriage)
No they weren't. Arranged marriages are still pretty much the norm in India and in most cases they are just like another form of some sort of match making agency.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
userguide (04-17-18)
Old 04-17-18, 06:06 PM

Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax988 View Post
accurately speaking its more of a business deal. A game about compromises where cast/creed/race is heavily judged. Priority is given to the amount of money a guy makes, how well "qualified" (even if he might look like a roadkill) and for a girl its generally about the beauty and fairness,'character' and related attributes. These parameters have really,really strong roots at places where arranged marriage is a norm. So the final verdict has to come from the self-appointed judges(parents) who's approval seals the deal. In short,a sad circus full of egomaniac,entitled douches and approval seeking minions.
Um...accurately speaking..yes

It doesn't have to be that way though and like you said the outcome is often fairly happy. At least it seems as if arranged marriages are not more likely to fail or be unhappy. However if getting married for the sake of getting married isnt your thing then that's fair enough.
Old 04-17-18, 09:26 PM
ADDvanced Member

userguide is a jewel in the roughuserguide is a jewel in the roughuserguide is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax988 View Post
accurately speaking its more of a business deal. A game about compromises where cast/creed/race is heavily judged. Priority is given to the amount of money a guy makes, how well "qualified" (even if he might look like a roadkill) and for a girl its generally about the beauty and fairness,'character' and related attributes. These parameters have really,really strong roots at places where arranged marriage is a norm. So the final verdict has to come from the self-appointed judges(parents) who's approval seals the deal. In short,a sad circus full of egomaniac,entitled douches and approval seeking minions.
I love India !

I guess as a foreigner I need to be more wealthy than a local guy ?

If what you say is true then there must be a kind of knowledge market about who you can "get" for what money.... something like a register of historical deals....

So what net worth do I need to compensate for the fact that I am a 38 adhd foreigner ?
Old 04-18-18, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by userguide View Post
I love India !

I guess as a foreigner I need to be more wealthy than a local guy ?

If what you say is true then there must be a kind of knowledge market about who you can "get" for what money.... something like a register of historical deals....

So what net worth do I need to compensate for the fact that I am a 38 adhd foreigner ?
That depends on lot on whom you are planning to marry. Different communities have different expectations.
Old 04-20-18, 10:26 PM
ADDvanced Member

userguide is a jewel in the roughuserguide is a jewel in the roughuserguide is a jewel in the rough

Can I get a quote somewhere ?

Any dating portals with free expert advice ?