ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 05-12-19, 01:11 PM

Mac4life30 is on a distinguished road
Question Is it really Adderal..Negative Experience

I went to the doctor after having several co workers suggest i talk to the doctor about Adderal... I have always had a difficult time focosing/concentrating... Being engaged in a conversation and actually hearing what was being said to me.... trying to read and not missing things becuase my eyes were moving faster than what i was actually seeing or understanding.... To this date I have never actually been able to read a book becuase after one paragrah my mind wonders elsewhere...

In any case I spent 2 months trying to get Adderall... It seemed like some semi illegal substance that I had to jump through several hoops for... Once I finally got it I looked up the photo of the pill online and I could tell I was given a generic pill ( i have a long gel clear time realease capsule) called Amphetamine Salts... The doctor gave me 10mg to start off with and said if I felt it didnt work to take 2 pills a day rather than one.. This way when I went back in 30 days she could prescribe the correct amount...

Long story short.. How in the world is this addictive??? I have never felt so horrible in my life!! For starters after taking one or even two pills I honestly do not notice any changes in me.. I do not feel any more focused nore do I feel any type of "high" or effect one would imagine such a controlled drug has... I feel nothing with the exception of 8 hours later... Not sure if its the crash or the effects finally kicking in.. I feel nauseous to the point i need to lay down.... This feeling can sometimes linger days after I took the pilll....
So though yes I am going back to the Doctor this week.... I was wondering if anyone else here had any experience with this medication.. Is it because its the generic version?
Old 05-12-19, 11:04 PM
Contributor

qanda will become famous soon enough
Re: Is it really Adderal..Negative Experience

My daughter started Adderall XR (generic) a couple weeks ago. She had tried it a few months back and got nauseous all day from it so after a couple days stopped. Now she eats just before she takes her pill in the morning. She is not a morning eater, so while we read protein is best to eat with Adderall, she eats a half of slice of toast & that has worked to prevent nausea. Are you eating anything when you first take it?
Old 05-12-19, 11:22 PM

Mac4life30 is on a distinguished road

yes i usually have egg whites/toast or english muffin and coffee for breakfast...
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-19, 04:39 PM

italianstallion is on a distinguished road

The generic can definitely differ greatly. I've been prescribed the same one you are taking and can vividly picture exactly what it looks like. You might want to try the brand name before you totally dismiss adderall. I've read that the generic can have a 30% different make up.
Old 05-16-19, 04:52 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,009 Times in 15,307 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

So were you diagnosed with adhd or something else? Is you doc treating you for adhd or another disorder?

I carried a watermelon?
Old 05-16-19, 04:55 PM
Contributor

wonderboy has a spectacular aura aboutwonderboy has a spectacular aura about

When the generic firm decides to produce a product and submit a ANDAto the FDA, The bioequivalency testing is conducted by the firm, with very little oversight by the FDA.

A. POOR EXTERNAL VALIDITY:

When generic companies conduct tests concerning bioequivalency, they may only have less than 10 to 15 individuals, and within the population,there may not be anyone older than 60.

This is a example of poor external validity

B. Generic firm results not made available to public

Why not.....????

C. Poor FDA oversight regarding the generic firm’s testing

Remember when you were in middle school,
and the teacher said:

“You can just grade your own test”

That is very much what it is like with respect to FDA oversight with regard to Bioequivalency

D. Inspection by the FDA of the plants in Third World countries

Yes… Most generics are made there, and God knows what the quality is like

E[b]. + or -25% Bioequivalency (Hatch-Waxman act 1984)
The Following User Says Thank You to wonderboy For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (05-16-19)