ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Vyvanse
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine dimesylate)

Old 05-12-19, 10:03 AM

Knux0o0 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Question about vyvanse

I apologize for the long story ahead of time.

I’m newly diagnosed ADHD type 1 ( inattentive ). I started on concerta but kept having bad crashes that put me in horribly bad moods so I asked for a different medication and was put on vyvanse. I started on 20mg the first month and every month thereafter the dose was increased until we hit 60mg which was the perfect dose. After being on 60mg for a month the year rolled over and my insurance quit covering it. I was then prescribed adderall 15mg 4 times a day for 2 months until I could get on shirecare. Adderall worked fine but it felt like an assault on my brain. After 2 months I was approved for shirecare and started taking the 60mg vyvanse again except this time I had absolutely no effects from it. I thought it was just a bad batch of pills and waited to get the next month of pills. Well, this month of pills is doing absolutely nothing for me either. Does anyone know what the reasoning could possibly be?
Old 05-15-19, 04:05 PM

italianstallion is on a distinguished road
Re: Question about vyvanse

I had a similar experience when being prescribed 60mg vyvanse, then not taking it for a couple months. When I started taking it again, I felt the same way as you.

You might want to try working your way back up or taking smaller doses. Have you spoken with your doctor and if so what advice did they give?