ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 07-23-18, 10:45 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 14,652 Times in 7,055 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute
Mornings are so much better. Better than ever before.

I have always been a very slow starter in the morning. I usually wake up much more tired, foggy and out of it than when I went to bed. When I get more than 6 hrs. of sleep it’s even worse. 8-10 hrs. has me dragging all day trying to wake up. I tend to “wake up” in the late evening. That’s when I feel best and why I don’t want to go to bed. That’s why I’ve never been a morning person.

Anyway, enough about my sleeping problems. The great news is I’ve found a way to wake up feeling better, more alert and refreshed than ever before.

For the past two weeks I’ve been experimenting with my morning dose of Adderall IR 20 mg. I’ve been setting my alarm in the morning anywhere from 30 mins. to 2 hours early before I have to get up and taking my medication. I have my dose and some water all ready, I take it quickly and go right back to sleep. I have another alarm set for time to wake up.

Wow, what a difference! I feel well rested, not tired and remembering dreams I was just having. That is such a difference and change from what I’m used to. I actually talk to my wife now in the morning before going to work. Usually, I can’t think straight enough for that. I’m on zombie autopilot struggling just to get ready. I can now get ready and out the door much more quickly and efficiently as well.

I’ve found 30 mins to an hour before getting up to be the sweet spot for me. I’m so happy, I’ve found a way for my brain to finally wake up when I have to!

The difference has been surprisingly amazing for me.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
anonymouslyadd (07-25-18), Antilope (08-11-18), CharlesH (07-24-18), Little Missy (08-11-18)
Old 07-23-18, 11:00 PM

Srjs28 is on a distinguished road
Re: Mornings are so much better. Better than ever before.

Wow. Good for you. I thought about doing this too, taking my 20 mg of Adderall XR because it was lasting too long. I thought if I took it around 4am and wake up at 5:30 - 6 am then I would be able to sleep the next night. I was just switched to Adderall 20 mg IR because of that reason. And I find zero results from taking the IR.
So do you awake before your alarm goes off for the second time? I’m afraid I would be tossing and turning trying to fall back asleep after I took my dose
The Following User Says Thank You to Srjs28 For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (07-23-18)
Old 07-23-18, 11:09 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srjs28 View Post
Wow. Good for you. I thought about doing this too, taking my 20 mg of Adderall XR because it was lasting too long. I thought if I took it around 4am and wake up at 5:30 - 6 am then I would be able to sleep the next night. I was just switched to Adderall 20 mg IR because of that reason. And I find zero results from taking the IR.
So do you awake before your alarm goes off for the second time? I’m afraid I would be tossing and turning trying to fall back asleep after I took my dose
Thanks and welcome to the forum

I usually fall back asleep quickly and soundly until the second alarm.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
anonymouslyadd (07-25-18), Little Missy (08-11-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-18, 08:08 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

It seems like I sleep even more soundly after taking my dose. After the second alarm goes off I wake up alert and can vividly remember dreams I was just having.

That seems to be the only time, I remember any dreams. That 30 min. to an hour nap after dosing feels sooooo much longer. When the second alarm goes off I feel like, I must be late because it feels like I slept so much longer than I should have. Like hours.

It’s weird how it truly feels like time slows down after dosing and falling back to sleep. What happened 45 minutes earlier (taking my dose) seems like it was several hours earlier.

I must say this has been the most noticeably beneficial effect, I’ve ever had from Adderall or any of the others. I wake up now a totally different person mentally. It jump starts my brain instead of having to wait and drag *** for hours trying to wake up and feel and think somewhat normal.

Now, I wake up and feel like myself for the first time in many many years. My day starts off so much better especially handling difficult aspects or tasks at work first thing in the morning.

This obviously won’t work for everyone but I wanted to share what a difference it has made for me. I wish, I had known about or figured this out years ago when I started Adderall.

I discussed it with my Dr. and she was cool with it. She said do what works best so, I don’t believe there’s an elevated risk dosing this way. To be safe, please discuss it with your Dr. before trying. May be worth a shot if your mornings have always sucked like mine.

Last edited by Greyhound1; 07-24-18 at 10:51 PM.. Reason: Typo spelling OCD
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (08-11-18), Lunacie (07-24-18)
Old 07-24-18, 09:12 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 21,211 Times in 11,359 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

That is why I love The Adderall Nap so much. I awaken ready and willing every time.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (07-24-18)
Old 07-24-18, 11:06 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
That is why I love The Adderall Nap so much. I awaken ready and willing every time.
It’s really amazing. I never thought about getting up even earlier to take my Adderall.

I discovered it by accident about a month ago. I woke up about an hour early before work to urinate and for some reason decided to take my meds in hopes of staying up and getting my day started earlier. That didn’t work. 5 mins. later I was back in bed. Woke up feeling really good and in shock.
The Following User Says Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (07-25-18)
Old 07-25-18, 10:25 PM
Moderator of all seasons

Thanked 16,253 Times in 8,220 Posts
anonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhound1 View Post
Thanks and welcome to the forum

I usually fall back asleep quickly and soundly until the second alarm.
I think Adderall keeps me awake. If you take it just before you fall asleep, does it affect your ability to fall asleep? It does for me.

I wonder if it would be different if I took it like you, in the middle of the night.

~Paulo Coelho
Old 07-25-18, 11:02 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouslyadd View Post
I think Adderall keeps me awake. If you take it just before you fall asleep, does it affect your ability to fall asleep? It does for me.

I wonder if it would be different if I took it like you, in the middle of the night.
I wouldn’t take it before going to bed. I have a hard enough time going to and staying asleep at night. I have back and joint issues and have to constantly reposition myself from pain throughout the night.

I usually sleep the soundest just an hour or two usually, just before I have to get up. I feel like, I’m probably waking up in the middle of REM sleep and it makes waking up and feeling “with it” such a long and difficult process.

I think taking it before a nap like Missy mentioned would work well. I have no problem taking a nap during the day because I’m still trying to “wake up.” At night my brain wakes up and I have a hard time wanting to go to bed. I like to stay up late and enjoy the time my mind feels best.
The Following User Says Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (08-11-18)
Old 08-10-18, 10:38 PM

BrandyDW is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the idea, I was already thinking of doing this so I don’t have insomnia issues but was afraid I wouldn’t be able to fall back to sleep, I’m at least going to try it and see how it works for me. ��

On Adderall for ADHD, lyrica for Fibromyalgia, lexapro for depression and anxiety, cosentyx for psoriasis, cyclosporine for IC,