ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Forums Help, Q&A
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-08, 11:50 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Luthien has much to be proud ofLuthien has much to be proud ofLuthien has much to be proud ofLuthien has much to be proud ofLuthien has much to be proud ofLuthien has much to be proud ofLuthien has much to be proud ofLuthien has much to be proud ofLuthien has much to be proud ofLuthien has much to be proud of
Re: Rep Power

ok thanks!

-- the Lay of Leithian. J.R.R. Tolkien

ADD inattentive / dex 60 mg/d

Old 02-17-08, 11:56 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,635 Times in 884 Posts
FrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud of

Like Big Brother is watching you.........
Old 02-18-08, 01:30 AM

Thanked 3,792 Times in 1,934 Posts
Imnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond repute

I enjoy being able to show my appreciation to people for making this place more interesting. The new thanks feature is another positive.

Phaedrus

Sponsored Links
Old 02-29-08, 09:48 PM

Thanked 26,914 Times in 12,559 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

I noticed I had some reputation points - and a few comments too. I'm not seeing any names though - is there any way to tell who left me the nice comments?

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
Old 02-29-08, 10:06 PM

FrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud of

Not sure you would want to see who left them, there is a negative aspect to the rep points as well! LOL!

I would "vote" to take that negative off of there, we don't need to be negative around here, gads life is hard enough and we come here for help not to get slammed, and if you don't have anything nice to say, you shouldn't say it at all, or contact a moderator or report thepost. The negative aspect of this system could be abused.

The nice comments were truly a surpise to see though, and they are more fun to give! :-)
Old 02-29-08, 10:13 PM

Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a big girl and I'm not as thin-skinned as I used to be. If someone wants to disagree with me, that's fine. In fact, if I know who left the negative rep comment I might send a PM and see if there was a misunderstanding.

If a rep comment is clearly rude or nasty, we're supposed to report it I think.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
Old 02-29-08, 10:44 PM
Banned

Matt S. is just really niceMatt S. is just really niceMatt S. is just really niceMatt S. is just really nice

I have been getting all green ones lately so I am not too upset about it.

Like Lunacie said, I am aware of who gave me my negative one but I am not going to allow my self-worth to be subverted over someone else's narcissistic melodrama.
Old 02-29-08, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt S. View Post
I have been getting all green ones lately so I am not too upset about it.

Like Lunacie said, I am aware of who gave me my negative one but I am not going to allow my self-worth to be subverted over someone else's narcissistic melodrama.
No, I said I'm not aware of who left me comments (either red or green), and I would like to know the authors.

Old 02-29-08, 10:53 PM
Banned

Matt S. is just really niceMatt S. is just really niceMatt S. is just really niceMatt S. is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
No, I said I'm not aware of who left me comments (either red or green), and I would like to know the authors.
Sorry, I was just saying that I have a good sense of one because some people act like teenagers around here when they are adults and it was a good post that other people approved of so I am aware of who this person was. Online conflict sets you up to that sort of thing.
Old 02-29-08, 10:57 PM

I wonder if we can ask about removing the redbox? This is a support forum, for encouragement, we don't need an anonymous feature where we can slam others. No wonder it was once disabled.
Old 02-29-08, 11:09 PM
Ghost in the Machine

Thanked 1,633 Times in 574 Posts
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
If a rep comment is clearly rude or nasty, we're supposed to report it I think.
Absolutely correct.

To review the ADD Forums Guidelines, please click here.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Andrew For This Useful Post:
FrazzleDazzle (02-29-08), Imnapl (02-29-08), Matt S. (02-29-08)
Old 02-29-08, 11:24 PM

Thanked 3,338 Times in 1,909 Posts
Bluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I like this function. I think it could work for us in more ways than one. I am aware of getting down, and moody with it sometimes. For instance, if I see any ‘redies’ on mine, I’m going to take a step back and have a reality check. I certainly do not want to pee anyone off simply because I’m having a bad day.
Old 02-29-08, 11:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluerose View Post
Personally I like this function. I think it could work for us in more ways than one. I am aware of getting down, and moody with it sometimes. For instance, if I see any Ďrediesí on mine, Iím going to take a step back and have a reality check. I certainly do not want to pee anyone off simply because Iím having a bad day.
A lot of people have an inability to see their part of the problem for a variety of reasons, so I agree with your post 100%, personally, I see it like this, it is one little point and how I personally allow it to effect me when in fact out of anyone on this site I have the most thank you's and friends and I do because I effect them positively or they effect me positively and therefore my little green dots, which have been red before and said "he can only hope to improve" and now I have two green ones, means if I have a bad reputation, it will not stay that way.

I didn't bring up the friends and thank you's thing to gloat or say I am better than anyone either. I meant it solely based on what I tell myself as a positive affirmation when someone has a negative opinion and I get paranoid as if they are important enough to effect the masses so to speak.

Everyone knows what it feels like to beat yourself up so I think positive affirmations like that when someone hits you below the belt are important. But if a comment that is nasty and uncalled for does get left, that is when you go to Andrew for help, not just because you have a negative point.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matt S. For This Useful Post:
Bluerose (03-01-08), Imnapl (02-29-08)
Old 02-29-08, 11:54 PM

Thanked 3,792 Times in 1,934 Posts
Imnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond repute

Matt S., the system is telling me I must spread more reputation around before giving you more, sigh, but I want to tell you how thoughtful and true your post is.

Phaedrus

The Following User Says Thank You to Imnapl For This Useful Post:
Matt S. (02-29-08)
Old 02-29-08, 11:58 PM

So... no one else knows if there is any way to find out who left us rep comments?

Closed Thread