ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-19, 08:00 PM

soulsearcher is on a distinguished road
Question Is this mania possible and Adhd

Hello people

I am waiting to been seen by an ADHD professional but I am worried as I am not sure what this is, I will only describe the mania,

if it is that otherwise, I will go off topic lol

What happens is It feels like I have lots more energy and I become a lot more sociable normally I am not like that.

I feel relaxed but my thoughts still wonder ADHD stuff is still there.

the world feels a safer place and I feel a bit of euphoria and can be very talkative with people i know.

but i can start to do impulsive things like today i nearly bought a valentines card and had to tell myself not to as, I thought i know the person but I dont

I phoned a friend and spoke to him all the way back from the shop to help and even then I could not stop talking.

it can last hours but then I tend to crash but very hardly ever depressed.

the other month a car stopped and a lady offered to take me home around three miles with my shopping and I got in.

a friend of mine was worried when i told him that but it did not bother me at the time.

also, I noticed that sometimes before it happens my leg shakes I read somewhere its because my Dopamine is low and my body is trying to make it

also, i tend to listen to crazy music like dance music and club music in my headphones maybe this causes it.

I am worried as it happens all the time thing is my mind is none stop.

also, i do not know if these feelings are normal or not any advice would be great

Thank you for reading
Old 02-14-19, 10:56 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 16,344 Times in 7,818 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is this mania possible and Adhd

Have you always felt this way? I’m certainly not a Dr. but your symptoms sound a lot like bipolar possibly and ADHD. I would definitely discuss your manic and depression episodes with your ADHD professional.

Best wishes on your journey improving mental health!
Old 02-15-19, 06:00 AM

Thank you for taking the time to reply yes i have always been hyper in my mind and my partner has said my mood can change fast but i would not say i feel depressed

but if it is ADHD I get no rest from it no matter where i go or who i am with or what i do even in the bath

its constant always has been but i can notice it and with me researching it makes sense now.

I could live with the moods but the constant hyper mind and unable to focus thats the hardest thing for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to soulsearcher For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (02-15-19)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-19, 06:23 AM

Not sure if this is linked but when in a workplace an example would be (if we were all going for a drink (I dont drink now but its just an example) all i would think about would be going out while doing my job it could be days leading up to it.

Time would speed up and i would not be able to think about anything else also day after the same would happen and could last days after it very strange maybe i just get excited
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to soulsearcher For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (02-15-19), stef (02-15-19)