ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-15, 12:38 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 27,498 Times in 13,311 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Today I am grateful for... (Part II)

Friends!
The Following User Says Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (02-09-15)
Old 02-09-15, 09:13 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 16,070 Times in 7,977 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

My p-doc...again.

Actually...come to find out, she's not a doctor at all! I thought she was a psychiatrist...turns out she's actually just a nurse. She does have a master's degree though and served 11 years at a major psychiatric hospital (can't remember the name...St. something or other).
She said she's always had a high interest in medicine and put in a lot of effort to be able to work with people with meds, but she's got an extensive background in counseling and talk therapy.

Anyhow...went in today to see her. Walked in feeling gloomy and a bit sad. I've been having some depression again over the last week or 2 and have been having horrible sleep issues...walked out feeling a ton better and a new prescription she wants me to try for a few days for sleep (can't remember the name and haven't picked the script up quite yet).

I did tell her I took my ant-anxiety meds she prescribed me a couple weeks ago (ativan, 2mg) for sleep...how I took it, then went to lay down...and layed there with feeling really calm and relaxed...but with a racing mind for 3 hours before I fell asleep.
So clearly that's not going to do it for sleep.
She told me to keep hold of the rest of the ativan to help me with anxiety if I ever need it...but I told her I'm not sure I'm comfortable keeping the ativan...that I was willing to try it for sleep, but I don't really want to use it for my anxiety because from the research I've done, it can be highly addictive and your body grows a tolerance to it quickly. I've seen what prescription addictions can do (from my mom who got addicted to pain meds for chronic pain she has...as well as my sister who got all sorts of screwed up physically and legally from getting hooked on meds).
It's not that I'm too overly worried that I myself will abuse them...I think over this past year I've done a damn good job proving to myself that I'm not at all interested in abusing my medications...it's just I'm not all that comfortable having such a strong med like that around tempting me...and I'm not comfy at all with taking something like that on a semi regular basis for anxiety either. I just don't want to deal with an addiction. My anxiety really hasn't been more than I can handle ever since I started taking my adderall.
So I asked if I could take the rest of the 29 pills up to the pharmacy to dispose of for me.

She completely understood, and I think she really appreciated the honesty from me. lol if she's ever had any suspicions of me abusing my meds (she's shown absolutely NO signs of ever having any suspicions...I'm just saying lol) before, I think today went a long way in reducing those suspicions.

I don't even know why I'm saying this >.<'

I guess I'm just kinda proud? /pats self on back.
When I first started seeing her a year ago, I had fears in the back of my mind that I was at some point going to start abusing the meds she's given me.
I'm proud to say that...though I have experimented with my doses here at there with my adderall...I've never abused them. I've never chased the euphoria I got when I first found a dose that worked for me...in fact...I don't even have any sort of desire at all to screw around with them in anyway that would be considered 'abuse' in my mind.
And for that...I'm proud .
It turns out that I never did become the druggie I was afraid I'd become after all! lol

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Wrenchman (02-13-15)
Old 02-10-15, 09:34 AM

Thanked 22,381 Times in 12,052 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

I sure do like this place and the interesting way that we all are all over the globe.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (02-15-15), stef (02-10-15), Unmanagable (02-13-15)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-15, 09:32 AM

Thanked 27,498 Times in 13,311 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

I received a very generous, and completely unexpected, bonus at work!!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (02-13-15), psychopathetic (02-15-15), Unmanagable (02-13-15)
Old 02-13-15, 10:01 AM
Contributor

Wrenchman is just really niceWrenchman is just really niceWrenchman is just really niceWrenchman is just really nice

My Children. My two oldest daughters (twins 14) are leaving after school on a church youth trip to the mountains for the weekend. They are growing into two very beautiful ladies like their Mother. Although they will be back Sunday Afternoon there was enough luggage taken I thought they were leaving on a 6 month safari expedition. My son who is almost 13 he is growing into a tall young man. He is almost 5ft 5 . At his last DR visit the DR told my wife she expected him to be 6ft2 to 6ft5 by the time he stopped growing. And my youngest daughter she turned 8 in September. She is so silly she is smart as a whip and this morning she was asking me about how to pronunce library... It seems some of her classmates call it liberry and that really bothers her and gets on her nerves.... LOL

As I typed this out grateful for my children. It hit me... Its not the Children I am truly grateful for it is the fact that I have 4 healthy Children who I get to share life experiences with
Official Disclaimer: Due to the nature of life experiences ..... This reply is solely based on the experiences experienced by the poster above. The life experiences he has experienced has led him to this deduction. This post is not supposed to reflect the views and opinions of everyone here at addforums.com. you may now return to your regularly scheduled program.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wrenchman For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (02-13-15), psychopathetic (02-15-15), stef (02-13-15), Unmanagable (02-13-15)
Old 02-15-15, 09:10 AM

Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Stuff.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (02-15-15)
Old 02-15-15, 09:22 AM

psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef View Post
I received a very generous, and completely unexpected, bonus at work!!!!
Whoa! I missed this!! That's awesome!

And today I'm grateful for diet pepsi lol.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
stef (02-17-15)
Old 02-17-15, 08:07 AM

So over the past few months...my beloved macbook pro has been running on the sluggish side.
It's been very frustrating. I went into a bunch of debt and it took me well over 2 years to pay off...when you spend that kind of money on a computer, you kinda expect a certain level of performance out of it.
And I don't even do anything super crazy with my computer very often. Nothing super processor consuming like gaming or anything.

So I've done a bunch to try to get it running better. Made all the updates, have uninstalled a ton of software I no longer use, have run scans...ran this software that's made specifically to clean up my hard drive and to make it run smoother.
And still it ran sluggish. So frustrating .

There's a way to reset the processor on my macbook...and I don't know exactly what it does...but I tried it...and it was freaking amazing. My computer jumped back to life after resetting it...SUPER freaking fast! No load times, no sluggishness at all...just amazing!
But...it only lasted a very short time, and then it went back to the same sluggishness.
GRRRRR!

I was bored the other night, so I decided I'd take my macbook's bottom plate off to clean the insides of it.

omg...it was SO dirty! I mean...seriously?
Dust bunnies all over the place.
So I spent a good 20 minutes taking out the hard drive, ram and dvd drive (didn't have the right screw driver to remove much of anything else) blowing all the bunnies out and giving everything a good wipe down.
I couldn't believe how many screws there were! lol...at least I was able to somehow figure out where they all went back and didn't lose any! :P

I then took my keyboard apart (prying the keys off) and did a thorough cleaning of all my keys and underneath them.

....and?

My macbook is running as good as new again!
I haven't had a single bout of sluggishness since!
I'm guessing maybe the processor was overheating or something cause some dust bunnies were preventing the 2 cooling fans from operating fully (just a guess)...which was the cause of my woes.
I'm thrilled though!
When this computer is running like it should...it's like a freaking rocket.
I'm starting to remember what it's like to love my computer again .

MacBook? Will you be my valentine?
XoXoXo

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (02-17-15), stef (02-17-15), Unmanagable (02-17-15)
Old 02-17-15, 08:38 AM

I just knew you were a duster. Come hither young dust eliminator!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (02-17-15), stef (02-17-15), Unmanagable (02-17-15)
Old 02-17-15, 09:29 AM

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (02-20-15)
Old 02-17-15, 10:15 AM
Banned

Wowwowwow is a name known to allWowwowwow is a name known to allWowwowwow is a name known to allWowwowwow is a name known to allWowwowwow is a name known to allWowwowwow is a name known to all

The orgasm thread doesn't make 3 pages lol
Old 02-17-15, 10:59 AM
Moderator of all seasons

Thanked 16,267 Times in 8,229 Posts
anonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond repute

My job.

~Paulo Coelho
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anonymouslyadd For This Useful Post:
Baal Moom (02-17-15), psychopathetic (02-18-15)
Old 02-19-15, 11:38 PM

Thanked 4,280 Times in 2,423 Posts
eclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond repute

That "isolated" talent doesn't necessarily mean broader gifts, but it might mean being impaired on a larger scale.
Old 02-20-15, 07:57 AM

The wrought iron Mother's Day goose.

Old 02-20-15, 09:49 AM

Thanked 2,410 Times in 1,334 Posts
TheChemicals has disabled reputation

my blanket.