ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-11, 07:24 PM
Registered

Thanked 17,760 Times in 8,903 Posts
Abi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: eshperiful...in memoriam

Rebelyell,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelyell
at least we have me an abi to terrorize and pillage yall
DON'T tempt me, I am on probabation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelyell
I cant believe this is affecting me this bad because aside from here I barely knew the guy and since hearing of his passing Ive been sad and ****ed offteary eyed crybaby right now
I bawled when I heard bro. I was gushing tears and snot. No handkerchiefs for me, I needed a bathtowel to clean myself up after.

Sorry for the messy icky details, but I think esh would have approved of the description in all its gooey glory.

"I think David Archuleta's picture is starting to annoy me." - BellaVita

"A glass of water is healthier than a glass of vodka - but you don't substitute one for the other." - aeon

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Abi For This Useful Post:
anonymouslyadd (05-11-11), danelady (05-12-11), Impromptu_DTour (05-12-11), LaVieEnRose (05-12-11), peripatetic (05-14-11), salleh (05-12-11), tinywiney (05-11-11)
Old 05-11-11, 07:27 PM
Registered

Thanked 17,760 Times in 8,903 Posts
Abi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond repute

Rebel: btw, he liked you a lot, you know...

You were ALWAYS on those top 10 lists he made... who he would take with him to a desert island and so forth.

And I don't know if you remember the post where he said that if we all met up I'd be like a brother and you would be like a best bud (it may have been the other way around).

"I think David Archuleta's picture is starting to annoy me." - BellaVita

"A glass of water is healthier than a glass of vodka - but you don't substitute one for the other." - aeon

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abi For This Useful Post:
peripatetic (05-14-11), Rebelyell (05-11-11)
Old 05-11-11, 07:39 PM
I eat shades of red.

Thanked 22,204 Times in 9,399 Posts
Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond repute

It's been a few month since I've talked to Esh, and I always kind of expected he'd be there when I looked again. While my first encounters with him were rocky and slightly fiery, once I got to know him I would say he was a really warm human being. He is missed.

Peri, many sympathies for this. I wish I had more words for you.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fortune For This Useful Post:
Abi (05-11-11), BouCoupDinkyDau (05-11-11), danelady (05-12-11), peripatetic (05-14-11), tinywiney (05-11-11), tudorose (05-13-11)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-11, 07:40 PM

Thanked 34,233 Times in 15,486 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelyell View Post
Please dont take his stuff down for some of us would still like to hear what he has to say and maybe go back an reminisce and thats all we have at this point.How old was he by the way?
rebel,

is this to me regarding his youtube accounts? i'm not trying to take away your memories, but he wanted things done and i'm going to do them.

EDITED

i hope that gives you some understanding of why he wanted these things removed or edited. but, at the end of the day, i must honour his wishes.

Last edited by peripatetic; 05-08-14 at 07:27 PM.. Reason: overexposure correction
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
Abi (05-11-11), ADHDTigger (07-11-11), BaberahamLincoln (10-25-11), danelady (05-12-11), Rebelyell (05-11-11), tinywiney (05-11-11)
Old 05-11-11, 08:47 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 11,485 Times in 6,080 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

I understand about peoples wishes,if only he could of understood alot more people liked an loved him for him.Yes I was talking bout the you tube accounts if thats his wishes I respect that.I already put 2 people THat dearly ment something to me in the ground,so I totally understand wishes an wills. Yes I remember that abi it was last JUne around the time my aunt an cousin came up here to go to NY city w me and my brother at the end of June.It sucks that not a whole lotta people give a sh*t about each other anymore.People think ohhh mom and dad will be here forever or I forgot to tell my brother/sister gf bf I love em,ahhh Ill see em next week.What people forget is we are truly living moment to moment,no 1 wakes up and says Ahhh I better not ride my motorcycle today Im gonna be killed on it etc.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
Abi (05-11-11), BouCoupDinkyDau (05-11-11), peripatetic (05-11-11), tinywiney (05-11-11)
Old 05-11-11, 09:01 PM

Thanked 34,233 Times in 15,486 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
if only he could of understood alot more people liked an loved him for him.
i tell you truly, rebel, that it took incredible courage on his part to allow himself to believe that i loved him and to trust me. i, too, wanted for him to be able to see the love so many had for him. even more than that i wish i had found a way to help him give some of his enormous supplies of love he had for others to himself.

nevertheless, he fought hard and he worked against the depression and the negative thought patterns it created with everything he had. the man was a fighter
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
Abi (05-11-11), BaberahamLincoln (10-25-11), BouCoupDinkyDau (05-11-11), sarek (05-12-11), tinywiney (05-11-11)
Old 05-11-11, 09:08 PM

Thanked 2,521 Times in 1,267 Posts
BouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I cant believe this is affecting me this bad because aside from here I barely knew the guy and since hearing of his passing Ive been sad and ****ed offteary eyed crybaby right now)
We've bonded with one another, dude. We are a fraternity in here--a family. When one of us goes, it's like we all lost a family member. It does not matter how close we were to that person. We understand one another in ways that even our own families do not get. I didn't really know esh that well either, but I still feel his loss. He was one of us...and he always will be.

Last edited by BouCoupDinkyDau; 05-11-11 at 09:14 PM.. Reason: spelling mistakes - man am I tired
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BouCoupDinkyDau For This Useful Post:
Abi (05-11-11), anonymouslyadd (05-11-11), peripatetic (05-11-11), Rebelyell (05-11-11), sarek (05-12-11), tinywiney (05-11-11)
Old 05-11-11, 09:38 PM

Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

I dont see any of his writings/blogs as inadequacies or failures I see it as it takes a real strong person to talk about there problems an tribulations and not blame others.Its too bad its too late and people didnt tell him this sooner Im guilty too I didnt go out of my way to try to contact him,got tied up w life but that is still no excuse really.Yeah not too many people in my world understand me.last few days w my mom being on my mind,brother doesnt even talk to me anymore,I feel Like Im gonna lose it.hearing no 1 talk to you is like solitary confinement,sensory deprivation.I thought was strong enough but it breaks you eventually.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
peripatetic (10-13-12)
Old 05-11-11, 09:44 PM
Suspended Account

Thanked 4,738 Times in 2,556 Posts
Blueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I dont see any of his writings/blogs as inadequacies or failures I see it as it takes a real strong person to talk about there problems an tribulations and not blame others.Its too bad its too late and people didnt tell him this sooner Im guilty too I didnt go out of my way to try to contact him,got tied up w life but that is still no excuse really.Yeah not too many people in my world understand me.last few days w my mom being on my mind,brother doesnt even talk to me anymore,I feel Like Im gonna lose it.hearing no 1 talk to you is like solitary confinement,sensory deprivation.I thought was strong enough but it breaks you eventually.
No more drinking tonight Reb... There are a few members of this forum close to your location. You all should really plan that Forum member meet-up!
Everyone here would talk to you, I know it!
The Following User Says Thank You to Blueranne For This Useful Post:
peripatetic (10-13-12)
Old 05-11-11, 09:54 PM

I dont see what drinking has to do w it or anything,I dont understand what your getting at Im sorry.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
peripatetic (10-13-12)
Old 05-11-11, 10:07 PM
Suspended Account

Thanked 4,738 Times in 2,556 Posts
Blueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I dont see what drinking has to do w it or anything,I dont understand what your getting at Im sorry.
ahh... Im sorry, no worries.... I was getting at being sad when drinking is no fun.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blueranne For This Useful Post:
peripatetic (10-13-12)
Old 05-11-11, 10:28 PM

Im usually not sad when I drink tho.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
Blueranne (05-11-11), peripatetic (10-13-12)
Old 05-11-11, 10:45 PM
Moderator of all seasons

Thanked 16,267 Times in 8,229 Posts
anonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond repute

For Peri,

As I've read your posts in regards to Shane on this thread, it has brought hope to me in my life regarding a relationship with a woman.

I did not realize how close you and Shane were. Sure, I saw the visitor messages with green emoticons sprinkled around.

This moment has impacted me very much. I have wondered if I could be loved by a woman no matter what I do. Not only did Esh or more humanly Shane have ADD, he had severe Bipolar. I believe you said he suffered from seizures and potentially catatonic states. Yet, you loved him so dearly even while knowing his struggles and his terrible mental states.

I sit here on my bedroom floor with my mechanical pencil writing words about you and Shane, people whom I have never met. I am balling my eyes out now. My chest has been going up and down like a runner finishing a race he was unprepared for. I have had to take a break, walk to the store, and cover up my red face. My eyes are laden with tears. I almost lost it walking on the sidewalk next to the highway.

The fact of the matter is that on the door step of my brains thoughts are that of shock and disbelief at your love for Shane even till the end. He had so many problems and struggles. I wonder if most of the world would abandon, judge, or stayed away from him. I have never known love like this. Not from my ex-wife. Not from my mom.

I have quite a few emotional issues. I have a mental health disorder, actually several. I have baggage from my childhood, which I am deeply affected by. I have seen a lot of mental health professionals totaling eight. This began probably at that young age. I have moments when I think that I won't be loved unconditionally.

I do not claim to have suffered as Shane did nor would I be so brash to speak of it at this time, on this thread. But one day, I hope to have a woman in my life who will be able to love me. Love me with all my struggles and issues as you loved Shane. You accepted him. I have never known the feeling of being safe and accepted by woman. This occured maybe once with my ex-wife's mom.

I hope if she is out there that I will have the wisdom to hold on to her. Hold on even if I feel like I'm in a distant land.

You showed Shane love. You've shown me love.

~Paulo Coelho
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to anonymouslyadd For This Useful Post:
Abi (05-13-11), Blueranne (05-11-11), BouCoupDinkyDau (05-12-11), danelady (05-12-11), LaVieEnRose (05-16-11), peripatetic (05-12-11), Rebelyell (05-11-11), salleh (05-12-11), sarek (05-12-11), StoicNate (05-11-11), tinywiney (05-11-11), tudorose (05-13-11)
Old 05-11-11, 11:50 PM

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,786 Posts
Sandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: eshperiful...in memoriam

Peri, I've thought of you and Esh. whenever I had a break in the day today.

It probably helps that I'm with you here in SF visiting relatives right now, so I see people in coffee shops or what have you and think, "That could be Peri."

Sure puts all our other stupid day-to-day concerns in perspective.

I was dreamin' when I wrote this. So sue me if I go too fast. ~ 1999, Prince, 1982.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sandy4957 For This Useful Post:
Abi (05-13-11), anonymouslyadd (05-12-11), BouCoupDinkyDau (05-12-11), danelady (05-12-11), peripatetic (05-12-11), Rebelyell (05-12-11), tinywiney (05-11-11)
Old 05-12-11, 02:03 AM

Thanked 2,675 Times in 1,112 Posts
Joker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Ive still been thinking about this and am sad.

I sooo wish this did not happen.

I am so sorry, that he was so sad. I HATE that.

I just figured that he was still coming here but just not posting as much. It is awful.

The Drifters Game:http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141997
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joker_Girl For This Useful Post:
danelady (05-12-11), peripatetic (05-23-11)
Closed Thread