ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-11, 04:01 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,128 Times in 677 Posts
excel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to behold
Strengths VS. weaknesses

I think it important to focus on your strengths and not your weaknesses. Can you list your strengths. I can't list mine because I haven't found any
Old 04-02-11, 04:14 PM

Thanked 21,938 Times in 7,993 Posts
ginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Strengths VS. weaknesses

Enthusiastic, Respectful, tolerant, generous, caring, practical, considerate, serious, lively, warm, funny, patient, flexible, open, accurate (well I do try) logical, independent, intelligent, honest, straightforward, friendly. Realistic.

I'nm sure there's more..
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ginniebean For This Useful Post:
cantakeitnemore (04-11-11), dally (04-02-11), danelady (04-05-11), itsanADHDthing (04-12-11), Michiko74 (04-06-11), namazu (04-03-11), salleh (04-03-11), Simenora (05-04-11)
Old 04-02-11, 04:31 PM

excel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to behold

I wish I new mine
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-11, 04:47 PM
Contributor

dally is a name known to alldally is a name known to alldally is a name known to alldally is a name known to alldally is a name known to alldally is a name known to all

Ginnie, there ought to be a "Like" button.

Excel, when you look at Ginnie's list, can you honestly (honestly!) say that none of those apply to you?

I've borrowed from Ginnie and changed her list to ones that people have used to describe me:
Loving, intelligent, friendly, imaginative, respectful, tolerant, generous, caring, warm, funny, patient (I really am working on it), flexible, open, accurate, logical, honest, straightforward, supportive, understanding, a leader, spontaneous, capable, brave, gentle, compassionate, thoughtful, creative, kind.
Every summer sun, Every winter evening, Every spring to come, Every autumn leaving, You don't need a reason. Let it all go on and on.
--Roma Ryan
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dally For This Useful Post:
danelady (04-05-11), ginniebean (04-03-11), salleh (04-03-11)
Old 04-02-11, 05:28 PM

Thanked 6,183 Times in 2,917 Posts
Kunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond repute

Curiosity
Ability to think of interesting tangents.
Energy (restlessness)
Refusal to be intellectually or emotionally dominated by others when I am sure of my ground ( oppositionality)
Difficulty in acting in my interests when it will harm the interests of others
( I call it compassion- others call it lack of boundaries)
Good sense of humour ( also good for screening out people whose company I will not enjoy- and who, conversely will not enjoy mine).
Lack of interest in being overorganised.
Sensitivity ( very helpful once I learned to tone it down from hypersensitivity)
Love of logic ( when you have a brain that picks up lots of information and risks continual overload- you have to be logical- so you can keep packing all the knowledge in).
Ability to quickly grasp the true and the interesting, and screen out the dull and the false ( and there is plenty to screen out).

I could go on- but all my ADHD characteristics can be turned to the good if the circumstances are right. Increasingly I am learning the art of optimising the circumstances.

My spiritual path is all about optimising the circumstances, for myself, and for others.

Whenever you see a crowd all rushing in the same direction on any one issue, run in the opposite direction.

There is neither fun nor profit to be had in polishing the brass knobs on a bandwagon.
Nicholas Nasseem Taleb.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kunga Dorji For This Useful Post:
AshT (02-22-13), danelady (04-05-11), ginniebean (04-12-11), namazu (04-03-11)
Old 04-02-11, 05:44 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,243 Times in 699 Posts
Offle is a name known to allOffle is a name known to allOffle is a name known to allOffle is a name known to allOffle is a name known to allOffle is a name known to allOffle is a name known to all

Down to earth (Not sure what it means but all friends I am it)
Easy going
Loyal
Funny
Smart-ish (it depends)
Loving
Optimistic
Eager to please the people I care about.
Sure of myself
True to myself
Sensitive
Tolerant
I attempt to understand others and why they do what they do.
Eager to learn
Slow to judge others, if I judge them at all.
Determined
Hard Working
Bubbly
Nice
Welcoming
Creative/Imaginative
I think outside the box.
Compassionate

That's all I can remember right now. I'm sure you have a lot of strengths too, everyone does. You just have to look for them. My mom says that every day you need to tell yourself three things you like about yourself. Not what other people like but what you like.

"For my part I know nothing with any certainty but the sight of the stars makes me dream."
-- Vincent Van Gogh
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Offle For This Useful Post:
danelady (04-05-11), ginniebean (04-03-11)
Old 04-02-11, 05:50 PM
Moderator of all seasons

Thanked 16,267 Times in 8,229 Posts
anonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond repute

creative
funny
hard-working
courageous
persevering

~Paulo Coelho
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anonymouslyadd For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-11, 07:39 PM

Persistent, determined, never give up, a good listener
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to excel For This Useful Post:
danelady (04-05-11), DeeBird (11-17-13), ginniebean (04-03-11), namazu (04-03-11), Nifferka (04-03-11), Offle (04-03-11), stef (04-03-11)
Old 04-02-11, 07:47 PM

Thanked 7,911 Times in 4,072 Posts
fracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond repute

Driven
Organised (at times)
Open minded (also at times)
Curious
Imaginative
High attention to detail
Intelligent
Tolerant (to a degree)
Considerate
Studious
Logical
Loyal
Problem solver
Empathic (at times)
Routine orientated (Can become a strength)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fracturedstory For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-11, 07:51 PM

Thanked 7,911 Times in 4,072 Posts
fracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by excel View Post
Persistent, determined, never give up, a good listener
See there you go. I knew you had it in you. Those are some very good traits to have.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fracturedstory For This Useful Post:
danelady (04-05-11), ginniebean (04-03-11), namazu (04-03-11)
Old 04-02-11, 09:56 PM

I tink it's important to focus on your stengths and not your weaknesses
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to excel For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-11, 07:53 AM

Thanked 5,585 Times in 2,411 Posts
tudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond repute

hard working, determined, bold, never give up, persistent, firey, protective, smart, creative, resourceful.
Old 04-03-11, 11:29 AM

I have to find stengths that will make me money
Old 04-03-11, 12:16 PM

tylervo is on a distinguished road

I'm really hard working. If I want to accomplish something or prove people wrong, I will work at a task until I finish it. Furthermore, If there is a task that requires tremendous work, I will never give up until I finish it. For example, if there's a problem that I can't solve, I will attempt to solve it for hours until I finally get it! Thus, I'm also persistent and tenacious. I'm assuming that a lot of us here are hard working and work 10 times harder than most people to get things done which is one of our biggest strengths. Unfortunately, sometimes we procrastinate and can't focus to get our work done. This is one of our biggest weaknesses. However, if we work hard enough we can overcome our weaknesses and achieve what we ought to achieve.

Here's a good illustration of the hard work that I show. I remember one time in school I was given a brain teaser to solve. It was one of those hand puzzles where you try to fit the shapes in. Over 30 people tried to solve it. Most people gave up and just left. I would use every second of my time to solve it and ignored all external stimuli! One student was like, "You still trying to solve that? You will never get it. It's impossible." Even after everyone left the class, I was the only one left trying to solve it. Eventually, I got it. I actually got it. I proved everyone wrong. Needless to say, I was an hour late for my next class lol. But yeah, just shows that hard work is one of our biggest strengths.
Old 04-03-11, 12:36 PM

I can forget how do things, After I spent all that figuring out how to do it in the first place
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to excel For This Useful Post:
danelady (04-05-11), ginniebean (11-17-13)