ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > General Medication Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

General Medication Discussion This section is to be used for general medication discussion and other medications not broken out in their own respective forums.

Old 09-30-11, 02:12 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

anonuser999 is a splendid one to beholdanonuser999 is a splendid one to beholdanonuser999 is a splendid one to beholdanonuser999 is a splendid one to beholdanonuser999 is a splendid one to beholdanonuser999 is a splendid one to beholdanonuser999 is a splendid one to behold
Yohimbe for Adderall Tollerance, Sexual Side Effects

So I typically don't like to put too much stock or trust in non-FDA'd substances, especially in combination with psyche meds. There isn't enough hard data and the concentrations / potency varies so much from product to product, you usually have no idea what you're actually putting in your body and how it's working with your other stuff. I tried this combination over the last few days and thought I'd share.

Yohimbe is OTC (banned in Canada I believe) and is typically used in weight loss stacks and for erectile issues. I took it sans Adderall a few years back for the sole purpose of keeping up with a girlfriend who, now that I think about it, was probably on meth and wanted to have sex 24 hours a day. I've been burnt out from work and meds and feeling low energy sexually so I thought I'd give Yohimbe a try. I currently am on 150mg Wellbutrin, 40mg Adderall and Klonopin 0.5 as needed (usually at night).

To say that this will probably reverse negative sexual medication side effects is the understatement of the century. Adderall and Wellbutrin actually makes my sex drive much stronger, so this was a little overkill - Great if you're engaging in a weekend bedroom marathon, frustrating if you aren't. If you're one of the unlucky people who get erectile dysfunction from Adderall, this is probably going to fix it. And then some. Like, if you needed to break a door down and didn't want to use your arms or legs, etc.

One other thing I noticed was that it seemed like an extremely strong amphetamine potentiator. On a full tablet, I felt overwhelmed with stimulation in a way I haven't felt on anything legal - Anxious and panicky as well. Not good. On a half tablet, it wasn't so bad, and I felt a lot of the early effects and intensity levels I had when starting Adderall. Now, I haven't had a lot of tolerance issues since adding Wellbutrin, so what I experienced was more euphoric and probably too much stimulation, but it got me thinking about what it could do for people that were fighting the tolerance war.

I will not be taking Yohimbe on the regular as it was too speedy for me, but it could be worth trying if you are struggling with your tolerance or sexual side effects. It might also be worth trying for people going off of Adderall or looking for non-amphetamine ADHD remedies - I felt like it had a very positive effect on my ability to focus and organize my thoughts, but I don't remember if I had the same benefit when I wasn't on Adderall. It obviously isn't regulated and has the usual laundry list of warnings that combining any supp with a psych med (or two stimulants, for that matter) usually does, and I'm pretty sure that you could mess yourself up if you overdid it. Keep your doc in the loop if you decide you want to try this, there isn't a lot of data out there on the combination.

Tweakers - Do not read this and go eat an entire jar of the stuff with half of your Adderall script. This isn't a suggestion for anyone who is looking to party or who is still getting good results from their stimulant meds, it'll probably just make you feel overclocked and sick.