ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Medications for Co-Existing Conditions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-17, 08:43 AM

emily weston is on a distinguished road
Re: Adderall and Abilify?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sKeTchyKk View Post
I take adderall x 20mg twice daily, celexa x 40mg, neurontin x 300mg morning + 300mg afternoon + 1200-1800mg nightly, and just started taking abilify x 5mg as well.... Does anyone know of possible interactions or side effects to be cautious of?? Thank you in advance for any feedback...
why the abilify? neurobtin is a mood stanbilizer and nerve med and seizure med and i thought celexa is an antidepressant N I KNOW ADDERALL thats what ive been trying to get ive been on abuilify for 15 years and it made me dopey and fat and the beginnings of tardive dyskonesia my doc said. i quit taking it it also runs the risk of diabetes not good. they said i had schizoaffective but trust me anything of my normal functioning is a mystery to any conservative doc i have alot of creativity and ideas and thoughts and enthusiam for life lets say. i do take an antidepressant for pain and anxiety but i would rather be on adderal becuase i dont like the norepenephrine flight or fright chemical in the cymbalta I heard it diminishes a very necessary parasympathetic breathing patternI do yoga also and i heard that helps but i need all the stress releif i can get so long story short i was curious why you take the abilify? do you have psychotic symptoms my doc told me adderall was the opposite of abilify that abilify reduces dopamine and adderal increases it so they shouldnt be taken together