ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-13, 08:34 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

atSWIMtooboreds has much to be proud ofatSWIMtooboreds has much to be proud ofatSWIMtooboreds has much to be proud ofatSWIMtooboreds has much to be proud ofatSWIMtooboreds has much to be proud ofatSWIMtooboreds has much to be proud ofatSWIMtooboreds has much to be proud ofatSWIMtooboreds has much to be proud ofatSWIMtooboreds has much to be proud of
Re: Support Group Fireside chat!!!!

This feels silly compared to some of the very important and deep stuff other people have mentioned, but - I felt so, so lonely last night, and it was so good to have this site, at least to know, rationally, that I wasn't alone.
Old 06-12-13, 02:02 PM
mod of many colors

Thanked 3,324 Times in 1,583 Posts
pooka has a reputation beyond reputepooka has a reputation beyond reputepooka has a reputation beyond reputepooka has a reputation beyond reputepooka has a reputation beyond reputepooka has a reputation beyond reputepooka has a reputation beyond reputepooka has a reputation beyond reputepooka has a reputation beyond reputepooka has a reputation beyond reputepooka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by atSWIMtooboreds View Post
This feels silly compared to some of the very important and deep stuff other people have mentioned, but - I felt so, so lonely last night, and it was so good to have this site, at least to know, rationally, that I wasn't alone.

You're not alone as long as we're here. People in your life may not find it possible to understand you, because they don't think the way that you do. A lot of us think similarly here, so it's easier to sympathize. Hope you feel better soon.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pooka For This Useful Post:
atSWIMtooboreds (06-12-13), Blanched Dubois (06-12-13)
Old 06-12-13, 11:53 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Location: you carry your claim wherever you go - bob wier ACE
Thanked 1,469 Times in 924 Posts
Blanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooka View Post

You're not alone as long as we're here. People in your life may not find it possible to understand you, because they don't think the way that you do. A lot of us think similarly here, so it's easier to sympathize. Hope you feel better soon.
yeah sometimes it's just such a weird experience 'in the flesh' with neighbors or friends - it's good to come to a 'nice warm fire' - i hope the mum is ok now since it's an older thread - best wishes for her recovery!

And, it's really smart to have a comfy corner to just be emo or depressed or anything that's not 'logical' and 'sound' cus sometimes stuff makes no sense at all. I appreciate this thread cus i had a good and weird day due to this drunk neighbor i took to an AA meeting in honor of my dead hubby who woulda been 19 yrs sober this year. So i took this shnook with me who needed 'help' getting a pack of smokes and i thought ok he'll give me gas money and pay me back and instead he lies about have any money and buys himself food - after my kid and i have had him for 'tea' and shared our pizza too one night..and no reciprocating...he's fired.

i don't want 'friends' like that and i'll be very tactful but no thanks - he got a male sponsor too and that made me said dude's taking him to sunday meeting and taking him on a boat fishing and i'm taking him to his apt - i ask about the dogs he's watching as his daughter just had him living in her livingroom then goes into rehab this past 6 days comes out starts drinking vodka and she leaves - and he says i didn't walk the dogs today - i'm about to run him over with my car

i had a great feeling at the meeting despite the freakin' shlemeil but he is a real gonif ( douchmonger/con) and a low life so buhbye got no time see ya wouldn'twanna be ya lol and i did a 'good deed' just cus i wanted someone to read my gps for me LOL ..but the more time i spend with random 'neighbors' the more i just wanna love my dog.

~ Sir Winston Churchill
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-13, 11:53 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,018 Times in 583 Posts
Asylum has much to be proud ofAsylum has much to be proud ofAsylum has much to be proud ofAsylum has much to be proud ofAsylum has much to be proud ofAsylum has much to be proud ofAsylum has much to be proud ofAsylum has much to be proud ofAsylum has much to be proud ofAsylum has much to be proud of

Its cold, I feel lonely and depressed about the world in general.
Blanched Dubois (06-14-13)
Old 06-14-13, 12:28 PM

Thanked 26,921 Times in 12,563 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asylum View Post
Its cold, I feel lonely and depressed about the world in general.
I'll trade you some of our heat for your cold, throw in a hug, and we'll both
feel better I hope. (((Asylum)))

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Asylum (06-15-13), Sher_ock (06-14-13)
Old 06-17-13, 08:58 AM

Thanked 1,128 Times in 677 Posts
excel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to behold

The start of summer is right around the corner maybe tha will cheer people up
The Following User Says Thank You to excel For This Useful Post:
Blanched Dubois (06-17-13)
Old 06-17-13, 11:37 AM

Blanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant future

pull up a seat real close to the fire, or where you're comfy, and settle, get a twig and a marshmellow and take a listen to a story....called;

The Stolen Mother Moon

This is about a light, a certain kind of light that is represented by the moon, a psychic light, a cool light, it has some distance to it, not the hyper-tropic mother that is all over her children every time their nose is running they might have pneumonia, this is a mother that is a little more aloof, a little more circumspect, she does not so much love by showering love as she loves by guiding, by bringing consciousness out of the darkness.

There was this village, a wonderful village, and everything happened just the way it was supposed to happen, and all the children were terrific and all the mothers and fathers loved each other, except, as there always must be in the psyche and in fairy tales, there was this one thing that was very, very adverse…..this beautiful, harmonious village was surrounded by a moat of black, murky bogs. It was dark there always, and it stank because everything was rotting. It was for that reason, the darkness of those quagmires and quicksand, that the people depended on the light of the moon to guide them at night. Some nights, she did not come, and on those nights the bogs were filled with treachery, because there were evil things that lived there. Things that live in the darkest corners of humans’ minds would come out at night and lead the poor, struggling travelers with no light into the quagmires and drown them.

Well, it turned out that several people died in the course of a very short amount of time. When the Moon Mother learned of this, she was filled with sorrow, for she cared for humans. In fact she was so concerned she decided she would come to earth and see for herself. So when the dark of the month came, she stepped onto a slow shooting star and landed at the edge of the marshes. She wore a black cape pulled around her so that no light could escape, and for as far as she could see, the bogs were like black mirrors, with a few sparse willows sticking up here and there, and the smell of muck everywhere.

Around the bottom of her cape there was a bright rim of light; she saw that and she pulled her cape even tighter. It was so cold she was trembling, and she feared the evil ones, just as we all do, but she loved the human soul more, and so she began her investigation, guided by the little golden light that leaked through her cape over her beautiful white feet.

She felt her way through the grass with the dank ponds on the left and the quagmires on the right. And just as she had thought she got the lay of the land, all of the sudden, she felt a vine across her ankles, and too late to hold herself, she began to fall forward. She reached for a twining tree, the kind under the control of the evil ones, and sure as she grabbed its branches, it sent out tendrils around her wrists and her ankles, holding her as though with manacles. And the more she struggled, the tighter it held her. And there she was in the blackest dark, shivering and straining.

She heard a voice calling from far off, “help me, please help”. She listened and the cry came nearer and nearer, and she heard footfalls stumbling; at last by the dim light of the stars, she saw a haggard, despairing face with fearful eyes and she knew it was a poor soul who had lost its way, and was floundering on to his death.

And the traveler now caught sight of the glimmer of light from the captive moon, and made his way toward the light, thinking it meant help, but there was a quagmire right in front of the moon. She was filled with sorrow because she was luring him with her little tiny light, luring him to his death. Frantic to warn him, she struggled until her hood fell back, and her dazzling hair lit the black waters; a flood of yellow, precious light of the Moon Mother glinted and the whole was as bright as day. How relieved the traveler was to see the evil ones rush back into their underwater holes.

But the moon struggled against the branches which held her tighter, and she was so glad he was safe, but the traveler ran to the edge of the marsh so quickly, with such haste and relief that he forgot to wonder about the wondrous thing that had just occurred. And the Mother Moon sank, exhausted into the mud, and as she did, her head fell onto her breast and her hood fell back over her hair and all became darkness again.

And the vile things that love the dark came too, then. They came with a kind of whisper chatter… “we’ll get her now, we’ll get her now, now we’ll kill her, yes, we’ll kill her.” They gathered around the Moon Mother, snarling and kicking and grasping, and they drove her into the ground, they who hated humans. At last, no more light shown across those dark waters. The One who gave light and even more, the One who shown down on mothers nursing their babies, the One who made sleeping women kiss their lovers’ backs, the One who put words into the dreams of poets, that One was pushed deep into the mud. The evil ones didn’t care about mothers or babies; they didn’t care about lovers or poets. The Moon Mother let one last ray of light zig zag over the waters before she disappeared completely. The evil ones rolled a great boulder over her grave and danced a crazy dance on top of it.

On nights there was no light to guide, and so many people became lost, and so many children became orphaned, and so many people suffered, that the villagers decided they must go and find what had become of the moon. Armed with torches and clubs, they trekked through the night into the bog, sinking down into the wet and slimy grass all the way up to their knees, and cold and wet they continued on. The evil things were about and surrounded them, scratching and clawing at them, but the flames from their torches kept them safe.

And they came to a great boulder, and they said they did not think this boulder was in this place before. There was a little lip of light all the way around it that shown whiter than white. With great excitement they lifted and they hauled and they tugged until the boulder rolled away. And then staring down into what seemed like the most beautiful face they had ever seen, they saw eyes filled with the love of humanity.

The light rose up, lighting their faces first from beneath and then straight on and then finally from the top as the Moon Mother escaped from her prison and climbed the dark staircase back to the sky, where now, on most nights, she travels across the sky with her hood turned down and with her radiant light everywhere.

And on those few, now predictable nights, when she veils herself in grey and does not shine, travelers have learned to stay by the hearth and wait until she shows the way again.

~ Sir Winston Churchill
The Following User Says Thank You to Blanched Dubois For This Useful Post:
stef (06-17-13)
Old 06-17-13, 11:39 AM

or just listen to it - way better

~ Sir Winston Churchill
Old 06-17-13, 11:44 AM

Thanked 27,493 Times in 13,309 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

that was lovely,
thank you so much!
Old 06-17-13, 11:50 AM

i have more of her storytelling i'd be happy to share - i love her stories

so glad you enjoyed it - you're all wonderful! don't forget it

~ Sir Winston Churchill
Old 06-17-13, 11:54 AM

here's the fisherman's wife - i'll share my private stock later if anyone wants to hear them - these are public - i own no rights - Dr P shares because she's an amazing storyteller. I'm planning on attending a week forum on Story Telling in Boulder so i'm really passionate about the oral tradition...it's so much fun! LIVE

~ Sir Winston Churchill
Old 06-17-13, 11:54 AM

here's the fisherman's wife - i'll share my private stock later if anyone wants to hear them - these are public - i own no rights - Dr P shares because she's an amazing storyteller. I'm planning on attending a week forum on Story Telling in Boulder so i'm really passionate about the oral tradition...it's so much fun! LIVE

~ Sir Winston Churchill
Old 10-11-13, 02:54 PM

Thanked 1,128 Times in 677 Posts
excel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to behold

The holidays are comming soon and I am not looking forward to them
Old 10-11-13, 03:34 PM

Thanked 26,921 Times in 12,563 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Hey excel, I hear ya! For 14 years after my mom died, I kept going to the
family holiday dinners. I still had two sisters and a brother. Then one sister
died and my dad died, and my brother and I haven't been close since I left
home.

Last year I begged off. My sister-in-law didn't understand, her feelings
were hurt, and although I like her, it's not enough to make up for my
brother barely speaking to me while he jokes and visits with everyone else.
I won't be going this year either.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
Old 10-11-13, 05:13 PM

Thanked 11,485 Times in 6,080 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

Awe hugs lunacie, I understand that situation it really stinks