ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Relationships & Social Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Relationships & Social Issues This forum is for adults with AD/HD to discuss how AD/HD affects personal relationships.

Old 08-18-18, 07:32 PM
ADDvanced Member

cobain67 has a spectacular aura aboutcobain67 has a spectacular aura about
Need some friends

Hey all, I could really use some good friends. Anyone willing to be one one this site?

Hope all is well for everyone...

Regards
Old 08-18-18, 08:06 PM
Committee Member

Emre22 is a glorious beacon of lightEmre22 is a glorious beacon of lightEmre22 is a glorious beacon of lightEmre22 is a glorious beacon of lightEmre22 is a glorious beacon of lightEmre22 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Need some friends

You are looking for cyber friendships?
Old 08-19-18, 03:45 AM
ADDvanced Member

BrandyDW is a jewel in the roughBrandyDW is a jewel in the roughBrandyDW is a jewel in the rough

I’ll be your friend

On Adderall for ADHD, lyrica for Fibromyalgia, lexapro and viibryd for depression and anxiety, cosentyx for psoriasis, cyclosporine for IC,
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-18, 10:40 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 10,636 Times in 5,748 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

Understand need for friends at same time im at point like why bother ....it seems people more then half the time end up weirdos phony or ya heartbreakingly find out it was only what was in it for them and I got used once again ..not fun at all :-(
Old 08-26-18, 01:51 AM

Thanked 1,555 Times in 856 Posts
finallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond repute

Me too. Making friends at this stage (48yo/SWF) is very hard. I told my therapist that it's like I moved but I didn't.

I have made nice acquaintances by going to various Meetup groups. Look up Meetup.com and take a look. It can be really helpful and low pressure. I hope to gain some real friends there eventually! I sometimes go out to dinner with much older people in my apartment building which nice and low key. I don't know that we are friends or just acquaintances which is fine with me. I think we all just need some human contact more than anything so it's ok!

I'm always curious about others having no friends thing since I am going through it too. I had great friends but I hit the wall/had a breakdown and don't talk to anyone from my "former life."
Shame derives it's power from being unspeakable.
Shame corrodes the very part of us that believes we are capable of change.
Shame cannot survive being spoken. It can't survive empathy.

The Following User Says Thank You to finallyfound10 For This Useful Post:
Rebelyell (08-26-18)
Old 08-26-18, 02:23 PM

DUBL07 is on a distinguished road

Same here 38 single male. I have almost zero friends. And the few who are friendly towards me i never hang out with. Some i see once or twice a year. i joined my local ADHD adult group. But nobody shows up. I had hoped i would meet some nice people there. I have always struggled to make friends and keep them. I love the comment it's like you moved but didn't. I feel that way towards the people i "know". I'ts like i don't see them for months and when we do hang out i'm like "who the hell are you" haha. And i want real friends. People who will go catch a movie or go out to eat and chat. Just normal stuff. And I often meet people who are just terrible. I can't even tell you the number of times I have been asked for money. Either way you go it destroys the friendship. You say no then they stop talking to you. You say yes they never ever pay you back. Why oh why is it so hard to just have a small circle of friends?
The Following User Says Thank You to DUBL07 For This Useful Post:
Rebelyell (08-26-18)
Old 08-26-18, 07:31 PM

Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

I was picked on bullied made fun of in school.soo i put a wall up n avoided people very apprehensive of people to this day as they all start out ok n alot of them end up being weird very quick.Any way I did my own stuff thru my 20s until I got to my late 30s.I don't know what changed or clicked but one night it hit me like a ton of bricks that I had no one barely to kick around with and it really really depressed me that I let it get that far being oblivious of things...I spent months back in 02trying to find a adhd group only to find out the local hospitals don't have any of those support groups I ain't driving 50 miles for one pfft nope...
Old 08-26-18, 07:35 PM

To this day people tell me your going dirtbiking in the woods alone or jet skiing by yourself are you crazy??! Nope but I'm not waiting for life to happen or the excuses of co workers or aquitances my.wife this my kids that I gotta work or do something this weekend etc.I'm not waiting till 80 for you to join me..my reply I try to be careful n if its my time to bite it n go so be it .it ain't a sin dying doing something you enjoy n.ill be with mom.n dad again....