ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 10-06-13, 08:46 PM

ADHDPosterChild is on a distinguished road
Should I switch to Adderall?

I have tried Concerta, Focalin, and Vyvanse and their effects all seem to fade greatly. I have read a lot of good things about Adderall but my doctor never seems to bring it up.
Old 10-10-13, 03:23 PM

sampson is just really nicesampson is just really nicesampson is just really nicesampson is just really nice
Re: Should I switch to Adderall?

yes, i would mention it to your doctor. adderall is one of the most effective/popular drugs for treating adhd.
Old 10-11-13, 03:27 PM
Jr Member

cymbrix is on a distinguished road

my pdoc gave me strattera, then focalin which was too expensive because of my deductible. The only ones I could afford were generic ritalin and adderall so he put me on ritalin. He told me to do research on adhd. So I told him that from what I saw, different drugs work better for different people, and I asked if i could try adderall to see if it worked better. He was like yeah, here's your adderall script.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-13, 10:15 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Nate W has much to be proud ofNate W has much to be proud ofNate W has much to be proud ofNate W has much to be proud ofNate W has much to be proud ofNate W has much to be proud ofNate W has much to be proud ofNate W has much to be proud ofNate W has much to be proud ofNate W has much to be proud of

I have found the mixed amphetamine salts (Adderall) to be longer lasting than Vyvanse. You can multiple dose the Adderall throughout the day with the IR tablets and I think it is less costly than Vyvanse. I have taken both.

--Nate
Old 10-15-13, 12:08 PM

AMYEG is on a distinguished road

I was on Vyvanse and found it wasn't working that well, but I liked how long it lasted without the crash.
I talked to my doctor and since adderall is best for ADD Inattentive Type he kept me on Vyvnase (lower dose) and added Adderall. The combo works great for me. I get the motivation and zap out of my trance like inattentiveness as well as the focus and calm feeling without any crash at all.
I take 20 mg Vyvanse and 10mg Adderall XR at 6:30 am and the same at 12 or 1 and I get tired and ready to relax by 8 or 9.
Old 10-18-13, 08:20 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Nate W has much to be proud ofNate W has much to be proud ofNate W has much to be proud ofNate W has much to be proud ofNate W has much to be proud ofNate W has much to be proud ofNate W has much to be proud ofNate W has much to be proud ofNate W has much to be proud ofNate W has much to be proud of

I just tried that combo last weekend. I have a few Vyvanse left over from a trial a couple of years ago. It was quite nice. By nice, I mean very effective for my ADHD and I got 12 hours of coverage (Vynanse gives 5-6). I took a 40 mg Vyvanse at 6:00 a.m. and four hours later took 10 mg Adderall followed by another 5 mg four hours later.

For the past two years I took dextroamphetamine (30 to 35 mg/day) and it began loosing effectiveness. So my Dr. put me on "mixed amphetamine salts" up to 40 mg per day and at first it was rough going (nervous and insomnia) so I eased into it by cutting the Adderall with a little dextroamphetamine I just happened to have left over. My total daily dose of stimulant was 30 - 35 mg per day (a normal dose, I do not like to increase the dose. It builds tolerance), and I started with Adderall and at 12 noon I stopped taking Adderall and began dextroamphetamine at 2:00 p.m. and by 4:00 p. I was done medicating for the day. That was two months ago and I am now up to 30 mg Adderall a day and 5 - 10 mg dextroamphetamine. I take 5 mg every 2 hours of instant release tablets (I split the 10s).

The combo works quite well for me.

--Nate