ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 01-11-09, 09:44 PM

dkaiser will become famous soon enough
Adderall IR generics... two types?

So usually when I go to the pharmacy, the generic they give me is these orange oval pills with a 20 on it. One time, I ordered via an online pharmacy (saves hundreds of dollars and is very convenient by the way!) and the generic was different, a pink circle that said "cor 135" on it. I don't know the difference, but the pink ones work A LOT better than the orange ones, which tend to make me feel more "cracked out". When I went to the normal pharmacy in person the said they don't have the pink ones. Anyone know what I'm talking about, what the difference is, and how I can get those instead of wasting my time on the orange ones?
Old 01-12-09, 05:37 AM
ADDvanced Member

DarkCode is on a distinguished road
Re: Adderall IR generics... two types?

You've found what I like to call the greatest form of Adderall. Others though, will disagree with me.

The pink 20mg tablets, with COR 135 on them, are the CorePharma brand of Adderall generic. It works so much smoother, etc, than the Barr generics, and it probably is my favorite of all. And I must say, I agree with every word you said. I don't have the "cracked out" feeling as everyone likes to accurately describe it as with the Barr's when I'm taking the CorePharma brand. There are topics on this forum that you can find (search for them) that debate the CorePharma vs Barr generics. You'll often find all the statements based on anecdotal evidence, so its all to be taken with a grain of salt - and if its something good, then well, I'd tell you your taking too much salt (from the movie "The Express" - just watched it the other day, sorry, had to throw that in there). Anyways, moving away from that tangent I almost started, apologies, you should trust your own experience over others when considering the right brand of generic, or the Barr brand name Adderall if you so choose.

You can find the CorePharma brand at Walgreens for sure (make sure to ask the person taking your prescription just to be clear that they aren't carrying the Barr generics). CVS tends to carry the Barr generics, but also brand name. I get my CorePharma's (the 10mg and 20mg dosages I've tried and both are the same, so no difference in quality between dosage formulations) at Walgreens and make sure each time I refill that its that CorePharma brand so that I don't waste my prescription on the Barr's which I absolutely despise now.

Hope that answers your question. By the way, you could have found out what kind it was by searching through google for a pill identifier site, or simply by looking on your packaging. It should say on the bottle both the description of the pills inside, and what brand it is. This is somewhat so you don't confuse them, and also because if your ever stopped by police and they check whats inside, the outside of the bottle details what the pills should look like. I remember one time when I was involved with the police they thought the Barr generics were Ativan or some kind of allergy medicine they had said at one time - thats what they called them when asking me about them, what morons. But that's another story.

If you got any questions, feel free to ask.
The Following User Says Thank You to DarkCode For This Useful Post:
wonderboy (09-10-14)
Old 01-12-09, 05:46 PM
ADDvanced Member

KatInOuterSpace is on a distinguished road

This is what I've found to be true for me:

The pink ones are my "social" Adderall...if I'm going to be in an anxious social situation (ie Holidays with in-laws!) then I take the pink ones. They calm me down and take the anxiety away. Make it so that I only need 2 glasses of wine instead of 5.

The orange ones are my "work" Adderall...if I need to focus and be productive at work, this is what gets me in gear. If I take the pink ones in this situation, I hyperfocus on different websites and have no desire to do anything whatesoever. I am more talkative though.

What’s right is what’s left if you do everything else wrong. - Robin Williams

I don't know, I don't care, and it doesn't make any difference!
- Albert Einstein
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-09, 05:04 PM
ADDvanced Member

GL3NE will become famous soon enough

I have the Barr generic (blue, elliptical shaped), and it is pretty comparable to the XR that I took a few months ago. However, I do have the "cracked out" feeling and it certainly spikes my mood.

As far as production goes, I tend to type a lot faster and go crazy on Facebook. I am also much better at playing the piano (less tense, more controlled).

It's almost like being drunk with a debilatating emotional hangover, and the crash is terrible (without a built tolerance). I become extremely tired and cannot resist taking a power-nap.

I hope that with some tolerance build and trying out different generic brands, I will be able to find a suitable variety that doesn't make me "tweak out" when it begins to wear off. My anxiety gets terrible later in the day when I take Barr's IR.

Keep in mind that I am very sensitive to amphetamines; Adderall XR 30mg produced euphoria, and a massive panic attack and suicidal depression at night, and 20mg did similar. So right now, I am at 5mg IR whenever I feel like taking it. I took two today, and I feel a little buzzed.

- Glen

Previous Rx:
- Prozac, 20mg: failed to take on a regular basis.
- Strattera, 40mg/80mg: quit after six days due to intolerable side effects.
- Adderall XR, 20mg: quit after four days; aggravated anxiety and depression
Old 01-22-09, 05:56 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

gnbeg has a spectacular aura aboutgnbeg has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatInOuterSpace View Post
This is what I've found to be true for me:

The pink ones are my "social" Adderall...if I'm going to be in an anxious social situation (ie Holidays with in-laws!) then I take the pink ones. They calm me down and take the anxiety away. Make it so that I only need 2 glasses of wine instead of 5.

The orange ones are my "work" Adderall...if I need to focus and be productive at work, this is what gets me in gear. If I take the pink ones in this situation, I hyperfocus on different websites and have no desire to do anything whatesoever. I am more talkative though.
Hmm I'm taking Adderall XR, 20mg. Not even a full week into my regimen so it could be too early to tell, but... the first description, "social" Adderall, is the effect I'm feeling. I feel better and have more energy - been getting more small stuff done. I'm more social which is helping with the stuff that requires socialization. But the ability to focus is not there.
Old 04-14-09, 10:19 PM
Jr Member

traveller is on a distinguished road

After reading about so many people getting different results from their generic Adderall depending on the manufacturer, I thought I'd try it out myself and got my new prescription at CVS to get the Barr pills (30mg IR/orange oval, before I had Corepharma, round pink).

I took the Barr ones for the first time today and I do have to say that they definitely feel different than my other pills. I took my second dose a few hours ago (I take half a pill in the morning and half in the afternoon). When I took the first half, I barely noticed anything, now, after having taken the second half, I can definitely feel that they're working, but I do feel different than on the Corepharma ones.

First of all, the onset of the Barr pills was barely noticeable, it's very smooth. With the Corepharma pills, I can definitely notice more when it's kicking in, I get a little burst of energy and motivation, along with a slight euphoric tingling. Often I'll get kinda excited about the work I have to do and can't wait to get stuff done.

The Barr pills, however, just make me extremely calm. I actually feel like they make me do everything slower. I even seem to type slower on them, and that's after having a whole can of Monster energy drink!
Also, I feel like I'm getting very pedantic -- I spend a lot of time thinking about every single sentence I'm writing and making sure it's absolutely perfect. Like I'll actually erase an almost-done sentence and start over if I'm not satisfied with how it sounds, or I think of a better way to write it. I'm also noticing less muscle tension on these pills (although that could just be from the Magnesium that I started taking yesterday).

Regarding the comedown, I never really felt that on the CorePharma pills, but this afternoon, before taking the second dose, I thought I'd actually noticed somewhat of a "crash", if you can call it that. Not that is was particularly awful, but it was a bit like someone switched off the lights in my head and now I had trouble finding my thoughts.

Just thought I'd add my $0.02 to this seemingly endless topic
Old 08-01-14, 09:56 AM

whooooaaa is on a distinguished road

What about mixing 10 MG of the pink and 15 of the orange? Or is mixing the two a bad idea?
Old 08-03-14, 12:56 AM
Contributor

wonderboy has a spectacular aura aboutwonderboy has a spectacular aura about

I personally am not to sure about the --general-- overall quality
(quality control) of Corepharma....

Take a second and read this official FDA Warning Letter issued
to Corepharma: You really should read it:

http://www.fda.gov/ICECI/Enforcement.../ucm221615.htm

You may have to copy and paste the above, or click on it, if it allows.....
Old 02-11-18, 03:02 PM

first time post is on a distinguished road

i feel like the sun pharm 20mg IRs (the yellow ones) have way more filler in them. like a **** ton more. anyone else agree? more residue than im used to seeing left behind
Old 02-11-18, 07:18 PM
Contributor

Swissy is a glorious beacon of lightSwissy is a glorious beacon of lightSwissy is a glorious beacon of lightSwissy is a glorious beacon of lightSwissy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by first time post View Post
i feel like the sun pharm 20mg IRs (the yellow ones) have way more filler in them. like a **** ton more. anyone else agree? more residue than im used to seeing left behind
How can you tell? I have had Sun brand the last couple months; there has been yellow “dust” left in the bottle, but the Sandoz left blue dust and Mylan left dust as well.