ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Careers/Job Impact
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Careers/Job Impact This forum is for adults to discuss how AD/HD affects work and career.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-01-11, 05:08 PM
anonymouslyadd's Avatar
anonymouslyadd anonymouslyadd is offline
Moderator of all seasons
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: .
Posts: 14,375
Blog Entries: 35
Thanks: 16,632
Thanked 16,267 Times in 8,229 Posts
anonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Opportunity Strikes Anonymouslyadd!

Looking for a job in this economy has been like finding gold in a trash dump. Well, yes. It actually has been like that!

Today, I was offered a job with a publicity company in the town I grew up in. I have been interested in Public Relations for a little while now, and it seems like fate has worked in my favor. I went on their website too and found them to be a legitimate firm with awesome goals.

I have a dilemna. I am involved in several things at the moment including: being a staff writer, taking one course (during the day, which I payed for), a member of Toastmasters International, volunteering with two organizations.

I'm torn. I am going to meet with this guy on Wednesday, and I want to keep the staff writer thing as well as the news reporting & writing I course. I'm really worried about overtaxing myself though.

I am able to collect unemployment for some time too. So, it's not like I have to make full-time money. Do you guys see anyway that I could swing it with this guy so that I could do the things I want to do while working for his company, even part-time until the semester is over?

Give me advice and help me see as many angles and even consequences (good and bad) as possible.

Please don't post if you're going to criticize me for what I want.
__________________
You must be the person you have never had the courage to be. Gradually, you will discover that you are that person, but until you can see this clearly, you must pretend and invent.

~Paulo Coelho
Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to anonymouslyadd For This Useful Post:
ADDisme2010 (10-09-11), Bluerose (10-06-11), buddy (10-02-11), C8H10N4O2 (10-06-11), Crazygirl79 (10-05-11), danelady (10-01-11), peripatetic (10-03-11), sarek (10-02-11), Unmanagable (10-01-11), zannie (10-01-11)
  #2  
Old 10-01-11, 05:40 PM
Nnnnnn's Avatar
Nnnnnn Nnnnnn is offline
ADDvanced Member
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: In the forest
Posts: 160
Thanks: 211
Thanked 137 Times in 69 Posts
Nnnnnn has a spectacular aura aboutNnnnnn has a spectacular aura about
Re: Opportunity Strikes Anonymouslyadd!

I just a kid still going to college but...
It woud be cool if they employed you part time, like working 4 days a week or less and leaving you one day so that you can go to class, or two afternoon free to go to class and do other things.
__________________
Soft kitty, Warm kitty, Little ball of furrrr,
Happy kitty, Sleepy kitty, Purr, purr, puuurrrrrr
The Big Bang Theory
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nnnnnn For This Useful Post:
anonymouslyadd (10-01-11)
  #3  
Old 10-01-11, 05:42 PM
BR549's Avatar
BR549 BR549 is offline
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate
 

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: lost continent of Atlantis
Posts: 12,352
Thanks: 18,461
Thanked 12,149 Times in 7,190 Posts
BR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Opportunity Strikes Anonymouslyadd!

Okay, how much time do you spend each week on each thing?

1. How much time does being a staff writer involve? Can you do this in the evening? On the weekend?

2. Homework? How much time do you spend doing that?

3. How much time does Toastmasters require?

4. Would this new job require you to work extra hours or on the weekends?

5. The volunteer organizations, are they during the day or evening?

If you had to cut back on the hours you volunteered or stop volunteering, even temporarily, would you be able to do that? I ask this last bit because I know how important (personally) involvement with certain organizations can be. As far as the class is concerned, it's possible that once you explain your situation, he will allow you to work around your class.


I think that it's possible to have the job, work as a staff writer and take a course. I don't know about the volunteering and Toastmasters. Only because I don't know what's involved or the time required for these. I do know that many volunteer organizations can require a lot of a person's time. What you probably don't want to do is have every minute of every day so crammed full of deadlines and obligations that you start hating what you do and feel trapped and emotionally exhausted.

You love to write. The class isn't an on-going, 4-5 year commitment, right? So that will be over at some point. You enjoy Toastmasters and it has really been beneficial for you. Can you take a step back from that for a while if need be? Do you feel comfortable doing that? If you give up volunteering or something else that brings you happiness will you be okay with that right now?

At some point you'll have to have a job because unemployment will run out. It's always good when the job finds you first. Especially in this economy. Is this something that you really want to do? Something that you might really enjoy? Could this lead to something better down the road or possibly give you some more experience? There are a lot of people who could manage to have the job, take the class, volunteer, write for the paper, be involved in Toastmasters and not be overwhelmed. I already know that I couldn't mange it.


Make a list of pros and cons of taking the job. Think about whether you really want this job. Then think about the time you spend with the other things. If it doesn't look like you can manage everything and you still want the job, think about what you could or would be willing to eliminate or cut back on. It wouldn't have to be a permanent thing. When the class is over, that will free up some time and then you can gradually increase the time you spend with these things.

A new job can be a lot of work the first few months. Take into consideration how tired you might be when you come home in the evening. Having extra obligations to attend to during that time may cause you to get burned out on everything.
__________________
I really didn't say everything I said.
"A.L.W."
"R.T.C."



"no talk
no, talk
Punctuation is important"
~Abi
Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BR549 For This Useful Post:
ADDisme2010 (10-09-11), anonymouslyadd (10-09-11), buddy (10-02-11), danelady (10-01-11), MX2012 (06-05-12), peripatetic (10-03-11), Unmanagable (10-01-11)
Sponsored Links
  #4  
Old 10-01-11, 06:08 PM
Unmanagable's Avatar
Unmanagable Unmanagable is offline
Societal Malarkey Sorter
 

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Over Yonder in the USA
Posts: 15,709
Thanks: 34,988
Thanked 17,793 Times in 8,904 Posts
Unmanagable has disabled reputation
Re: Opportunity Strikes Anonymouslyadd!

Being the state of the economy is in the shape it is, I would highly suggest going for the employment. If part-time is an option, go with that and ease into it, but if full-time is the only option, I'd have a real hard time not accepting it, especially if it was something I love to do. As a good friend of mine says, S*** don't happen for no reason, ya' know?" That opportunity arrived for a reason.

Scaling back on the volunteering and asking them to work around the class you've already paid for seems like one of the best options, in my opinion, but I'm not sure of the level of your involvment in each.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unmanagable For This Useful Post:
ADDisme2010 (10-09-11), anonymouslyadd (10-09-11)
  #5  
Old 10-01-11, 06:23 PM
soccerboy's Avatar
soccerboy soccerboy is offline
ADDvanced Member
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: bay area, california
Posts: 119
Blog Entries: 4
Thanks: 49
Thanked 53 Times in 34 Posts
soccerboy has a spectacular aura aboutsoccerboy has a spectacular aura about
Re: Opportunity Strikes Anonymouslyadd!

In canada you can collect unemployment and work? Lucky! I would suggest a trial period/ part-time period. If you are really taxed for time already maybe its time to reevaluate how much time you spend on each thing. I suggest reading 4 hour work week, its a good resource for cutting out the bs. Its not about working 4 hours a week like the title suggests, but it's about utilizing your own powers and spending time on things that matter in the scope of each commitment.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to soccerboy For This Useful Post:
anonymouslyadd (10-09-11), Unmanagable (10-01-11)
  #6  
Old 10-01-11, 06:41 PM
anonymouslyadd's Avatar
anonymouslyadd anonymouslyadd is offline
Moderator of all seasons
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: .
Posts: 14,375
Blog Entries: 35
Thanks: 16,632
Thanked 16,267 Times in 8,229 Posts
anonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Opportunity Strikes Anonymouslyadd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR549 View Post
1. How much time does being a staff writer involve? Can you do this in the evening? On the weekend?
I usually have to go to an event (hour), or I have to interview someone (hour). The writing part takes the longest.

Quote:
2. Homework? How much time do you spend doing that?
I have an assignment due this thursday. I'm not sure yet. I think it's about 500 words. Maybe I should time how long this takes me? Also, I wonder if it would be too late to withdrawal. I wonder if I should consider that.

Quote:
3. How much time does Toastmasters require?
Toastmasters is every monday night from 7:30-9p.m. I would like to mix in a speech every now and then too. Speeches take me a lot of time so I might have to take my time with them if I take the position.

Quote:
4. Would this new job require you to work extra hours or on the weekends?
The details I know are scarce. I think he wants to "try" me out part time and then move me to full time if we both like each other. More than likely the work will be during the week because I'll be getting in touch with local media. That's when they are working. Perhaps, they would have a special event or something on the weekend, but I'd bank on having to do work on the regular week.

Quote:
5. The volunteer organizations, are they during the day or evening?
One of the volunteer positions is whenever I want, but I'm seriously considering scrapping that. The other one is kind of flexible too.


Quote:
If you had to cut back on the hours you volunteered or stop volunteering, even temporarily, would you be able to do that? I ask this last bit because I know how important (personally) involvement with certain organizations can be. As far as the class is concerned, it's possible that once you explain your situation, he will allow you to work around your class.
I can cut off one of the volunteer things. The other one I can't. I need to meet up with him a couple times a month (the weekends are fine). I also need to call him on the weeks we don't meet up.

Quote:
I think that it's possible to have the job, work as a staff writer and take a course. I don't know about the volunteering and Toastmasters. Only because I don't know what's involved or the time required for these. I do know that many volunteer organizations can require a lot of a person's time. What you probably don't want to do is have every minute of every day so crammed full of deadlines and obligations that you start hating what you do and feel trapped and emotionally exhausted.
I agree. I could probably due toastmasters every other week. The challenge with that is that they always have these roles to fill. Since I tend to come in early, I get asked to fill a role. This can be so taxing for me as they will ask me to do things that are very stressful. I end up doing them, because I have a hard time saying no.

I've just been hitting my stride with toastmasters. I would hate to let that lag.

Quote:
You love to write. The class isn't an on-going, 4-5 year commitment, right? So that will be over at some point. You enjoy Toastmasters and it has really been beneficial for you. Can you take a step back from that for a while if need be? Do you feel comfortable doing that? If you give up volunteering or something else that brings you happiness will you be okay with that right now?
The course will be over in December. I can take a step back off of Toastmasters. I'm not sure if I feel comfortable doing that. I don't know what they would say. I always worry about those kinds of things. Are they going to be disappointed with me? I've already taken some time off before.

If I give up something that brings me happyness.....hmmmmmmmm. I guess I can handle it for now.

The key for me is to make the most of this opportunity. There's a lot of writing, and it's not long writing either.

Quote:
At some point you'll have to have a job because unemployment will run out. It's always good when the job finds you first. Especially in this economy. Is this something that you really want to do? Something that you might really enjoy? Could this lead to something better down the road or possibly give you some more experience? There are a lot of people who could manage to have the job, take the class, volunteer, write for the paper, be involved in Toastmasters and not be overwhelmed. I already know that I couldn't mange it.
Yes, the unemployment will run out. I really think I will enjoy this position. I'm not crazy about it being about books, but I think it would be a great foot in the door. You have to spend time on the phones too, and I'm good on the phone.

See, I've tried doing a million things before, and I ended up feeling burned out and miserable.

Quote:
Make a list of pros and cons of taking the job. Think about whether you really want this job. Then think about the time you spend with the other things. If it doesn't look like you can manage everything and you still want the job, think about what you could or would be willing to eliminate or cut back on. It wouldn't have to be a permanent thing. When the class is over, that will free up some time and then you can gradually increase the time you spend with these things.
Great advice.

Quote:
A new job can be a lot of work the first few months. Take into consideration how tired you might be when you come home in the evening. Having extra obligations to attend to during that time may cause you to get burned out on everything.
I know. It will be work. I agree.
__________________
You must be the person you have never had the courage to be. Gradually, you will discover that you are that person, but until you can see this clearly, you must pretend and invent.

~Paulo Coelho
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to anonymouslyadd For This Useful Post:
buddy (10-02-11), peripatetic (10-03-11), Unmanagable (10-01-11)
  #7  
Old 10-01-11, 06:49 PM
anonymouslyadd's Avatar
anonymouslyadd anonymouslyadd is offline
Moderator of all seasons
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: .
Posts: 14,375
Blog Entries: 35
Thanks: 16,632
Thanked 16,267 Times in 8,229 Posts
anonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Opportunity Strikes Anonymouslyadd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unmanagable View Post
Being the state of the economy is in the shape it is, I would highly suggest going for the employment. If part-time is an option, go with that and ease into it, but if full-time is the only option, I'd have a real hard time not accepting it, especially if it was something I love to do. As a good friend of mine says, S*** don't happen for no reason, ya' know?" That opportunity arrived for a reason.

Scaling back on the volunteering and asking them to work around the class you've already paid for seems like one of the best options, in my opinion, but I'm not sure of the level of your involvment in each.
I agree with you. The opportunity was peculiar. I didn't even go there looking for a job. I was just browsing, talking to people, and wandering. I saw this table there with Public Relations on it, and it peaked my interest.

I went up to the guy, and I told him about my interest. He said he was hiring. I said, "I'm going to go home and get my resume. How late will you be here?" He was extremely impressed.

I'll eliminate one volunteer thing. I'll see if he would be willing to work around my school schedule and staff writing responsibilies until the semester ends.

Do you think I would be asking for too much?
__________________
You must be the person you have never had the courage to be. Gradually, you will discover that you are that person, but until you can see this clearly, you must pretend and invent.

~Paulo Coelho
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anonymouslyadd For This Useful Post:
buddy (10-02-11), Unmanagable (10-01-11)
  #8  
Old 10-01-11, 07:03 PM
BR549's Avatar
BR549 BR549 is offline
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate
 

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: lost continent of Atlantis
Posts: 12,352
Thanks: 18,461
Thanked 12,149 Times in 7,190 Posts
BR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Opportunity Strikes Anonymouslyadd!

If he wants to try you out part time in the beginning, then there probably won't be a problem with him working around your school schedule. I don't think it's too much to ask for considering it's part time in the beginning. Plus, by the time the course ends, he may decide he wants you full time. That's only two months away.

I think that if you get in there and really like it, you'll know what you can and want to cut back on doing or give up. If you don't like it, it was still a great opportunity and experience. Plus, you've possibly added another contact for your resume.
__________________
I really didn't say everything I said.
"A.L.W."
"R.T.C."



"no talk
no, talk
Punctuation is important"
~Abi
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BR549 For This Useful Post:
anonymouslyadd (10-01-11), buddy (10-02-11), Unmanagable (10-01-11)
  #9  
Old 10-01-11, 07:41 PM
Unmanagable's Avatar
Unmanagable Unmanagable is offline
Societal Malarkey Sorter
 

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Over Yonder in the USA
Posts: 15,709
Thanks: 34,988
Thanked 17,793 Times in 8,904 Posts
Unmanagable has disabled reputation
Re: Opportunity Strikes Anonymouslyadd!

Ditto what BR said!! I think he will continue to be impressed with you as you effectively communicate what it'll take to make this opportunity successful for both of you. This is exciting! I'm so happy for you!

A couple of your comments about the Toastmasters concern me in knowing that you're feeling really apprehensive about scaling back your time with them. I totally understand where you're coming from because I tend to have similar feelings once I commit to volunteering with someting:

Quote:
Since I tend to come in early, I get asked to fill a role. This can be so taxing for me as they will ask me to do things that are very stressful. I end up doing them, because I have a hard time saying no.
Quote:
I can take a step back off of Toastmasters. I'm not sure if I feel comfortable doing that. I don't know what they would say. I always worry about those kinds of things. Are they going to be disappointed with me? I've already taken some time off before.
I'm sure they would be very understanding and supportive of you needing more time to pursue a career goal. Remind yourself that you aren't going to be letting anyone down. If anything, each of these areas will begin to greatly enhance the other and your contributions will continue to be very significant to them.

Last edited by Unmanagable; 10-01-11 at 07:43 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Unmanagable For This Useful Post:
anonymouslyadd (10-01-11), BR549 (10-01-11), buddy (10-02-11)
  #10  
Old 10-01-11, 07:55 PM
Lunacie's Avatar
Lunacie Lunacie is offline
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: south-central Kansas
Posts: 19,976
Thanks: 21,794
Thanked 27,038 Times in 12,619 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Opportunity Strikes Anonymouslyadd!

BR has given some good advice. I'll keep my fingers crossed for the best
outcome possible, and a good balance in all you want to do. Good luck!
__________________
ADD is not a problem of knowing what to do; it is a problem of doing what you know.
-RUSSELL A. BARKLEY, PH.D.


As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
anonymouslyadd (10-01-11), buddy (10-02-11), danelady (10-01-11), Unmanagable (10-01-11)
  #11  
Old 10-01-11, 08:29 PM
anonymouslyadd's Avatar
anonymouslyadd anonymouslyadd is offline
Moderator of all seasons
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: .
Posts: 14,375
Blog Entries: 35
Thanks: 16,632
Thanked 16,267 Times in 8,229 Posts
anonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Opportunity Strikes Anonymouslyadd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unmanagable View Post
A couple of your comments about the Toastmasters concern me in knowing that you're feeling really apprehensive about scaling back your time with them. I totally understand where you're coming from because I tend to have similar feelings once I commit to volunteering with someting.
I get nervous when I get involved in conversations such as these. The people in my speaking group are generally understanding. I can't describe how I feel right now.

What I would hope to feel like is This is what I need to do. If you don't like it **** you. This isn't what happens with me.

I kind of thought my anxiety over these situations was due to some of the confrontations I've had as a child. My dad raising his voice (really getting in my face) when I was a kid. My mom made me confront my dad when I was a young kid. I had to tell him that I wasn't going to go on visitation with him. To this day, I recall that anxiety.

Quote:
I'm sure they would be very understanding and supportive of you needing more time to pursue a career goal. Remind yourself that you aren't going to be letting anyone down. If anything, each of these areas will begin to greatly enhance the other and your contributions will continue to be very significant to them
Maybe. They really don't have a choice. They just really need active people, and I was hoping to contribute more. Maybe, that will have to wait. I gotta follow the money.
__________________
You must be the person you have never had the courage to be. Gradually, you will discover that you are that person, but until you can see this clearly, you must pretend and invent.

~Paulo Coelho
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anonymouslyadd For This Useful Post:
buddy (10-02-11), Unmanagable (10-01-11)
  #12  
Old 10-01-11, 08:30 PM
anonymouslyadd's Avatar
anonymouslyadd anonymouslyadd is offline
Moderator of all seasons
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: .
Posts: 14,375
Blog Entries: 35
Thanks: 16,632
Thanked 16,267 Times in 8,229 Posts
anonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Opportunity Strikes Anonymouslyadd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
BR has given some good advice. I'll keep my fingers crossed for the best
outcome possible, and a good balance in all you want to do. Good luck!
Thank you Lunacie! I agree.
__________________
You must be the person you have never had the courage to be. Gradually, you will discover that you are that person, but until you can see this clearly, you must pretend and invent.

~Paulo Coelho
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-01-11, 08:31 PM
anonymouslyadd's Avatar
anonymouslyadd anonymouslyadd is offline
Moderator of all seasons
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: .
Posts: 14,375
Blog Entries: 35
Thanks: 16,632
Thanked 16,267 Times in 8,229 Posts
anonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Opportunity Strikes Anonymouslyadd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nnnnnn View Post
It woud be cool if they employed you part time, like working 4 days a week or less and leaving you one day so that you can go to class, or two afternoon free to go to class and do other things.
I'll take advice from a kid in college. I would like three days, but we'll see. I don't even know what they pay.
__________________
You must be the person you have never had the courage to be. Gradually, you will discover that you are that person, but until you can see this clearly, you must pretend and invent.

~Paulo Coelho
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-01-11, 09:01 PM
KronarTheBlack's Avatar
KronarTheBlack KronarTheBlack is offline
Forum Guru
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 792
Thanks: 84
Thanked 680 Times in 370 Posts
KronarTheBlack is a splendid one to beholdKronarTheBlack is a splendid one to beholdKronarTheBlack is a splendid one to beholdKronarTheBlack is a splendid one to beholdKronarTheBlack is a splendid one to beholdKronarTheBlack is a splendid one to beholdKronarTheBlack is a splendid one to beholdKronarTheBlack is a splendid one to behold
Re: Opportunity Strikes Anonymouslyadd!

I would take it. If it doesn't suit you after a week or two you can always quit. Nothing ventured nothing gained as they say.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-01-11, 09:38 PM
anonymouslyadd's Avatar
anonymouslyadd anonymouslyadd is offline
Moderator of all seasons
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: .
Posts: 14,375
Blog Entries: 35
Thanks: 16,632
Thanked 16,267 Times in 8,229 Posts
anonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Opportunity Strikes Anonymouslyadd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KronarTheBlack View Post
I would take it. If it doesn't suit you after a week or two you can always quit. Nothing ventured nothing gained as they say.
Thanks for the advice. It's a tricky situation. I'm on unemployment, and I have to be careful.
__________________
You must be the person you have never had the courage to be. Gradually, you will discover that you are that person, but until you can see this clearly, you must pretend and invent.

~Paulo Coelho
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to anonymouslyadd For This Useful Post:
ADDisme2010 (10-09-11)
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Opportunity For Men RhapsodyInBlue Chit-Chat 7 10-25-04 06:27 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) 2003 - 2015 ADD Forums