ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 06-11-18, 03:42 PM

femmefata1e is on a distinguished road
Adderall drug test - Paper Cups???

Went to do my quarterly test at the doctor to confirm I'm taking my Adderall as prescribed and noticed they switched to paper cups for the urine tests...

Has anyone else seen these? I've only ever used a plastic cup with a screw on cap for urine tests in the past, and today there were large paper cups labeled "urine sample cup" next to lids which looked like gas station coffee lids - they don't even seal the urine in - if that cup were to tip over my sample would be gone. Is this normal? They said they use LabCorp, which I have heard bad things about and they already had a test come back negative on me when I'm taking my meds and in fact, I make it a point (at my physician's recommendation) to always take one 20mg 6 hours before testing, so my test will always come back showing my meds, but this last one (before today's test) did not show Adderall in my system at all.

I'm concerned because I NEED my meds to function properly, so I cannot have tests coming back false negatives. And maybe I'm uneducated about these things, but is my sample safe in a paper cup with a coffee lid?? I don't feel like is...
The Following User Says Thank You to femmefata1e For This Useful Post:
namazu (06-11-18)
Old 06-12-18, 07:31 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 31,229 Times in 14,331 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Adderall drug test - Paper Cups???

My doc uses those paper cups and I have never had an issue.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
namazu (06-12-18)
Old 06-12-18, 08:54 AM
Contributor

CharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to all

Maybe you could provide a hair sample. That would give definitive proof that you take it consistently. But if you're taking illicit drugs in addition to your prescription Adderall, then that might be a problem.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-18, 10:07 AM
ADDvanced Member

userguide is a jewel in the roughuserguide is a jewel in the roughuserguide is a jewel in the rough

Is that obligatory for all patients or only those with a history of abuse ?

I wonder what kind of sensitivity they have - If I skip a dose for a day or two, will it show up ?

And if so, will I be accused of anything ?

Or the test shows only overdosing-caused concentration (that would be ok) ?