ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Anxiety Disorders, OCD & PTSD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Anxiety Disorders, OCD & PTSD A forum to discuss Anxiety, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Panic Disorder, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Simple Phobias, and Social Anxiety Disorder

Old 12-20-18, 03:47 PM

drlizard is on a distinguished road
Guy in another forum's advice for dealing with OCD

Has this worked for you? He says O3, B vitamins, and 5-HTP completely cured him.

Quote:

My working OTC solution for Pure-OCD (+ other variations)!

Firstly I'll begin with a little on myself. I've had OCD my entire life, I can think back to times when I was younger and I did strange things with no real explanation, such as not wanting to walk through shadows or having the urge to turn on all my lights, etc. (typical ocd types of compulsions). Even still, I never really noticed these as problems, rather thinking that it was just how I was and it was no big deal. This was how it was all my life, through adolescents and on up until about three years ago. It wasn't until one day where I was alone for the day in my home and had been extremely stressed from personal issues which had caused my OCD to be stronger/more noticeable than it had ever been. The way it happened was I was just sitting, doing work without anything on (TV/computer) when I got a strange wave of a paranoia feeling accompanied with the feeling of being trapped in my room. As it happened I made the mistake of trying to convince myself to ignore the feelings, like when your around something scary and you try to down play whatever is frightening you in within your head. This was a bad choice, as the more I fought, the prominent it became and it led to me having mini-panic attack. This is when my condition worsened to becoming the Pure-O form. To shorten a very long story and get to the key points, in the beginning I had the visual intrusive thoughts. Almost like day dreams that would pop in my head and of course it being things I didn't agree with or ever want to think about (side-note: if you don't already know, you shouldn't fear this, the reason you get weird visuals is because it literally the exact thing that you don't want to think about which causes your brain to think/fixate on it. If you're reading this and you have pure-o and your aren't educated on it, go read up on it. The more you understand, the less scary and painful it becomes - along with it becoming tolerable and workable enough to be normal. Again, don't be scared to learn, it is a must if your dealing with this. Pure-O is understandable, it actually makes sense when broken down). Anyway, during the span of time I was doing my own research, found out the name of my condition was Pure-O, found out about CBTs and things like ERP and so on. I then had actually confessed to my mother that I was having problems (as Pure-O is genetic and I wondered if anyone that I knew of in our family had it also) and I found out that my grandfather, who is still alive, too has had OCD. I got in contact with him and he recommended that I try some supplements known as fish oil pills as it can help lessen the effects of the OCD. Now during the time I was being treated in CBT, I decided to give a try to the fish oil, in which I did research on and found that it has been used by street drug addicts to regain mental stability after occurring damage from certain drugs with actual success ( this just being something I found interesting). I bought a bottle, don't know if I should say the brand of the ones I use, but the dosage was 1200 mg & 360 mg (for height/mass reference I'm about 5'7 ft at around 130 pounds) and l took two of them a day and it literally has been the best thing I've ever done for myself in my life. I kid you not, within two weeks of taking them, my Pure-O lessened from having visual intrusive thoughts to having just pure intrusive thoughts (like a running mind, just having question thoughts pop into my all the time) . I even could immediately notice a mental difference when taking them, a boost in mood and tolerance overall which is just awesome to feel when dealing with this. I began religiously taking them and after about a month I started noticing that the intrusive thoughts OVERALL had started decreasing. Less and less the thoughts started dropping, it got to the point where I began to almost completely be rid of now just the intrusive questions popping up. Please, if you are a suffer, give this OTC solution a go. I swear to you this will help immensely, especially if you are not being prescribed medicine for your OCD (which I was never given anything, only took CBT, though a side-note I've heard good things about Lexapro though I've never gotten it). I should also mention around this same time I began taking adult gummy vitamins which was also giving me a decent helping of Vitamin B-12, which I found later through research nearly all OCD sufferers are deficient in as well and I'm sure also attributed to soothing my symptoms. To finish this off, I currently am living practically OCD-free when using my fish oil + vitamin B supplement combo. I genuinely cannot stress people enough to try this. Please, please, please, if you're struggling and are in a dark-place like I was - go to your local CVS, Walmart, target or whatever and spend like $30-40 and give this a go. This may save you as it did for me. I'm currently now also taking some 5-HTP supplements as well ( I found at my local CVS for $13 bucks) which when all combined allows me to think COMPLETELY normally. This means no more visuals popping up EVER for me and very rarely do I ever intrusive questions pop up either. I'm not constantly stuck in my head and no weird dreams anymore. Most of all I have no more need for constant ERP-journals and cognitive behavioral therapy. I'm not saying this will work for everyone but this was just a miracle I landed on about a year or two ago and after using it for so long and finding it still treats my ailments without failure, it was time I finally needed to share it with the community. Put your trust in this, regardless the usage fish oil + vitamins + 5-HTP would help with mental stability regardless of a present illness. I should say though it will not be instantaneous, but did I noticed an increase in tolerance of OCD on a daily basis. Still the mass improvement happened towards the end of the first month (this was around the time I noticed the visual aspect of pure-O begin to start decreasing). Feel free to PM any questions if you need clarification. I will try to make an account on all the major OCD forums to report my findings and I pray every suffer gets to see this.
~P.S I also hope any mods reading this don't take this down. I am not attempting to give complete medical advice, I'm just advising sufferers to some all natural health supplements one could find over the counter in almost any convenience store. These also all being safe for practically anyone to use or obtain.

Last edited by Greyhound1; 12-21-18 at 12:46 AM.. Reason: Replaced prohibited link to another forum with a quote of the post.
Old 01-02-19, 10:44 AM

Alphawave is on a distinguished road
Re: Guy in another forum's advice for dealing with OCD

5-HTP sent me manic for several years.

It's the precursor to serotonin and you have to take this as pure serotonin is destroyed in the gut. Taking it this way means it can pass the blood brain barrier, I believe. The reason drug companies don't sell it as such is because it's a naturally occurring substance so there's no patent to be had. It is really powerful imo so use with caution.
Old 01-02-19, 10:52 AM
Committee Member

Emre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to all

SSRIs
Sertraline would be good choice for OCD due to my own experiences

I have never used anafranil but it is said that it is gold standart for OCD

5HTP is just a supplement, all these supplement firms are promoting supplements as magic wands

No supplement can be superior to medicines , dont fall into snake oil trap

B vitamin is in everything u eat, bread, meat, milk and milk products,egg,chicken etc.

U are already taking B vitamins by eating something

Taking excessive amount of vitamin B will only tire your kidney
ADEK vitamins can be kept in body(liver)

But excessive amounts of B,C will be found in your urine

By the way fish oil? U can find those fat acids in nuts, just read nutrition facts of thing that you eat

These things are not medicine, part of nutrition

If you don't have a illness related to lack of nutrition , these things wont do anything for you

Supplements are meant to be taken if your nutrition is not enough have healthy nutrition

Supplements arent meant to cure illnesses
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-19, 10:56 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,094 Times in 15,350 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

*added paragraph breaks for ease in reading the op**

Quote:
My working OTC solution for Pure-OCD (+ other variations)!

Firstly I'll begin with a little on myself. I've had OCD my entire life, I can think back to times when I was younger and I did strange things with no real explanation, such as not wanting to walk through shadows or having the urge to turn on all my lights, etc. (typical ocd types of compulsions). Even still, I never really noticed these as problems, rather thinking that it was just how I was and it was no big deal. This was how it was all my life, through adolescents and on up until about three years ago. It wasn't until one day where I was alone for the day in my home and had been extremely stressed from personal issues which had caused my OCD to be stronger/more noticeable than it had ever been. The way it happened was I was just sitting, doing work without anything on (TV/computer) when I got a strange wave of a paranoia feeling accompanied with the feeling of being trapped in my room. As it happened I made the mistake of trying to convince myself to ignore the feelings, like when your around something scary and you try to down play whatever is frightening you in within your head.

This was a bad choice, as the more I fought, the prominent it became and it led to me having mini-panic attack. This is when my condition worsened to becoming the Pure-O form. To shorten a very long story and get to the key points, in the beginning I had the visual intrusive thoughts. Almost like day dreams that would pop in my head and of course it being things I didn't agree with or ever want to think about (side-note: if you don't already know, you shouldn't fear this, the reason you get weird visuals is because it literally the exact thing that you don't want to think about which causes your brain to think/fixate on it. If you're reading this and you have pure-o and your aren't educated on it, go read up on it. The more you understand, the less scary and painful it becomes - along with it becoming tolerable and workable enough to be normal.

Again, don't be scared to learn, it is a must if your dealing with this. Pure-O is understandable, it actually makes sense when broken down). Anyway, during the span of time I was doing my own research, found out the name of my condition was Pure-O, found out about CBTs and things like ERP and so on. I then had actually confessed to my mother that I was having problems (as Pure-O is genetic and I wondered if anyone that I knew of in our family had it also) and I found out that my grandfather, who is still alive, too has had OCD. I got in contact with him and he recommended that I try some supplements known as fish oil pills as it can help lessen the effects of the OCD. Now during the time I was being treated in CBT, I decided to give a try to the fish oil, in which I did research on and found that it has been used by street drug addicts to regain mental stability after occurring damage from certain drugs with actual success ( this just being something I found interesting).

I bought a bottle, don't know if I should say the brand of the ones I use, but the dosage was 1200 mg & 360 mg (for height/mass reference I'm about 5'7 ft at around 130 pounds) and l took two of them a day and it literally has been the best thing I've ever done for myself in my life. I kid you not, within two weeks of taking them, my Pure-O lessened from having visual intrusive thoughts to having just pure intrusive thoughts (like a running mind, just having question thoughts pop into my all the time) . I even could immediately notice a mental difference when taking them, a boost in mood and tolerance overall which is just awesome to feel when dealing with this. I began religiously taking them and after about a month I started noticing that the intrusive thoughts OVERALL had started decreasing. Less and less the thoughts started dropping, it got to the point where I began to almost completely be rid of now just the intrusive questions popping up. Please, if you are a suffer, give this OTC solution a go. I swear to you this will help immensely, especially if you are not being prescribed medicine for your OCD (which I was never given anything, only took CBT, though a side-note I've heard good things about Lexapro though I've never gotten it).

I should also mention around this same time I began taking adult gummy vitamins which was also giving me a decent helping of Vitamin B-12, which I found later through research nearly all OCD sufferers are deficient in as well and I'm sure also attributed to soothing my symptoms. To finish this off, I currently am living practically OCD-free when using my fish oil + vitamin B supplement combo. I genuinely cannot stress people enough to try this. Please, please, please, if you're struggling and are in a dark-place like I was - go to your local CVS, Walmart, target or whatever and spend like $30-40 and give this a go. This may save you as it did for me. I'm currently now also taking some 5-HTP supplements as well ( I found at my local CVS for $13 bucks) which when all combined allows me to think COMPLETELY normally.

This means no more visuals popping up EVER for me and very rarely do I ever intrusive questions pop up either. I'm not constantly stuck in my head and no weird dreams anymore. Most of all I have no more need for constant ERP-journals and cognitive behavioral therapy. I'm not saying this will work for everyone but this was just a miracle I landed on about a year or two ago and after using it for so long and finding it still treats my ailments without failure, it was time I finally needed to share it with the community. Put your trust in this, regardless the usage fish oil + vitamins + 5-HTP would help with mental stability regardless of a present illness. I should say though it will not be instantaneous, but did I noticed an increase in tolerance of OCD on a daily basis. Still the mass improvement happened towards the end of the first month (this was around the time I noticed the visual aspect of pure-O begin to start decreasing). Feel free to PM any questions if you need clarification. I will try to make an account on all the major OCD forums to report my findings and I pray every suffer gets to see this.
~P.S I also hope any mods reading this don't take this down. I am not attempting to give complete medical advice, I'm just advising sufferers to some all natural health supplements one could find over the counter in almost any convenience store. These also all being safe for practically anyone to use or obtain.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
sillyle (08-15-19)
Old 01-25-19, 07:15 AM

Winchpac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emre22 View Post
SSRIs
Sertraline would be good choice for OCD due to my own experiences

I have never used anafranil but it is said that it is gold standart for OCD

5HTP is just a supplement, all these supplement firms are promoting supplements as magic wands

No supplement can be superior to medicines , dont fall into snake oil trap

B vitamin is in everything u eat, bread, meat, milk and milk products,egg,chicken etc.

U are already taking B vitamins by eating something

Taking excessive amount of vitamin B will only tire your kidney
ADEK vitamins can be kept in body(liver)

But excessive amounts of B,C will be found in your urine

By the way fish oil? U can find those fat acids in nuts, just read nutrition facts of thing that you eat

These things are not medicine, part of nutrition

If you don't have a illness related to lack of nutrition , these things wont do anything for you

Supplements are meant to be taken if your nutrition is not enough have healthy nutrition

Supplements arent meant to cure illnesses
Do you even know what 5-HTP does ?
Do you even know what omegas 3 (DHA and EPA) do ?
Do you even know what vitamins do ?

5-HTP is a DIRECT precursor to serotonin. 5-HTP enhances overall serotonin content in a "dose dependant" manner.

How does the brain metabolize catecholamines, especially serotonin and dopamine ?
L-tryptophan >(tryptophan hydroxilase)> 5-HTP >(aromatic L amino acid decarboxylase)> serotonin
It's for serotonin what L-Dopa is for dopamine.
L-tyrosine >(tyrosine hydroxilase)> L-Dopa >(aromatic L amino acid decarboxylase)> Dopamine

Do you know what L-Dopa is used for ? PARKINSON treatment.
Is it a supplement ? Yes ! It's a naturally occuring amino acid in mucuna pruriens.

How do SSRIs work ? By inhibiting the reuptake of serotonin in the synapses for further usage. Thanks to this process, more serotonin remain in the synapses.
How does it "cure" depression ? By downregulating 5HT2 and 5HT3 receptors in the long run.
It also downregulate 5HT1a presynaptic receptors, the one responsible for 5HT1a postsynaptic receptor inhibition. 5HT1a postsynaptic receptor activation is linked to prosocial behaviors, well being, other 5HT receptors modulation, dopamine modulation .... This is why SSRI are often prescribed with buspirone for exemple ...
CBD and Rhodiola are very good 5HT1a agonists. Psychedelics microdosing is also capable of this but also downregulating 5HT2.

5-HTP is converted to serotonin by aromatic L-amino acid decarboxylase (AAAD). The problem is that enzyme is found in your stomach and periphery. If you do not inhibit it in your stomach, then a portion of your 5-HTP will get converted to serotonin in your periphery. Since serotonin cannot cross the blood brain barrier, it will remain in the periphery and can cause issues with your heart valves and digestion. Heart and gut health are directly linked to mental health.
Taking vitamin B6 with your 5-HTP just speeds up this process. Ideally you would take a B6 supplement in the morning, then dose your 5-HTP at night to avoid this.

To inhibit AAAD, you should always take EGCG with your 5-HTP. EGCG has been shown to be a good inhibitor of L-amino acid decarboxylase."

5-HTP is so much powerfull that you should not take it without EGCG in large doses. Your affirmation is totally wrong, 5-HTP is well studied and has been proven to show good results at enhancing serotonin levels in the synapses, exactly like SSRI, just in a different manner ... Because a brain is not just a 4x4 rubik cube but a inf+*inf+ one.

Do you even know the basics of pharmacology ?

DHA and EPA are able to promote synaptogenesis, nerve repair, muscle growth ... It's even better with uridine, which is also capable of dopamine D2 receptors upregulation. Uridine should not be taken without a good vitamine B9 FOLATE source, or it could result in DNA damage.
Is uridine a SUPPLEMENT ? YES SIR

You should have a look at reddit/nootropics and longecity forums. Depression and other mental disorders are far from being the only result of serotonin disregulation.
Neurogenesis, glutamate, acetylcholine, dopamine, kappa opioid receptors .... There are so much possibilities to treat DIFFERENT TYPES of depressions and mental disorders.

The only snake oil trap here is labs trying to sell you SSRIs like the magic cure for everything when there are actually a lot of researchs about the things I mentionned. Medecine is improving years after years, but not every doctor is aware of last discoveries because they just don't have the time to look into it since a lot of people suffer...
You'll find everything you need on Pubmed.

Please inform yourself before affirmating some middle-age information.
The Following User Says Thank You to Winchpac For This Useful Post:
sillyle (08-15-19)