ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Anxiety Disorders, OCD & PTSD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Anxiety Disorders, OCD & PTSD A forum to discuss Anxiety, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Panic Disorder, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Simple Phobias, and Social Anxiety Disorder

Old 11-30-18, 09:38 AM
Minecraft Mod-rater

Thanked 1,451 Times in 754 Posts
TurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to all
Obsessional fears and irony

I haven't been officially diagnosed with OCD and I've been avoiding medical treatment like the plague because I prefer natural remedies (I've also learned how to use CBT and ERP therapy on myself).

As I guy, I normally don't like talking about my feelings or asking for help, and I suppose my use of the internet has been my way of building a wall to not have to reach out for help from anyone. Ironically, I made the mistake of trying to open up about my OCD issues with someone at church, but then my pastor had to intervene because I got too clingy asking for reassurance.

After that happened, I sometimes think I might have a mild form of dependent personality, but it seems my OCD makes me scared of being used and abused (that has never really happened, the closest thing to that was how kids treated me at school, but I've since then have been a very sheltered... especially having overprotective parents ).

Anxiety be ironic like that... and ADHD sometimes makes me forget what I was even worried about in the first place.

I've never seriously contemplated suicide because my fear of what loved ones would think is stronger than my desire to die... go figure....

On a lighter note, my fear of UTIs are stronger than the desire to... okay let's keep out of the gutter... haha

Last edited by TurtleBrain; 11-30-18 at 10:00 AM..