ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-19, 11:46 PM
ADDvanced Member

Drogheda98 has a spectacular aura aboutDrogheda98 has a spectacular aura about
I am understanding myself a lot more, mind is quite, and synchronicity is strange and

Yo everyone on the boards, just checking in, really to kind of journal down some these thoughts the past 5 or 6 months. and, I always like to share my experiences.

"it really happened" were the last words I've said to my therapist, going back next week. "This is my mother, That is my Father sitting at the the table, I want to be a Father just like my Father but to be a Better Man than Him" ever sense it's like a lightbulb, a bridge in my mind lit up and arouse at the same time., all of a sudden, the conceptual thought of modular behavior, engagement in behavior, and commitment to behavior became, clear to me.

about 4 months ago I went on a trip upnorth, Chicago. I could of stayed at trump towers but nah, here is an example of synchronicity and how bizarre it is. about a month prior were PBL (business club in college) state competition and I competed in public speaking, all the while, I read an article about the speech to the primal horde, and the lion king was on and at the same time the speach was about healthy courage, healthy self esteem and the role of empathy and working together in any business domain (that empathy was basically coarse correction). in therapy, the model UDS(I think the name is the UDS) was that of a ship. when I wrote the speech and, oddly enough given the actual trifecta model of the psychological process, gave the speech in front of 3 judges, at that time I started assimilating language in symbolic thought. the primal horde concept is basicly giving up the notion of aggressive leadership to the notion of effective leadership.

I got in the 90%, going to nationals to compete.

so when I was in Chicago planning out were I was going to stay I stayed at wyndom in Wisconsin. the lady on the line and I had a good laugh when I said my middle Initial was I. however, it was then that the notion of synchronicity really started syncing in, because I was a member I had access to a 5 day stay at a number of locations for a 2 hour promotional thing, for free. She said somewhere in texas and I said "ya, thatel work" I find out later that the location in texas is were nationals are going to be held and our pbl group is going to be staying, and then for some reason I get to stay at another wyndom place somewhere else. now you all might be thinking I had previous access to this information but I didn't, I just signed the waver last week.

so from what I've written, it might seem like things are headed in parallel, and I believe they are. it's I believe, the evolution of thought, it's also, from my reading of lacanian pshychology and from a whole lot of other positions from a whole lot of other pshychologists, it's the crystallization of the (un)conscious. I have access to a lot more emotions than I did in the past, top down, bottom up. I remember telling others that , that's the way, and then I watched a jordan peterson video in which he said that is the way, that is the thing.

I also rewatched a favorite tv show of mine, Fringe and I understood the show in a much more psychologically profound level. I also understand as freaking weird as term as it is, the phallic symbol. how tv shows like doctor who, movies and books harry potter and star wars, why the doctor has a sonicscrewdriver, cause the doctor could never nail anything down, harry had a magic wand cause his parents never showed him the magic in life, luke skywalker had a lightsaber because he could never get a handle on things, I have a camera, cause my parents failed to give me the big picture.

however, now things are adding up, coming together, making sense. I feel like I'm really developing, I can envision it, the big picture, I can relate through experience as of I could tell you all on the boards about courage and self esteem and how you can develop and do so without looking in a mirror.

my question now is, to any of you who might have an answer, what do I do with the camera? before any of you answer I actually enjoy photography and have become really good at it and think I could actually make some money on the side with it
Old 05-18-19, 12:24 AM
ADDvanced Member

Drogheda98 has a spectacular aura aboutDrogheda98 has a spectacular aura about
Re: I am understanding myself a lot more, mind is quite, and synchronicity is strange

also, in the first paragraph of the speech I used the phrase "courage is that voice in us all that says, I wonder what is beyond the next horizon."

and, I followed my gut and looked it up, and... ya, holy crap ya. it's a really touch subject to actually articulate however

https://www.researchgate.net/publica..._practitioners

the quote that struck me like a ton of bricks "Synchronicity and meaningful coincidences are termsthat are often used interchangeably in the literatureto account for experiences where there is apsychologically meaningful connection between aninner event (such as a thought, vision or feeling) andone or more external events occurring simultaneously(Jung, 1952/1973). More recently, Main (2007, p. 14)described four criteria that needed to be met if acoincidence were to qualify as an instance ofsynchronicity1) ‘two or more events parallel one another throughhaving identical, similar or comparable content;(2) there is no discernible or plausible way in whichthis paralleling could be the result of normal causes;(3) the paralleling must be sufficiently unlikely anddetailed as to be notable;(4) the experience must be meaningful beyond beingnotable’.This broader definition includes experiences thatfall outside of Jung’s original characterisation so thatsynchronicities may involve two or more inner events(e.g. two people reporting the same dream on thesame night which has some sort of shared meaningbetween them) or two or more external events (e.g.

(PDF) Synchronicity in the therapeutic setting: A survey of practitioners.