ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-03, 08:04 PM
Ghost in the Machine

Thanked 1,633 Times in 574 Posts
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Wanna see a REALLY cool car commercial???

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/honda-ad.html

MUST SEE (put volume ON too)

This new Honda commercial in the UK uses no computer graphics or digital tricks in the film. Everything you see really happened in real time exactly as you see it. The film took 606 takes. On the first 605 takes, something, usually very minor, didn't work. They would then have to set the whole thing up again. The crew spent weeks shooting night and day. By the time it was over, they were ready to change professions. The film cost six million dollars and took three months to complete. It is fast becoming the most downloaded advertisement in Internet history. Honda executives figure the ad will soon pay for itself simply in "free" viewings (Honda isn't paying a dime to have you watch this commercial!).

The filmmakers disassembled two Honda Accords to make the film. Everything you see in the film (aside from the walls, floor, ramp, and complete Honda Accord) are parts from two cars. (And about those funky windshield wipers. On the new Accords, the windshield wipers have water sensors and are designed to start doing their thing automatically as soon as they become wet. It looks a bit weird in the commercial.)

To review the ADD Forums Guidelines, please click here.
Old 03-12-04, 02:43 PM
Ghost in the Machine

Thanked 1,633 Times in 574 Posts
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
STILL an awesome commercial!

To review the ADD Forums Guidelines, please click here.
Old 03-12-04, 04:59 PM
ADDvanced Member

Ace is on a distinguished road
I love it. As a designer, I thank you for the link.

Now, why can't we buy Accord wagons in the U.S.? I love my Prelude (a 1986 that runs great, has only 64 K miles), but I am ready for a new car, and I can't buy the one they show in this great ad!
Old 03-12-04, 08:22 PM
Banned

waywardclam is on a distinguished road
Spiffy...
Old 03-12-04, 08:51 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

pembroke is just really nicepembroke is just really nicepembroke is just really nicepembroke is just really nice
too cool - i went to show it to my college student son, who then informed me he's already seen it some dozen times (c'mon mom, i'm in college....)
Baruch Spinoza

Old 03-12-04, 09:25 PM

fasttalkingmom has a spectacular aura aboutfasttalkingmom has a spectacular aura about
Very Cool........ My 8 year old daughter loved it also !
Old 03-12-04, 10:41 PM
Committee Member

wlfbear27 is on a distinguished road
That was super cool
Old 03-13-04, 04:10 PM

Nucking_Futs has a spectacular aura aboutNucking_Futs has a spectacular aura about
OK last thing I should have done was show it to my 8 year old rip everything apart and see how it works son. He's been eyen my car.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "WOW! What a ride!!"