ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 07-29-18, 08:41 PM
Committee Member

euboea67 is on a distinguished road
How does Adderall affect your personality?

Might be going on adderall in the next month or two. Curious about it affects your personality, in particular:
1. Your sense of humor. I'm a pretty goofy guy.
2. Hyperactivity - I'm really sick of word vomiting. I think it's bad socially.
3. Ability to connect with others.
The Following User Says Thank You to euboea67 For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (07-30-18)
Old 07-30-18, 03:40 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,233 Times in 14,915 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How does Adderall affect your personality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by euboea67 View Post
There shouldnt be a huge difference in the negative sense. If that happens it could be the wrong formulation or dose.
Quote:
I hate that as well. If its the right med and dose I notice that it gives me my pause button back.
Quote:
Some people have complained that it makes them a zombie or it makes them feel withdrawn but this also usually is a dose/med related issue.Meaning, the wrong med or dose can give you unwanted side effects. But once you find that sweet spot none of this should be an issue.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
euboea67 (07-30-18), psychopathetic (07-30-18)
Old 07-30-18, 12:22 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,006 Times in 7,476 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Some people have complained that it makes them a zombie or it makes them feel withdrawn
I'm actually the opposite while my adderall is kicking in. It seems to help a lot with my social anxieties. I feel more mellow inside so doing small talk and such (something I'm typically very bad at) isn't so tense and difficult.
It's not till the adderall starts wearing off in the evenings where I become withdrawn. Then I just want to sit there in silence and get lost in my own thoughts. I can get real annoyed when I'm around someone super chatty during those times!

---edit---
Also to answer 1 and 2...

1.) it doesn't seem to affect my humor at all. I too am a goofy guy and enjoy that part of me. I'm still just as goofy and fun (depending on my mood of course) on adderall as when I'm not.

2.) I still get this even with adderall . I can't help it! I get so excited or whatever about saying what I'm trying to say...and at the same time my mind is always racing like crazy to come up with the right words...and yeah, with or without adderall I trip up on my words and it's always very frustrating.

---edit again lol sorry---
I just realized I think I'm thinking of 2 different things on question 2...the word vomiting. Do you mean blurting out things before thinking about them? Or do you mean getting tangled up on your words as you talk so it all stops making any sort of sense? I go through the latter quite a lot when talking about things I love...or things really interesting to me (because my mind races too fast!).
I do blurt things out too...sometimes I'm too honest and blunt. I'll say something to someone, and they'll look hurt or something by it when I wasn't meaning in anyway to be rude or to upset them >.<' I was just trying to be honest. So then I have to try and explain myself to them and what I said. I always thought this might be a bit of (very) high functioning autism I think I have (no diagnosis).

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Last edited by psychopathetic; 07-30-18 at 12:33 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
euboea67 (07-30-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-18, 01:54 AM

fathom6 is on a distinguished road

1. Its sad but I'm not very word-smart. However on Adderall (and particularly on Vyvanse) it improves my personality, improves by verbal skills, and contributes to sense of humor. It helps in my stuttering too. That said, I do feel cranky on Adderall, and that crankiness/noise/headache becomes unbearable if I increase the dosage.

2. On Adderall I become a little impatient. I dont think you will word-vomit, but you might not have patience to listen to others.

3. Ability to connect with others can go either way. You'll feel bit smarter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by euboea67 View Post
Might be going on adderall in the next month or two. Curious about it affects your personality, in particular:
Old 08-10-18, 08:43 PM
ADDvanced Member

BrandyDW is a jewel in the roughBrandyDW is a jewel in the roughBrandyDW is a jewel in the rough

My brother got aggressive on Adderall and had to switch meds. I know others who have become more serious on it.
Old 10-13-18, 10:08 PM

ShipwreckSiren is on a distinguished road

When I first started it I would get super elated and happy. Had a bounce in my step. Wasn't an ******* anymore. Things would roll off my back. Now I don't get that as much. I'm not as chipper. I would say I get pretty mellow and chill when it sets in. I do feel more impatient now while on it