ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Misc Treatments and Approaches
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-08, 03:01 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Codykins is a splendid one to beholdCodykins is a splendid one to beholdCodykins is a splendid one to beholdCodykins is a splendid one to beholdCodykins is a splendid one to beholdCodykins is a splendid one to beholdCodykins is a splendid one to behold
non-drug treatment success stories please!

My son is in-attentive ADHD and he is 6 and in First Grade. He is a focus and attention problem child, he is not hyperactive at all.

Come 4/28 I will need to decide if I will agree to stimulant medication. I researched, read so many books and keep trying to find the right answers.

I hate the side effects, the long term use, etc. etc. etc I am an active Mom and will do what ever I can to help him through this. As of "today" I am leaning towards non-medication treatments. I am attending my second seminar next well on non-drug alternatives. I am looking at the Feingold diet and researching biofeedback. I feel as though I should try other alternatives first. I ordered "bright spark" and "focus" herbal treatments and will start him on Monday.

I am also thinking vitamin supplements, but can't figure out what to buy.

Anyone who can give some suggestions on alternative treatments please help me with suggestions.

I would love to hear some success stories.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Codykins For This Useful Post:
monastic (09-15-09), Mystc (01-27-09), ozchris (04-09-08), Spongedaddy (08-07-08), Swede63 (03-19-08), Tilly (04-28-08)