ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Forums Help, Q&A
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-04, 01:39 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Ian has disabled reputation
Thumbs up message board reputation/power/ and how to influence others.. ehhe ADD/ADHD

paulbf can I refer to you as Paul?

Once I figured out that I couldn't opt out of all those types of status funcitons I gave up entirely. It may do no harm. I'm easily irritated. It might be interesting to view the research behind including those features and the motivation for doing so. Then again, life is short!

I'm grateful you posted the details of the points, reputation and power features. I'd have never taken the time to sift around to answer the questions you did. Your statement was very clear. Thanks.

I think we should deliberately jack Paul's rep through the roof.. what do you say boys? I've done my part, limited though it is.
>>>Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?

Old 07-02-04, 05:41 PM
Contributor

vinceptor is on a distinguished road
Ah -- I found my answer in one of the "similar threads". A recent one, too. Nice to know other people had noticed what I did.

Hmm -- is "similar threads" new or differently formatted? I don' recall it from the previous incarnation of the site....

Hmmmmmm..... I am satisfied about one feature, and as of this reply noticed another. What's this about "xxxxx's warnings" and "warn xxxxxx"? It looks to me like that is data that should be reserved for site admins and moderators. You didn't make me a guru behind my back, did you??!?!?!?!?!

Ken

E-mail--one of the 10 warning signs of AD/HD
Old 07-02-04, 05:53 PM
Ghost in the Machine

Thanked 1,633 Times in 574 Posts
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
If you click on it, you'll be able to see your own warnings ONLY. If you click on someone else's, you shouldnt have the ability to do anything.

To review the ADD Forums Guidelines, please click here.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-04, 06:24 PM
Forummarm

Thanked 8,224 Times in 2,588 Posts
Andi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond repute
Heck, you guys had me lost somewhere looking for the location of the point system...where are my points? Now I do feel like I'm in high school...someone please vote for me, I need a good campaign to guarantee my reputation, lawd knows it stinks right now...

VOTE FOR ANDI, SHES JUST DANDY
pssst...payoffs behind the auditorum after school
lolgawd Im lame

Everything I write is fully substantiated by my personal opinion.
Old 07-02-04, 06:32 PM
Forum ADDvocate

paulbf will become famous soon enough
OK I gave you a vote!

: - )

There is a "scale" icon in the upper-right of each post which shows your points. Below that is a green square that says you are on a distinguished road.
Old 07-02-04, 06:36 PM
Forummarm

Andi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond repute
awwwwwwww...someone cares...they like me...they really like me...Thank you Paul...did that help me find where the count is?

Old 07-02-04, 06:37 PM
Forummarm

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and I'll meet you behind the auditorum later...

Old 07-02-04, 07:10 PM
Contributor

vinceptor is on a distinguished road
OK about not being able to click on someone else's points, a little weird about being reminded about the feature existing at the top of every post....

Guess it's just my squeamish li'l self trying to work up an anxiety fit.....

Ken

E-mail--one of the 10 warning signs of AD/HD
Old 07-02-04, 07:13 PM
Ghost in the Machine

Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
You can add to someone else's reputation...and the more you post in the forums, the more significant reputation points are when voting.

Old 07-02-04, 07:28 PM
Forummarm

psssssst...should I ask the same question again here or wait for the other threads reply???

VOTE FOR ANDI AS SCHOOL PRESIDENT...

Old 07-02-04, 07:30 PM
Ghost in the Machine

lmao...we can play tag all night...or you can just ask in one place

Old 07-02-04, 07:34 PM
Forummarm

Well Andrew, I'm asking...come on...fess up...where is the darn thing?

Old 07-02-04, 07:35 PM
Forummarm

I truly think you're just trying to help me get my numbers up...lol

Old 07-02-04, 07:36 PM
Ghost in the Machine

Quote:
You can't see someone else's number...just the rating "description" associated with the number of reputation points they've accumulated. (i.e. "[username] is on a distinguished road")
Heh...first time I've actually quoted myself....LOL

Old 07-02-04, 07:39 PM
Forummarm

sigh, didn't you see my acknowledgement in the other thread...are you slipping?
(I say that with much love and admiration)