ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Medications for Co-Existing Conditions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-08, 10:53 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Spongedaddy has a spectacular aura aboutSpongedaddy has a spectacular aura about
Re: Depakote Take 2

I take the ER as well. After I take it at night I get very drowsy, but it takes me a while to fall asleep. Then I wake up after five hours and somehow (this has never happened before) fall back asleep for naother three or so. Than it takes me an hour to get going and I get osmewhat sluggish in the afternoon. I am going to give it a few weeks and see how it goes. Antidepressents tend to be activating for me so I don't know what he will add to help.
Old 07-07-08, 09:28 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Spongedaddy has a spectacular aura aboutSpongedaddy has a spectacular aura about

Today has been a bad day. I was in a dizzy fog all day with times where I had to sit down or fall down. I want to be able to think, but the signal isn't so clear today. I hope this feeling passes.
Old 07-07-08, 09:40 PM
Forum Guru

blueyeyore is a jewel in the roughblueyeyore is a jewel in the roughblueyeyore is a jewel in the rough

That sucks sponge - I'm sorry to hear that. Did you eat anything different with your meds today? How much of the Depakote ER are you taking anyway...if you don't mind me asking that is? ***hugs*** I wish I had something more comforting to say. Just keep us updated and I hope you feel better soon....I hate those days.

Lamictal
Wellbutrin
The Following User Says Thank You to blueyeyore For This Useful Post:
Spongedaddy (07-07-08)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-08, 10:04 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

I take 1000mg of ER with my supper. Still feeling that fog. Couldn't even concentrate long enough to save the earth from aliens on my PS3.

Sorry Earth.
blueyeyore (07-07-08)
Old 07-07-08, 10:58 PM
Forum Guru

blueyeyore is a jewel in the roughblueyeyore is a jewel in the roughblueyeyore is a jewel in the rough

wow...I'd never have the finger coordination to save the world from anything with that much depakote in my system. I was trying to play ps3 earlier...it wasn't going over too well but that's probably my muscle relaxer talking. I'm having to concentrate extra hard just to type. Feels like I'm having to reach extra far and hit a little harder just to make sure that I'm using the right keys. I *heart* backspace.

Anyway, That's a lot to start out on...anyway, I have to be up early in the morning to drive to Brandon from my home town - yay me.... *cringe @ morning traffic*

Lamictal
Wellbutrin
The Following User Says Thank You to blueyeyore For This Useful Post:
Spongedaddy (07-07-08)
Old 07-07-08, 11:24 PM
Contributor

Zoie will become famous soon enough

Sponge, with everything else you have dealt with the past few months, I am sorry that you are having med trouble. I hope that it levels out in your system soon so you can enjoy the positive effects without the fog and other side effects.

*hugs* hang in there

If we're not gonna make it, it's gotta be you that gets out, cause I'm not capable. I'm f***ing Irish, I'll deal with something being wrong for the rest of my life-- The Departed

Happiness is only real when shared -- Leo Tolstoy

The Following User Says Thank You to Zoie For This Useful Post:
Spongedaddy (07-07-08)
Old 07-08-08, 12:11 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Thanks for the support. It's 12:10AM and like every night for the last week I am tired, but wired. Hopeufully be out by 1am

i guess the thing is that we are going to go through a lot until we find what works best for us as individuals in treatment it is challenging to say the least
blueyeyore (07-08-08)
Old 07-09-08, 10:52 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

My daydreaming, arousal factor, ADHD have all increased since starting the Depakote...and oh yeah my checking compulsions have increased as well...anyone know anything about this?
Old 07-10-08, 09:34 AM
Forum Guru

hrm....you know now that I think about it. I do remember something similar. I don't think I've ever had a "checking" compulsion before, but while I was on it...I was constantly checking doors. House doors and car doors...that was about it....I'm not sure if it relates but hopefully it's one of those side effects that if you stick with it long enough you'll pull through it.

*hugs*

Lamictal
Wellbutrin
Old 07-10-08, 10:33 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

I misused that word...by checking I meant my email and like four or five web sites hundreds of times per day....other than that I don't do that...
Old 07-13-08, 10:32 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

welp i see the pdoc tomorrow and three weeks later i have had a long depressive run..really bad last few days..terrible acid refulux is back, at 3PM every day I hit a wall of zombiness and right now I am drowsy as hell....when the f does this thing start working..well he seems like a good doc so we will see what he says tomorrow.
Old 03-02-09, 04:09 PM
Jr Member

mydsrtsky is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Depakote Take 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongedaddy View Post
I went to a new PDoc today who was suggested by my therapist. This PDoc is said to be like the A-Team of PDocs...you go to him when nothing else has worked. He seemed to know much much more about BP than my last two numbnut drug pimps..I mean practitioners. That alone made me feel good. He was also the first one to recognize the co-morbidity of my ADHD...another plus...he said though we need to get my out of control BP under some control first b4 dealing with ADHD. He is taking away Lamictal, because it has done nothing and starting me back on Depakote (first time I mistook flea bites for an allergic reaction to a few drugs). I take my first dose tonight and it is the only thing I will be on for a bit. He said it would help with the mixed episodes.

He also gave me seroquel for nights when I need help sleeping. He said to take half a pill and it is non-addicting.

Let's hope the A-Team can help me.
Great post! Your describing a situation with meds similar to mine. Am on day 3 of 250mg Depakote. afraid to try the seroquel due to conerns of not being able to get out of bed....but will try. Thanks for reminding me not to give up on this!
PS I am hopig like hell not to gain weight!