ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Recipes
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Recipes Easy recipes for the ADDer & ADD Family

Old 11-23-15, 12:31 AM
ADDvanced Member

intothewind is on a distinguished road
quick healthy vegan snack

This is not winning any culinary awards...but I like it.

Frozen bags of fine chopped
Peas beens carrots. I find the mixes with lima beans more filling. Try other random bits too.

Microwave 1 minute

Drizzle with a tad of olive oil and whatever seasoning you wish.

-
Old 11-23-15, 01:02 AM
Mr. BllVt

Thanked 17,971 Times in 9,012 Posts
dvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond repute
Re: quick healthy vegan snack

Nice and truly simple.

Another vegan snack:

Can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed and drained again

Stir with your favourite flavourings (probably some salt, plus... cayenne pepper? hot sauce? rosemary?) and some oil.

Lay out the seasoned oiled chickpeas on a parchment- or foil-covered baking sheet, and toast them in the oven.
Postmodernism, the school of 'thought' that proclaimed 'There are no truths, only interpretations' has largely played itself out in absurdity, but it has left behind a generation of academics in the humanities disabled by their distrust of the very idea of truth and their disrespect for evidence, settling for 'conversations' in which nobody is wrong and nothing can be confirmed, only asserted with whatever style you can muster.
Old 11-23-15, 09:52 AM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

Thanked 17,793 Times in 8,904 Posts
Unmanagable has disabled reputation

Another vegan snack that I've been partial to as of late is tree ripened fruits and freshly picked ripe veggies. (note - most items in a typical produce section is picked prior to ripening to be able to ship it, so be mindful)

The original "fast" food has proven to be the most convenient for me. Be sure what you eat is truly ripened, or you'll just be ingesting unintentional gut grenades that wreak havoc on your innards. (for example, bananas aren't really ripe until they start getting spots)

"You torment yourself wondering how they could not love your burning heart. And the answer darling, you are not the star you thought you were. You are the f******g universe and not everybody is an astronaut." ~Unknown
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-15, 05:13 PM
ADDvanced Member

Unmanageable: Really? I am all about the green bananas. I try to eat them as soon as you can snap the tops without that awful aftertaste resin coming out. I don't pay attention enough to correlate this with digestive issues.

Oftentimes I buy bananas and end up eating them as I walk back through the parking lot.
Old 11-23-15, 05:14 PM
ADDvanced Member

This will potentially turn it unvegan but one of the best seasonings I've found for this job is Japanese furikake.(dried seasoning usually consisting of seaweed, seeds of various ssp. , shaved salmon or bonito, etc. etc.)
Old 11-23-15, 05:28 PM
ADDvanced Member

Frozen berries are another staple of mine. Similar prep. If I pick fresh berries they go back home and into the freezer too. I know people claim fresh berries taste better but I actually don't think their is much of a difference aside from texture. Rest assured that for every 1 berry that makes it into the bag to go home 20 go straight down the chute

The nice thing about this frozen stuff is it keeps long enough that if you forget about it it won't go off. Unfortunately I tend to go through phases of eating lots of certain things(and I have a really high metabolism) so they tend to disappear pretty fast.

Just don't leave them out or put them in the fridge/cabinet instead!