ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat > ADD Tech Corner
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

ADD Tech Corner Discuss issues with software, hardware, viruses, security and other technology issues here.

Old 12-30-10, 04:06 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,850 Times in 1,776 Posts
EshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant future
Re: I am a Technological Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by peripatetic View Post
what's needed is an instant transportation device so you can just come fix the damn thing and i don't have to spend two hours getting increasingly frustrated before deciding i either break iphone/macbook or just let it go. although i suppose that'd make the whole phoning thing irrelevant.....

well, whatever. i'm just saying it'd be great if you could get right on that technological innovation; one star trek-style transporter, please
There should be a computer assist program Like u know when a tech guy takes control of your computer remotely. I should actually look into this but just because it's done with PCs doesn't mean it translates to Apple products.

peripatetic is nuts and I'm the squirrel.
The Following User Says Thank You to EshkaronsEngine For This Useful Post:
peripatetic (12-30-10)
Old 12-30-10, 04:16 PM

EshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant future

I ****ING LOVE THE COMPUTER AGE!!! i'M TALKING ON A LANDLINE, TEXTING ON MY MOBILE AND POSTING ON THE FORUM AT THE SAME TIME!!!!!

Old 12-30-10, 05:14 PM
Moderator of mind and heart

Thanked 21,273 Times in 8,603 Posts
sarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by peripatetic View Post
what's needed is an instant transportation device so you can just come fix the damn thing and i don't have to spend two hours getting increasingly frustrated before deciding i either break iphone/macbook or just let it go. although i suppose that'd make the whole phoning thing irrelevant.....

well, whatever. i'm just saying it'd be great if you could get right on that technological innovation; one star trek-style transporter, please
Would you be very surprised if I said that is already in the works, sort of? At the very least highly advanced forms of telepresence are just around the corner and surgeons are already performing remotely controlled robotised procedures.
peripatetic (12-30-10)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-10, 06:18 PM

x3017 is on a distinguished road

I'm a Linux geek, who is also addicted to the internet, have been for years, I love my Webos Palm Pixi and would be lost without it.

Technology, open source and Linux in particular, is one of the few things that holds my attention. I've wanted to get certifications but rarely have the energy to study long enough for traditional classes. I'm easily distracted when anywhere near an internet connected anything.
Old 12-30-10, 07:32 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

bof00 is just really nicebof00 is just really nicebof00 is just really nicebof00 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarek View Post
Would you be very surprised if I said that is already in the works, sort of? At the very least highly advanced forms of telepresence are just around the corner and surgeons are already performing remotely controlled robotised procedures.
Yeah, telepresence is great - that's being there as a hologram - need a 3d projector for it. There's a couple systems out already. Here's a Cisco system video.
The virtual people are funny - robots with faces, haha.
Scientists can move light right now, capture the energy on one side with a Bose-Einstein condensate (must be close to absolute zero though), transport it, and then release it on the other side.
Oh, and on Mac it's called Remote Desktop - that's there main assistance program.

The Following User Says Thank You to bof00 For This Useful Post:
EshkaronsEngine (12-30-10)
Old 12-30-10, 08:06 PM
ADDvanced Member

Illiterati has a spectacular aura aboutIlliterati has a spectacular aura about

I've been using Remote Desktop for years now, on my PC and laptop...

It's kept me from having to go TO my friend's place when she's screwed up settings for her computer network. LOL I don't drive the 101N if I can possibly avoid it.
Dx'd Clinical Depression, ADD, Fibromyalgia & Migraine
Rx'd Nortriptyline & Ritalin
Old 12-30-10, 08:37 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

bof00 is just really nicebof00 is just really nicebof00 is just really nicebof00 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illiterati View Post
I've been using Remote Desktop for years now, on my PC and laptop...

It's kept me from having to go TO my friend's place when she's screwed up settings for her computer network. LOL I don't drive the 101N if I can possibly avoid it.
Before it was considered a good thing, a legal IT tool, I was using illegal backdoors for computers in the 90s - repacked to avoid antivirus detection. Now, I use Dameware and Logmein for taking over in-office and out-of-office employees computers. I still like the illegal ones more though - more control.
Old 12-30-10, 08:40 PM

when I get a little ching ching I'm going to get into this:

Old 01-04-11, 02:38 AM

lately I've gotten into the habit of having 3 or more web browser open. 1 for Youtube, 1 for images and 1 for the forum

Old 01-18-11, 09:09 PM

From the seat heater in the car to the automatic garage door opener all while talking on cell phone listening to the cd I just bot. God I am so glad I am alive at this very moment! YAWP!!!!!!!!