ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-19, 03:42 PM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,094 Times in 15,350 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
24 years of marriage as of 9/2 and we are still disgustingly in love.

I meant to share this yesterday. I celebrated 24 years of marriage. In addition to being blessed to have married my soulmate I am proud to say that I officially beat the odds. You see we met when I was 18, got engaged when I turned 19- I got pregnant so we moved up the wedding and I got married when I was 20 and had my son 6 days before I turned 21. We were kids and we were poor. We knew it was going to be hard. We were both in college so he finished first- He graduated in 96 while I took time off to have the baby and work. Thank god I went back to school and was able to graduate in 98-while taking care of a toddler and working. I have no idea when I slept or how I managed. But we loved each other. We always knew it was us against the world. Our nuclear family is the most important. We are united and we do not trash talk each other. My girlfriends will not hear me complain about how xyz he is or how he doesnt do something right. His coworkers will never hear about the ole' ball and chain. We are very lucky, I know that. But I believe that we all have our path in life that leads us to that one person-even if we have to suffer pain, loss or 600 relationships to find them- I believe it can happen.
We do not usually do gifts but I got us new wedding bands.
They are Tungston and Carbonite- strong and scratch proof. Kind of a blurry picture but they have heartbeats around the band. Oh- and I looked at pics- its a healthy heartbeat. Last thing I wanted was to give him a-fib or something.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (09-03-19), mrzyphl (09-03-19), namazu (09-03-19), psychopathetic (10-03-19), stef (09-04-19), tudorose (09-05-19)
Old 09-03-19, 04:44 PM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,094 Times in 15,350 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 24 years of marriage as of 9/2 and we are still disgustingly in love.

better picture of band.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (09-03-19), namazu (09-03-19), psychopathetic (10-03-19), tudorose (09-05-19)
Old 09-03-19, 07:34 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 30,768 Times in 14,149 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Wishing you a beautiful life together. Thanks for sharing.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (10-03-19)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-19, 10:30 PM

Thanked 4,165 Times in 2,150 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation

That's a good looking band. I didn't know you could get bands made of tungsten and carbonite.

Congratulations on your anniversary. You and your husband are both really lucky. And I do hope you are right that it can happen to all of us.
The Following User Says Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-19, 03:33 AM

Thanked 5,585 Times in 2,411 Posts
tudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond repute

Your story sounds so much like mine. Engaged at 17, got pregnant moved the wedding forward. Had 2 kids before I was 20, went to uni and graduated in 98.

Congrats the best decisions are made in your teens
psychopathetic (10-03-19), sarahsweets (09-05-19)
Old 10-03-19, 12:11 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 16,056 Times in 7,970 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Awww...I love you so much Sweets! You're so awesome! An awesome mom, an awesome wife, an awesome friend.

This was a fun read! I love that you're still so in love! haha

(((((((Super-Amazing-Awesome-Sweets)))))))

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (10-03-19)
Old 10-03-19, 07:36 AM

Thanked 22,381 Times in 12,052 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

They gots the real love.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post: