ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adult Diagnosis & Treatment
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adult Diagnosis & Treatment This forum is for the discussion of issues related to the diagnosis of AD/HD

Old 12-02-17, 07:56 AM
ADDvanced Member

ritalin_ADDict is on a distinguished road
what country

Hi, I have Idea to fly away to some country( was thinking india) and try out all the meds I need to so that I can function again, do like 30 sessions once a week with cheep psychiatrists. The alternative is to quit my job, stay in my country with ridiculous living expenses and pay for psychiatrists and **** all along avoiding any social interaction with my friends and family.
So I was thinking some cheap country where the psychiatrists are cheap and I can figure this out over a lot of sessions with them.
Does this sound like a good idea?
If so what country would you recommend?

Last edited by namazu; 12-02-17 at 02:04 PM.. Reason: language
Old 12-02-17, 08:09 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 20,481 Times in 11,992 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute
Re: what country

It sounds good in theory but in practice, how are you going to move to a new country? Have you got a passport? Enough money to live on in a new country? Somewhere to move into in the new country so you have a roof over our head?

A lot of people think the UK is good but in practice mental healthcare here is pretty crap.
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
Hope you all have a beautiful day
"Keep your dreams alive, dreaming is still how the strong survive" Oliver and Company (Disney)
Old 12-02-17, 11:54 AM
ADDvanced Member

ritalin_ADDict is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar View Post
It sounds good in theory but in practice, how are you going to move to a new country? Have you got a passport? Enough money to live on in a new country? Somewhere to move into in the new country so you have a roof over our head?

A lot of people think the UK is good but in practice mental healthcare here is pretty crap.
I live in Israel. To the best of my knowledge and from my personal experience I have to say that the best psychiatrists in the world are in the united states, but they aren't cheap. personally I would pay 300$ a session and meds aren't cheap as well. I am not going to move, just buy a plane ticket and visit a country for a few months.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-17, 12:36 PM

Arthos is a jewel in the roughArthos is a jewel in the roughArthos is a jewel in the rough

You seem to be contradicting yourself. Either you are looking for a cheap way of getting meds (your first post) or you want to pay whatever (your last post).

In pretty much any country you are looking at private healthcare, which is indeed unlikely to be cheap. Especially not factoring in the costs of a long-term stay in another country.

Are there no psychiatrists in Israel that are familiar with adult ADD?
The Following User Says Thank You to Arthos For This Useful Post:
namazu (12-02-17)