ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 12-10-09, 03:49 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,635 Times in 884 Posts
FrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud of
Question Adderall and Cold Weather

Does anyone notice that you feel different or "funny" in any way on the Adderall when the weather changes cold?
Old 12-10-09, 09:26 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

CptNemo is just really niceCptNemo is just really niceCptNemo is just really niceCptNemo is just really nice
Re: Adderall and Cold Weather

What do you mean?

I notice my toes are little ice cubes when my foot feels just a little cool.
I'm told it is not uncommon for outer extremeties.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasoconstriction
Old 12-10-09, 09:46 PM

Thanked 1,635 Times in 884 Posts
FrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud of

Thanks Capt....Well, I got a little more info out of my son. He said his heart beats faster when he's cold and shivering (moreso while on the adderall than normal) then when gets into a warmer place, like from the cold outside to into the warmer classroom, he notices he sweats more than usual. It was uncomfortable enough for him to not want to be taking the addy this week, as it's very cold for us in Phoenix - we are so spoilt! I was bummed...

Anyone else notice this? I told him it probably had to do with the vasoconstriction idea. Off to wikiread.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-09, 06:58 PM

Mindfeed is on a distinguished road

I feel my Adderall benefits diminish when I'm out in the cold, say more than fifteen minutes plus. I guess my blood vessels are constricting when I shiver and that causes less blood to circulate throughout the body hence less addy action? Who knows. After noticing this change, I quickly go back inside the house and turn on the heater. It makes the chemicals in my body move again for the good.
Old 12-12-09, 12:14 AM
Forum Guru

Maurice is a splendid one to beholdMaurice is a splendid one to beholdMaurice is a splendid one to beholdMaurice is a splendid one to beholdMaurice is a splendid one to beholdMaurice is a splendid one to beholdMaurice is a splendid one to behold

My hands get very cold during the winter season. And when I get out of the shower I usually sweat a bit and I know that is from the Adderall.
Old 12-12-09, 12:22 AM

Brookeslost will become famous soon enough

Im freezing here in MI, my hands are super cold to where I will go to pick up the baby(10wks) and she cries or whimpers lol, Ill use the other 2 (11 and 3) to warm them up and they think its funny! Other than that, im not standing at the bus or out in the weather too much cause I'm a wimp lol

Old 12-12-09, 01:04 AM
Jr Member

CleverGuy is on a distinguished road

Since starting on Adderall (2 weeks ago), I have notice that my fingers and toes feel cold. I would even say they feel like ice cubes. And lately, I have really noticed the changes in air temp over my exposed skin, since the recent cold snap here in Chicago.

What makes this more noticeable for me, is that until I started on Adderall, I have had little trouble with heat regulation. I would always feel 'comfortable' in ambient temps as low as 60(f). Now, if the mercury hits 70, I am running for the thermostat.
Old 12-12-09, 01:54 AM

Thanked 2,097 Times in 1,196 Posts
StoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant future

Lol, I have ice cold extremities and shiver like crazy when it's below 74 degrees fahrenheit even when not on adderall..so I guess I'm worst off than all you people.

Dx: Adhd Combined type, Asperger's Syndrome, Mathematics Disability (10/4/10)..Panic Disorder, Atypical Depression, Agoraphobia, paranoia.
Rx: Dexedrine IR 2.5-5 mg PRN (starting on 1/21/12).
Past meds: Namenda, Focalin IR, Ritalin IR, Adderall IR, D-Amp IR, Nicotine/Swedish Snus.
Boycott Teva/Barr, CorePharma, Mallinckrodt (Methylin)

REST IN PEACE
Old 12-12-09, 11:15 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

PedroDaGr8 is a glorious beacon of lightPedroDaGr8 is a glorious beacon of lightPedroDaGr8 is a glorious beacon of lightPedroDaGr8 is a glorious beacon of lightPedroDaGr8 is a glorious beacon of light

The sweating isn't uncommon either. Though for me it was more of a side-effect of the Barr generic adderall. When I switched to the Sandoz, that side-effect disappeared.
Old 12-12-09, 12:18 PM

sauer_kraut is on a distinguished road

I have accustomed myself to the dropping temps over the past months here because I am just too damn stubborn to give up sitting outside. I love to just sit outside and have my lappy and relax. I smoke so that is one big reason I am out there. Summer spoiled the crap out of me and I realised last night I was sitting in 32F temps with gloves on and stuff. My hands are the worst of the cold areas. Feet can be cold but mostly it is my hands.