ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-13, 02:39 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 6,302 Times in 3,471 Posts
silivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond repute
a happy news ramble (tired brain ramble)

firstly (and this has little to do with anything this post is about), there is a mouse that has taken up residence under/around my stove. two of my cats are going nuts, and now i have to bleach all the pans that were under there. gross.

secondly. today i did something that mortified my anxiety-ridden brain. i swear i've become such a freaking scaredy-cat lately, it's embarrassing. anyway, i called to a mental health facility to set up an appt to get everything evaluated and hopefully straightened out.

the last time i went to my doc asking about a med change, his exact words were, "why do you need meds anyway? what do you do that you have to focus on" .... i wanted to throw a book at him. i don't know if he was being sarcastic or serious, but either way, it really annoyed me.

i regress.

i'd emailed the facility a couple weeks ago and of course they never emailed me back... i think it was purposeful. but i sucked it up and called because no one will do it for me... and if they did, i think i'd be so overly offended i might never forgive them. or if i did, i'd never forget it.

and the stupid receptionist at the doctor's office was so... snarky when i told her the message. i doubt it's that i'm touchy and hungry and beyond exhausted today... her voice was that really snarky, teenager-esque "oookaaaaaay" ...

this is seeming really discombobulated, so i'm going to end it with happy news (more i suppose). i bought myself a vet med a&p coloring book all these bones, systems, cells, muscles, etc and so forth are getting all jumbled up in my brain and i'm about to explode. figured coloring would (a) calm me down and (b) help me learn it ... and it's better than having to find that animal and poke at it don't think cows would appreciate that. neither would any of my pets. except maybe my dogs.

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
Old 01-30-13, 04:33 PM
Mr. BllVt

Thanked 17,967 Times in 9,011 Posts
dvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond repute
Re: a happy news ramble (tired brain ramble)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silivrentoliel View Post
i bought myself a vet med a&p coloring book all these bones, systems, cells, muscles, etc and so forth are getting all jumbled up in my brain and i'm about to explode. figured coloring would (a) calm me down and (b) help me learn it ... and it's better than having to find that animal and poke at it don't think cows would appreciate that. neither would any of my pets. except maybe my dogs.
[thinking like a dog] Ooo! Scratch this bit next! Do it again!!! [/thinking like a dog]

Cool idea with the colouring book.

I hope the people you work with at that place are all much better than the snarky receptionist.
Old 01-30-13, 08:25 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 6,302 Times in 3,471 Posts
silivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: a happy news ramble (tired brain ramble)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdnvwls View Post
[thinking like a dog] Ooo! Scratch this bit next! Do it again!!! [/thinking like a dog]
yup, exactly like my two

Quote:
Cool idea with the colouring book.
I do too! I thought it was a silly idea at first, but I am starting to really see the benefit of something like that... especially for such an intense class

Quote:
I hope the people you work with at that place are all much better than the snarky receptionist.
I guess I ought to have clarified... didn't think too... the snarky woman was at my doctor's office... the people at the facility were super nice. The receptionists at my doctor's office are always kinda snarky, never this much so though... o well.

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
Sponsored Links