ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-19, 03:56 PM
Contrapunctual Moderator

Thanked 21,425 Times in 10,809 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Come on In If You're Online And Say Anything: Part III

Happy birthday, Robert!

(And hope the colonoscopy and associated prep go as smoothly as possible.)
The Following User Says Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
mctavish23 (09-11-19)
Old 09-11-19, 08:47 AM

Thanked 10,315 Times in 3,244 Posts
mctavish23 has disabled reputation

nam,

Thanks. Technically, my BD is tomorrow, but I try and "spread the joy"

The procedure went well, thank you. I definitely don't recommend the prep for

weight loss though. My surgeon suggested I needed to eat more "ruffage," so

after I got home and rested for the afternoon, I had a dream about eating

"cream of brillo pad soup," with a "pine cone pop over" for dessert.

When I told my wife, she just rolled her eyes and said that was a perfect

example of my ADHD (literal) concrete thinking, which I agreed with

Thanks again for the concern, and I hope everyone is doing well.

tc

Robert

Last edited by mctavish23; 09-11-19 at 08:59 AM..
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mctavish23 For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (09-11-19), Little Missy (09-11-19), Lunacie (09-11-19), namazu (09-11-19), stef (09-12-19)
Old 09-11-19, 08:22 PM
Contrapunctual Moderator

Thanked 21,425 Times in 10,809 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mctavish23 View Post
"cream of brillo pad soup," with a "pine cone pop over" for dessert.
Love it!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (09-12-19), mctavish23 (09-12-19)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-19, 08:51 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 5,585 Times in 2,411 Posts
tudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
I've seen others talk about that Cefaly device on the migraine support group.
I don't understand how electric pulses on the forehead can help but if Medicare
would buy me one, I'd be willing to try it.

I've not heard of Malic Acid, had to look it up. Says it can help pain reduction,
especially in fibromyalgia. I'm going to the pharmacy to pick up my meds in a
bit, will look for that while I'm there.
I had to buy the malic acid online from a bodybuilding shop.
mctavish23 (09-19-19)
Old 09-13-19, 07:48 PM

Thanked 26,919 Times in 12,562 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tudorose View Post
I had to buy the malic acid online from a bodybuilding shop.
Found some on Amazon. Been taking it a couple of weeks.
Can't tell any difference so far.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
tudorose (10-03-19)
Old 09-19-19, 10:39 PM

So, when you least expect it, cellulitis returns with a vengeance

Oh well, "this too shall pass."

tc

Robert
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mctavish23 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (09-20-19), namazu (09-19-19), stef (09-20-19)
Old 09-24-19, 10:29 AM

Thanked 27,493 Times in 13,309 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

As of today, the magic number is THREE.

The Twins need three more wins to clinch the division.
I used to see baseball as a kind of lazy summer sport, until I started watching games with Aeon. I had no idea it how strategic it is.
The Following User Says Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
mctavish23 (09-29-19)
Old 09-29-19, 05:46 PM

Update Time:

So the cellulitis got some better, but never really went away. That meant a

visit to Urgent Care, where my antibiotic was changed. The good news is that

it works. The bad news is that there's no escaping the side effects; even with

all the precautions, etc.

Just before leaving Urgent Care, where they did an excellent job, the young

P.A. told me, "Remember you need to stay active, but most importantly, keep

your leg elevated!" I just smiled, but what I was really thinking was classic

Beavis & Butthead ; "Uh huh huh huh. Wut?"

Later ya'll

Robert
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mctavish23 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (10-01-19), namazu (09-29-19), Rebelyell (09-30-19), stef (09-29-19), tudorose (10-03-19)
Old 09-29-19, 07:45 PM

Thanked 27,493 Times in 13,309 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

vikings lost, twins lost.and I'm neutral for the Detroit Lions but they lost a heartbreaker in the final seconds. so i'm just watching for 60 Minutes "which will be shown in its entierty after this game". if i were in high school i'd be sulking because i'd realize i would have to do homework when i heard the theme music for " murder she wrote".
The Following User Says Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
mctavish23 (10-08-19)
Old 09-30-19, 11:57 AM

Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mctavish23 View Post
Update Time:

So the cellulitis got some better, but never really went away. That meant a

visit to Urgent Care, where my antibiotic was changed. The good news is that

it works. The bad news is that there's no escaping the side effects; even with

all the precautions, etc.

Just before leaving Urgent Care, where they did an excellent job, the young

P.A. told me, "Remember you need to stay active, but most importantly, keep

your leg elevated!" I just smiled, but what I was really thinking was classic

Beavis & Butthead ; "Uh huh huh huh. Wut?"

Later ya'll

Robert
Sure hope the new antibiotic clears it up completely and it doesn't return ever.

Do you think the PA realized that the advice was contradictory?

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
mctavish23 (10-08-19)
Old 09-30-19, 02:12 PM
Minecraft Mod-rater

Thanked 1,447 Times in 753 Posts
TurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to all

I have no clue what I did to my laptop, but Minecraft finally works on it! Well, actually I have to force close the launcher after launching, then it works... no idea why it's working like that, but I can't complain! Now I can work on the modded custom map I wanted to work on. I was using my dad's laptop, but now I can do it on my own laptop.

WEEEEE!!!!
Lunacie (09-30-19)
Old 10-02-19, 11:35 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 16,054 Times in 7,968 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking out loud...

I think I'm going to jump into becoming a respite care provider here shortly. I'd be nuts not to. In my town they pay VERY well and there's a big need.

Everything about it seems perfect for me. I'd be watching 2 awesome boys over the weekends here at my apartment. I'd be my own boss.
And it's something I've got over 10 years of experience with! I helped my mom and dad do this with these 2 kids for over 10 years almost every weekend. I love these boys. They're brothers to me at this point...I grew up with them. And I'm damn good with them. Better than my dad ever was for sure.

My mom passed, then my dad moved out of state...and since then their grandma who is their main caregiver hasn't picked up any more providers for the boys. She's VERY protective of them and who she lets work with them.

I called her up last thursday just a few hours before I got sick. She loved hearing from me and told me she can't get the boys to shut up about me! haha they miss me and they drive by my apartment everyday and I guess go on and on about me xP.
And she said she'd be THRILLED to have me take them like my dad use to do if I can get things all set up.

I also set up an appointment with Voc Rehab to see if they can't help me jump into this, and the facility I get 1 on 1 therapy from is trying to help me get new glasses so I can pass a test to get my driving license renewed then they think they can help me pay to get my car re-registered and with some insurance.

There's a lot of small things I need...and I'm really scared that I'm not mature enough for this. Like can I really take care of 2 kids on my own? By myself? They're not really kids...the eldest is something like 23'ish and the youngest 15'ish...but they do need a lot of help with things.

But seriously...it's like the perfect thing for me. It's something I can do that's super part time, pays great while still not being too much to bump me out of the government help I'm getting it'd be doing something I know I'm damn good at doing with people I absolutely love, it'd be at my own apartment...and it can branch out to other families and I could potentially really make it into a whole career at some point if I wish to stick with it long term.
I'd be crazy not to jump into this.

But I feel silly getting excited about things like this anymore. Or to get others pumped for me.
I always want to do things and then don't do them. I've been talking about employment for years...yet here I sit unemployed still all these months later.

But so much has changed. Money is more an issue now than it ever has been in my life...and it's only getting worse month to month as I'm running out of things to sell off.

What a beautiful opportunity this is though! How crazy would it be if everything worked out and I could actually do this? It's like literally the perfect 'job' for me.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
namazu (10-02-19), tudorose (10-03-19)
Old 10-03-19, 03:23 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,094 Times in 15,350 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (10-03-19)
Old 10-03-19, 09:05 AM

Thanked 11,483 Times in 6,080 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

Went to the beach one last time last night after work..it was 100 degrees out water was cold n rough but that didn't matter Indian summer and it was absolute bliss!! Today it's raining n cold out..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (10-03-19), tudorose (10-03-19)
Old 10-03-19, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
Thinking out loud...

I think I'm going to jump into becoming a respite care provider here shortly. I'd be nuts not to. In my town they pay VERY well and there's a big need.

Everything about it seems perfect for me. I'd be watching 2 awesome boys over the weekends here at my apartment. I'd be my own boss.
And it's something I've got over 10 years of experience with! I helped my mom and dad do this with these 2 kids for over 10 years almost every weekend. I love these boys. They're brothers to me at this point...I grew up with them. And I'm damn good with them. Better than my dad ever was for sure.

My mom passed, then my dad moved out of state...and since then their grandma who is their main caregiver hasn't picked up any more providers for the boys. She's VERY protective of them and who she lets work with them.

I called her up last thursday just a few hours before I got sick. She loved hearing from me and told me she can't get the boys to shut up about me! haha they miss me and they drive by my apartment everyday and I guess go on and on about me xP.
And she said she'd be THRILLED to have me take them like my dad use to do if I can get things all set up.

I also set up an appointment with Voc Rehab to see if they can't help me jump into this, and the facility I get 1 on 1 therapy from is trying to help me get new glasses so I can pass a test to get my driving license renewed then they think they can help me pay to get my car re-registered and with some insurance.

There's a lot of small things I need...and I'm really scared that I'm not mature enough for this. Like can I really take care of 2 kids on my own? By myself? They're not really kids...the eldest is something like 23'ish and the youngest 15'ish...but they do need a lot of help with things.

But seriously...it's like the perfect thing for me. It's something I can do that's super part time, pays great while still not being too much to bump me out of the government help I'm getting it'd be doing something I know I'm damn good at doing with people I absolutely love, it'd be at my own apartment...and it can branch out to other families and I could potentially really make it into a whole career at some point if I wish to stick with it long term.
I'd be crazy not to jump into this.

But I feel silly getting excited about things like this anymore. Or to get others pumped for me.
I always want to do things and then don't do them. I've been talking about employment for years...yet here I sit unemployed still all these months later.

But so much has changed. Money is more an issue now than it ever has been in my life...and it's only getting worse month to month as I'm running out of things to sell off.

What a beautiful opportunity this is though! How crazy would it be if everything worked out and I could actually do this? It's like literally the perfect 'job' for me.
Ya won't know until you try. You are great with the boys. As I remember it was
the paperwork for billing that was a problem. Is there someone who can help
you with that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelyell View Post
Went to the beach one last time last night after work..it was 100 degrees out water was cold n rough but that didn't matter Indian summer and it was absolute bliss!! Today it's raining n cold out..
Yeah, raining and cold here too. You can enjoy the beach without getting into
the water, right? We visited friends in California back in March. Some of the
family got into the water but it was pretty cold. I just enjoyed sitting on the
beach, watching the sea birds and boats and people.

Rebelyell (10-04-19)