ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Forums Help, Q&A
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-11, 08:36 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 26,918 Times in 12,561 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Has anyone ever PMed you requesting to purchase your controlled meds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
I. Should have been more clear : if it doesn't bother tambourine man then its not damaging to him but it would bother me and I would report them. The point of these forums is for support and advice not how/when/where you can get CUI drugs. Anyone who thinks they can convince someone to give them their meds is being insensitive to that person and that persons needs and only out for themselves.
Off-topic question: what does "CUI drugs" mean?

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
Old 06-20-11, 08:48 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,094 Times in 15,350 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

OMG! I meant C II drugs sorry everyone!

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (06-20-11)
Old 06-20-11, 09:27 AM
Registered

Thanked 17,760 Times in 8,903 Posts
Abi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond repute

What if I offered sexual favours in exchange for Dexedrine?

JUST KIDDING!!!

"I think David Archuleta's picture is starting to annoy me." - BellaVita

"A glass of water is healthier than a glass of vodka - but you don't substitute one for the other." - aeon

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abi For This Useful Post:
addtention (06-30-11), sighduck (06-20-11)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-11, 10:33 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Thanked 1,460 Times in 582 Posts
Kaimei has a reputation beyond reputeKaimei has a reputation beyond reputeKaimei has a reputation beyond reputeKaimei has a reputation beyond reputeKaimei has a reputation beyond reputeKaimei has a reputation beyond reputeKaimei has a reputation beyond reputeKaimei has a reputation beyond reputeKaimei has a reputation beyond reputeKaimei has a reputation beyond reputeKaimei has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, this happened to me back in April or May, I think. The person had read in one of my posts that I don't necessarily take my maximum dose every day, and asked me if I'd be interested in selling my excess because it wasn't available in their country. The way they wrote, though, and the slang they used read like they were talking about recreational use.

I responded telling them that though I felt for them, I wasn't going to be able to 'hook them up' and additionally, soliciting and selling CII drugs was a crime in my country.

I did forward the message to a moderator, and received a response. I did feel uncomfortable with the message - it was a shock to get it here, of all places, and the way they had written about it made the discomfort worse.

We are responsible for the appropriate use of our medications, and I feel a personal responsibility to counteract the negative stereotypes regarding stimulants when I am faced with them. It's important to me to let people like that know that we don't approve of soliciting or selling our medication. Obviously it's your choice not to report the user, but I believe that tolerance through inaction is a passive acceptance of the behavior.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kaimei For This Useful Post:
LynneC (06-30-11), namazu (06-22-11), Simenora (06-20-11)
Old 06-21-11, 08:18 PM

Toltrin is on a distinguished road

Sometimes I cry for those who have to take these meds. I was on this stuff as a child, had to quite cold turkey. Then again at 23 - quite cold turkey. Then again at 32 - quit cold turkey. Each one was 2-3 years. Never again for me.
Old 06-21-11, 10:52 PM
Mod-A-holic

sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Why would you cry for people who responsibly take these meds? If they work then our quality of life improves. Did you abuse your meds and thats why you had to quit cold turkey?

I carried a watermelon?
Old 06-22-11, 07:52 AM

Thanked 3,639 Times in 1,734 Posts
Impetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by salleh View Post
I got that extrememly nasty sexual message, and reported it ...and I am with you on the subject, BR549.....give up my meds ??? yah, right, .....that'll happen......

I am not a selfish person, right up until my meds are concerned ......then I turn into a 2 year old ....mine mine mine ....and you can't have 'em ......

ok, back on topic.... I haven't ever gotten one of those, BUT I know I look like one of those housewifey tattler types.... still the answer is no.
I often warn people: "Somewhere along the way, someone is going to tell you, 'There is no "I" in team.' What you should tell them is, 'Maybe not. But there is an "I" in independence, individuality and integrity.
-George Carlin
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Impetus For This Useful Post:
AddaptAbilities (06-29-11), BR549 (06-29-11), danelady (06-29-11)
Old 06-22-11, 10:34 AM
Registered

Thanked 17,760 Times in 8,903 Posts
Abi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond repute

Just a reminder, my body is still available to those who want to trade Dex...

Edit: I hate this puritanical filter.

"I think David Archuleta's picture is starting to annoy me." - BellaVita

"A glass of water is healthier than a glass of vodka - but you don't substitute one for the other." - aeon

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook

Last edited by EYEFORGOT; 06-23-11 at 10:08 AM.. Reason: inappropriate link/address
Old 06-22-11, 04:30 PM

tambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by abi2010 View Post
What if I offered sexual favours in exchange for Dexedrine?

JUST KIDDING!!!

I don't get Dexedrine. How bout Vyvanse? Adderall? PM me.

RXed:
Pristiq, 50mg (AM)

Adderall, 20mg 2x daily
Lyrica, 150mg 3x daily
Xanax, .5mg 3x daily

Remeron, 30mg (PM)
Seroquel, 200mg (PM)
The Following User Says Thank You to tambourine-man For This Useful Post:
Abi (06-24-11)
Old 06-22-11, 04:35 PM
Suspended Account

Thanked 4,738 Times in 2,556 Posts
Blueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambourine-man View Post
I don't get Dexedrine. How bout Vyvanse? Adderall? PM me.
You know Wasabi is a guy right?... ooh, this is better than any dirty talk PM!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Blueranne For This Useful Post:
Abi (06-24-11)
Old 06-22-11, 04:49 PM

Thanked 2,410 Times in 1,334 Posts
TheChemicals has disabled reputation

Well Tambo...you do have a certain air about you lol. Not at all being offensive to anything you say on these forums but.....if i wanted to score some meds off someone on this forum, for some reason you come up as the person id ask first. Sorry.- probably because of the exposure you have on Adderrall and Vyvanse threads.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheChemicals For This Useful Post:
Abi (06-24-11)
Old 06-29-11, 07:46 PM

tambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festinalente View Post
You know Wasabi is a guy right?... ooh, this is better than any dirty talk PM!!!
Oh, oops! Sorry, I'm not ADHD and don't receive medication for it. But Wasabi, maybe we can, er... watch football some time. Yeah...

RXed:
Pristiq, 50mg (AM)

Adderall, 20mg 2x daily
Lyrica, 150mg 3x daily
Xanax, .5mg 3x daily

Remeron, 30mg (PM)
Seroquel, 200mg (PM)
The Following User Says Thank You to tambourine-man For This Useful Post:
Blueranne (06-29-11)
Old 06-29-11, 10:25 PM

Thanked 21,938 Times in 7,993 Posts
ginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, I got another message from him asking for a "small sample" because he is in the Uk. I asked what good a small sample would do if he could not get any more in the future. I didn't delete his message. I'm not going to tattle but it is in my pm box.
You might consider that some other soft hearted person might actually be swayed by this person and anyone caught sending a controlled substance thru the mail is looking at a jail term and the loss of their medication. I'd rather sympathise with the person who is innocent and can go to jail.

There are far too many people out there willing to get you into trouble while they keep their part 'deniable.

There are actually websites out there that will tell people that since people with adhd have low self esteem to befriend them in order to get their meds.

It's a reality we need to be very aware of.

ginnie
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ginniebean For This Useful Post:
danelady (06-29-11), gerwin (06-30-11), LynneC (06-30-11), Mesaana (06-30-11), namazu (09-24-11), peripatetic (06-30-11), tired1823 (06-30-11)
Old 06-30-11, 04:51 PM

addtention is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I received a message from a newbie (won't name names and promised not to report them so don't ask me too, I won't...) asking if I would be willing to sell them any meds because their doctor wouldn't prescribe them. I responded tactfully stating that this seemed awfully dangerous as either one of us could be a cop. I sympathize with those who can't receive treatment, but seriously, WTF?

Has this ever happened to anyone else? It has happened to me twice on these boards. Do I come off as a drug dealer? I wanted to know where he was at because one individual had wanted to buy my Adderall because he lived in London and they don't have it there. This makes me uncomfortable, especially because I myself have a past history of drug-abuse/drug-seeking pre-treatment.
The admins and I potentially believe moderators can look at your PMs FYI. I don't think reporting their ip address recorded by vbulletin to police is a smart thing.

Or any action taken for the persons lapse in judgement because they're potentially a good non drug abusing citizen who just really wants help
Old 06-30-11, 05:12 PM
Mod-A-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by addtention View Post
The admins and I potentially believe moderators can look at your PMs FYI. I don't think reporting their ip address recorded by vbulletin to police is a smart thing.

Or any action taken for the persons lapse in judgement because they're potentially a good non drug abusing citizen who just really wants help
Anyone who offers to buy your adhd meds over the internet is drug seeking. Everyone knows better then that. I feel for people who can't get help but you just don't take advantage of the forum or another person this way.

I carried a watermelon?
Closed Thread