ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 11-12-15, 12:15 PM

juwatkinvt03 is on a distinguished road
Re: trouble filling adderall prescription/finding pharmacies carrying a specific gene

CorePharma- Trash/Pink Pill of useless garbage
Aurolife Pharma- sugar pill terrible
Sandoz- Terrible
Eon- Same as Sandoz the 20% binders they put in their pills is not how it is supposed to be granted everyone is different and in my own personal opinion and being in IR, XR for 13 years now, Shire was the originator, the IR went Generic (Great Company) merged with Teva and essentially if you ask for Brand Name 30mg IR Adderall you will get TEVA ask CVS (most carry) for the generic 30mg IR Adderall and you will get TEVA.

TEVA- best you can get.
XR- Brand Name only if you really want to get the most out of your Rx, stay away from Activas!

Hope this helps 2 or 4 people

Cheers!

Last edited by namazu; 11-12-15 at 08:13 PM.. Reason: removed broken image link
Old 01-15-16, 12:00 PM
ADDvanced Member

Notafadd is on a distinguished road
Re: trouble filling adderall prescription/finding pharmacies carrying a specific gene

Thought I'd report that my local pharmacy said that they have not been able to find CorePharma 20mg. They've checked several distributors and have not had any luck.
I've been getting the CorePharma pills from them for over a year so this month I'm going to have to settle for Teva again.

FWW: CorePharma have been the best alternative to (generic) Dexedrine since I was priced out of the dex. I don't like amph. salts because they make me a bit shaky (prob. the levoamphetamine). CorePharma have been the least shake inducing that I've tried. I'd go back to dex if the prices were reasonable though.
Old 01-16-16, 09:46 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,236 Times in 14,916 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes I wonder if people who are searching for a specific brand for a very long time are sort of on their own holy grail quest. I know that I can overthink things sometimes and I wonder if others are overthinking things too.

I carried a watermelon?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-16, 11:21 AM

robbielyn17 is on a distinguished road

I had a hard time getting my 30mg IR filled at cvs OOS. At wallgreens, we dont feel comfortable. 30mg twice a day way too high to start a person who hasnt had adderall before. I went to Target, spring hill fl us 19 no questions no trouble.
Old 03-19-16, 10:25 PM

Giselle79 is on a distinguished road

I'm in Houston and NEVER had a problem filling my prescription. Yesterday I went to Walgreens and was told adderal 30mg is on back order. I've now called so many pharmacies in the area I want to scream. I can not find anyone with my med in stock. Please help, or if u know wtf is going on, pleAse explain. Thanks in advance TONS
Old 03-25-16, 10:32 PM

bluechipps is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giselle79 View Post
I'm in Houston and NEVER had a problem filling my prescription. Yesterday I went to Walgreens and was told adderal 30mg is on back order. I've now called so many pharmacies in the area I want to scream. I can not find anyone with my med in stock. Please help, or if u know wtf is going on, pleAse explain. Thanks in advance TONS
I'm in the same situation in north Houston. Please please if you are able to find anyone with some in stock or any kind of solution (non generic maybe?) it would mean a lot if you could let me know! I will do the same!

email: bluechipps at gmail dot com (sorry, avoiding spam)
Old 03-26-16, 10:55 PM

Wileycoyote is on a distinguished road

I live in sarasota county in florida, ive now been without my prescription for a few days and havent been able to find anywhere to fill it, the publix on bee ridge is out of it, the walgreens on bahai vista. Is too, i was told cvs is as well, does anyone know where else I might be able to get my prescription filled? Im prescribed adderall ir 30mg with generics allowed, i prefer the actavis brand generic but at this point any would do as I have a hectic work week and alot of studying coming up
Old 03-28-16, 10:20 PM

l_miller is on a distinguished road

Goodyear, Arizona is back ordered for both 15mg & 30mg generic and label
Phoenix, Arizona is back ordered for 30mg generic and label
No estimates on time to be filled for any
Old 03-29-16, 09:01 AM
ADDvanced Member

Babyd19 has disabled reputation

Is there a shortage??
Old 03-29-16, 05:02 PM

CRsquared is on a distinguished road

I've lurked these forums for a while, but registered just for this. I've had a prescription for generic 30mg Adderall for a couple years now, never had any issues getting it filled. I've been trying to get my prescription filled for about 2 weeks now and all I am told is "it's on backorder". I've tried talking to them and scouring the internet, but I can't find anything. I live in the middle TN area, if anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated!
Old 04-02-16, 01:13 PM

missaships is on a distinguished road

I'm having trouble getting my 30mg generic in the Kansas City area. I talked to my doctor about it and he acted surprised. My insurance won't pay for brand name.
Old 04-03-16, 02:38 AM

bluechipps is on a distinguished road

Hey just an update for Houston people. Whichever generic brand supplier Walgreens uses is definitely on backorder. Kroger pharmacy as well, the few I visited barely even had to look at my prescription, they all seem like they have been out for a while.

Other than that though, turns out most of the CVS pharmacies had some, its definitely a different supplier, the pills are shaped differently etc. The few CVS's that didn't have any seemed to only be due to increased demand from people like us looking for alternatives. HEB pharmacy also had plenty and its the same type pills that CVS gets.

Hope that helps!
Old 04-07-16, 03:13 PM

Jaded022 is on a distinguished road

I live in Boca Raton,FL I also never issues getting my 30mg adderall generic filled and my Walgreens said it was back ordered and CVS down here I tried to go to and they stated that since I have been filling my prescription at Walgreens and I have not filled it at CVS the pharmacist said I have to stick with Walgreens and just wait? I have never heard of such a thing as well as I can only till at CVS in palm Beach county since my address is palm beach county and Broward county is just seconds away but cvs will not fill it only what your DL has on it. Walgreens I can go anywhere they don't do that ?? CVS treats there customers very badly they are no help for the people who legitatemely need there medication.
Old 04-11-16, 04:33 PM

AceofSwords is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: trouble filling adderall prescription/finding pharmacies carrying a specific gene

Hi everyone, I also had a problem finding a place in SFL to fill my script for 30 mg Teva generics but I hit pay dirt at a Walmart pharmacy next to Sawgrass Mills Mall in Sunrise. For anyone in Broward or thereabouts who's having trouble getting your meds, I hope this helps.
Old 04-16-16, 10:55 AM
ADDvanced Member

moo4dougie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechipps View Post
Hey just an update for Houston people. Whichever generic brand supplier Walgreens uses is definitely on backorder. Kroger pharmacy as well, the few I visited barely even had to look at my prescription, they all seem like they have been out for a while.

Other than that though, turns out most of the CVS pharmacies had some, its definitely a different supplier, the pills are shaped differently etc. The few CVS's that didn't have any seemed to only be due to increased demand from people like us looking for alternatives. HEB pharmacy also had plenty and its the same type pills that CVS gets.

Hope that helps!
I'll echo the fact that HEB pharmacies in Houston tend to have stock while I often have problems with Walgreens and even CVS. Several months ago, I spent all morning going around town trying to fill the script, but didn't consider HEB. I went to the HEB on San Felipe near Fountainview yesterday after a tip from a friend, and no problems!