ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Medications for Co-Existing Conditions > Anti-Anxiety/Benzodiazepines/Beta Blockers
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-19, 10:50 AM
Jr Member

JooceMayn is on a distinguished road
Considering adding BB to my regimen

Hey guys,

I currently take vyvanse and just started buspar a few days ago. I know it’s still too early, but I think the buspar is helping me. I’m only taking 5 mg in the morning and 5 in the afternoon, and might up the dose to 7.5 twice a day.

In brief for context: I have mild general anxiety that surrounds my academic work, which is normal I feel. I meditate and exercise every day. I do however, have a mild to moderate stutter since childhood that’s starting to become an obstacle in my career, and I also have general anxiety surrounding that.

I was recommended by someone with a similar condition as mine that SSRIs and beta blockers help. However, I want to avoid SSRIs, and see how buspar works instead. However, the person recommended beta blockers as needed, and so I was looking to hear from people that use it as needed their experiences .

One concern I have is that I’m a distance runner, and so my HR and BP are already on the lower end.

Things I’m wondering are how long they last, take to kick in, and if they felt anything weird when combining it with their ADHD meds. Any input would be appreciated!
Old 09-16-19, 12:25 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 26,915 Times in 12,560 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Considering adding BB to my regimen

I was allergic to the first beta blocker I tried (propranolol) for blood pressure
and haven't tried any of the others. I use an ace inhibitor now. Works great at
managing my blood pressure, no effect on adhd symptoms that I can tell.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
Old 09-16-19, 03:54 PM
Jr Member

JooceMayn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
I was allergic to the first beta blocker I tried (propranolol) for blood pressure
and haven't tried any of the others. I use an ace inhibitor now. Works great at
managing my blood pressure, no effect on adhd symptoms that I can tell.

Thanks for the input. I didnít actually intend to ask regarding taking one for blood pressure management, but on an as needed basis for anxiety.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-19, 12:36 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 26,915 Times in 12,560 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JooceMayn View Post
Thanks for the input. I didnít actually intend to ask regarding taking one for blood pressure management, but on an as needed basis for anxiety.
Sorry, lost my train of thought or something. None of the dozen or so blood
pressure meds I've tried has had any impact on my anxiety. It took an SSRI
to make that better.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me