ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > PARENTS OF CHILDREN WITH ADD/ADHD > General Parenting Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

General Parenting Issues The purpose of this forum is to discuss general parenting issues related to children with AD/HD(ADD & ADHD)

Old 09-20-11, 12:17 PM

JamieMichelle is on a distinguished road
Re: You know your child is ADHD when...

Undiagnosed 10 yr old Son - "Mom, when are we leaving?"
Diagnosed Mother - "As soon as we load the car, will you put this in the trunk?"

( Son materializes 5 to 10 feet away, throws a rock or stick in the yard, again, after being told twohundredeleventeen times NOT to! & then Zips back to Mom"

Undiagnosed 10 yr old Son - "Mom, Hey Mom, when are we leaving?"
Diagnosed Mom - "Seriously? LOL? Ahh!"

(Mom starts sweeping driveway... or washing dishes... or... well, you get the point ;-))

Never a dull moment ;-)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JamieMichelle For This Useful Post:
Lady Lark (09-20-11), Rebelyell (12-02-11)
Old 09-20-11, 03:59 PM
ADDvanced Member

katie_c is on a distinguished road

When anything your kindergartener tells you happened at school must be confirmed with an e-mail to the teacher and by the end of the third week of school, 4 such e-mails have had to be sent.
The Following User Says Thank You to katie_c For This Useful Post:
Lady Lark (09-21-11)
Old 09-27-11, 04:38 PM

A-L-H-22-23-13 is on a distinguished road

he is sent to a teacher for bad behavior and goes on his merry little way to a prefered teacher of his choice.

when he delibratley goes beyond the rules in school to be sent to the head teacher just so he can read the books in a big box outside heads office were timeout chair is lol
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-11, 02:54 PM

ltlmiracle is on a distinguished road

My son is 8 and not yet diagnosed but am convinced he has ADHD:

When you shake your head each time the teacher emails you over something he has done and sometimes you laugh out loud.

When the teacher on the 2nd day of school has removed his chair so that he can kneel or stand at his desk.

When he took two pennies and puts them behind the nightlight to see if it will light up the pennies! Thank god he wasn't electrocuted, but then I had to tell the landlord that my vaccum did it! hee hee

He is 8 (almost 9) and still wets the bed each night. I recently found out he thought he was the only kid that still does it until he read the side of the "goodnites" bag. He is much relieved.

When his was 5 and instead of going to the bathroom in the toilet, he just opens the back arcadia door and pees on the patio from inside the house! Great aim kiddo!

When people say "if you bottled his energy, you would be rich!" gee, you think! lol.

When I buy a new Boys and Girls club card almost weekly since he loses it on a daily basis - I have a prepaid account so they can just deduct the money each time.

I have gone thru more binders for his schoolwork since August than I can count since he keeps losing them everywhere!

We have more jackets than we can count because he missplaces them and then a few weeks later they show up in lost and found!

He chews on everything! I have even threatened to get him a chew toy from the pet store as I can't afford to keep buying shirts, pens, pencils and other articles of clothing!

Oh the list goes on and on, LOL!

~Melissa~
The Following User Says Thank You to ltlmiracle For This Useful Post:
Lady Lark (12-03-11)
Old 12-02-11, 04:57 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 26,913 Times in 12,558 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltlmiracle View Post

He chews on everything! I have even threatened to get him a chew toy from the pet store as I can't afford to keep buying shirts, pens, pencils and other articles of clothing!

Oh the list goes on and on, LOL!

~Melissa~

*nods along with most things you've added to the list*

My 10 year old granddaughter, dx with Atypical Autism, chews on every-
thing too. I bought her a baby chew toy (doesn't look baby-ish) but she
didn't take to it. We found out her teacher buys a bunch of those cheap
flexible straws for her to chew on in school, so I did too. Those work
great. I used to chew on drinking straws all the time, and so did my
daughter. Then she started chewing on the ends of ink pens, till she got
ink all over herself. She was an adult at the time.

Oh yeah, there's also a thread like this in the adult section - if you want
to know what the future is going to be like.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
Old 12-03-11, 08:10 PM

Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,847 Posts
Ms. Mango has a reputation beyond reputeMs. Mango has a reputation beyond reputeMs. Mango has a reputation beyond reputeMs. Mango has a reputation beyond reputeMs. Mango has a reputation beyond reputeMs. Mango has a reputation beyond reputeMs. Mango has a reputation beyond reputeMs. Mango has a reputation beyond reputeMs. Mango has a reputation beyond reputeMs. Mango has a reputation beyond reputeMs. Mango has a reputation beyond repute

You go to a restaurant that gives kids an activity book and a small pack of crayons. After studying the menu at the back of the book, DS proceeds to take the yellow crayon and make every single character in the booklet look like it's peeing...

You remove the booklet from him when he switches to the green crayon...

You and your DH laugh and are thankful that there's no brown crayon in the pack....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ms. Mango For This Useful Post:
Lady Lark (12-03-11), LynneC (12-03-11)
Old 12-03-11, 08:15 PM

Ms. Mango has a reputation beyond reputeMs. Mango has a reputation beyond reputeMs. Mango has a reputation beyond reputeMs. Mango has a reputation beyond reputeMs. Mango has a reputation beyond reputeMs. Mango has a reputation beyond reputeMs. Mango has a reputation beyond reputeMs. Mango has a reputation beyond reputeMs. Mango has a reputation beyond reputeMs. Mango has a reputation beyond reputeMs. Mango has a reputation beyond repute

^^^^^You come home from running errands and find that your DH sent DS to his room for a time out. DS expresses his displeasure and creates the Quackermobile by taping a toy duck call to an RC truck. The Quackermobile and it's minions (a fleet of DS's cars) await DH at the top of the stairs.

The stickie on the hood says "I BITE "
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ms. Mango For This Useful Post:
Lady Lark (12-03-11), LynneC (12-03-11)
Old 12-03-11, 09:04 PM

Thanked 4,312 Times in 2,016 Posts
LynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Mango View Post
^^^^^You come home from running errands and find that your DH sent DS to his room for a time out. DS expresses his displeasure and creates the Quackermobile by taping a toy duck call to an RC truck. The Quackermobile and it's minions (a fleet of DS's cars) await DH at the top of the stairs.

The stickie on the hood says "I BITE "
I'd like a visual please! That is very funny...
(did he really call it the Quackermobile, or is that your descriptive?)
Old 12-04-11, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynneC View Post
I'd like a visual please! That is very funny...
(did he really call it the Quackermobile, or is that your descriptive?)
LOL...it's my avatar Lynne! I took the (not very good) picture with my phone because I wanted to make sure I had one before he took it apart. No need to rush though, it stayed that way for a few weeks til the tape snapped and the duck fell off. Then he tried unsuccessfully to superglue it to the roof.

DS often puts notes for us on stickies and sends them to us by RC car--usually stuff like "I love you"--but he was mad that day!

I had to laugh when I saw it--it reminded me of the scene in Animal House when the Delta House entered a parade float that looked like a cake that said "EAT ME" on it.

And yes, DS named it the Quakermobile! It was uber annoying (that duck call was like fingers on a chalkboard) but I kinda miss it. Glad I have the pic!
The Following User Says Thank You to Ms. Mango For This Useful Post:
Lady Lark (12-04-11)
Old 12-04-11, 03:26 PM

Thanked 3,535 Times in 1,808 Posts
Lady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond repute

You use outlet covers, child locks, and a baby monitor looong past the time when "normal" people have packed that stuff away.

I'm really glad that worked. Those would have been terrible last words.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lady Lark For This Useful Post:
Tbearsmum (09-27-12)
Old 12-04-11, 05:02 PM
Jr Member

helpinholly is on a distinguished road

Ha! My son isnt diagnosed yet but that is him to a TEE! Crazy!
Old 12-04-11, 05:10 PM
Jr Member

Im pretty sure my son has ADD because every new school year it takes him 2 months to learn his new "best friends " name, let alone anyone elses name in his class!

This year i bet him 5 bucks to learning 7 kids names. Then of course he does!
Old 12-04-11, 05:13 PM
Jr Member

He gets in the car from being picked up from school and you ask:
"So what did you do or learn today "
And he says:
"Ooohh, nothing"

Lol?! What?!
Old 12-04-11, 05:25 PM

Thanked 1,275 Times in 963 Posts
mildadhd has disabled reputation

When making muffins together,

and the directions say to mix all the ingredients by hand.

And you find your child with his hands buried deep in the muffin mix.

Stirring the batter with his bare hands.
Old 12-04-11, 05:37 PM

Thanked 1,275 Times in 963 Posts
mildadhd has disabled reputation

When you ask the child if they have any homework and the child says "No".
Every day for the whole school year.
Jrzgrl (12-20-11)