ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 08-10-17, 10:00 AM
ADDvanced Member

Swissy is just really niceSwissy is just really niceSwissy is just really niceSwissy is just really nice
Difference in generic effectiveness between dosage?

Odd question. Given the fact that genetics can vary in effectiveness, I was wondering if anyone has experienced the dosage size within one generic brand arying. I was considering asking for 15mg IR, but the 10mg IR Sandoz has been good (half of he time.) I would rather stick with good 10mg that works sometimes than bad 15mg if that makes sense. Any personal experiences you can share? (I know in wh end it varies for each individual)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Swissy For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (08-10-17), wonderboy (08-10-17)
Old 08-10-17, 12:45 PM
Contributor

wonderboy has a spectacular aura aboutwonderboy has a spectacular aura about
Re: Difference in generic effectiveness between dosage?

As bizarre as this may sound, for every individual that supports one specific generic company, I guarantee you --
you will find another one that hates that specific pharmaceutical company
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wonderboy For This Useful Post:
CharlesH (08-12-17), Little Missy (08-10-17)
Old 08-10-17, 12:49 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 18,896 Times in 10,059 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

It a weird gig. A roll of the dice. I just try to do the best I can.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-17, 07:10 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 28,922 Times in 13,087 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Generic sandoz adderall xr 5mg and 10mg did not help me but the sandoz xr 15mg does.I also taken adderall xr 20 by global and I love it.

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
Old 08-11-17, 09:24 AM
ADDvanced Member

Snoopy10 will become famous soon enough

I've only ever been on Teva and it works for me
Old 08-12-17, 06:59 PM

Synezthesia is on a distinguished road

There are couple that seem to be universally hated... Aurobindo and Mylan come to mind. The rest is a mixed bag. Personally I always liked CorePharma, but sadly it looks like they ceased manufacturing of their generic IR.
Old 08-23-17, 08:21 PM

westcoastmuscle is on a distinguished road

So if I am getting this straight I should be filling my 30mg IR script asking for Global because they are supplied and use the same formula as Shire the original makers of Adderall...correct? Not for XR but IR as well...correct? Second best Sandoz IR.

I have been taking Aurolife for the past 2-3 thinking I needed to try a new medication because they didn't seem to focus me. I have a protocoled from my doctor 5:30 AM First dosage. Second dosage between 11AM/12PM. I didn't have the level of attention or concentration i normally would have. Thought it was me needing to change but after finding this site I think I have a WAY better understanding of the generic market and the importance of being selective.

Thank you
Old 08-24-17, 04:28 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 28,922 Times in 13,087 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

If you get to ask and your pharmacy wont look at you like you are out of your mind, I personally would ask for global. At least in this one regard it is made by shire as well. Sandoz is hit or miss for me with the xr as I have said. I dont take the IR anymore and Shire as far as I know does not do IR meds. I think sandoz/EON does, and then the others mentioned by other people.

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
Old 08-31-17, 03:58 PM

NYLAVE is on a distinguished road

I joined this forum to ask the same question. Started taking Adderall about two months ago for treatment resistant depression and am at 20mg x2 daily. I was taking Aurobindo 10mg pills from Ralphs pharmacy in Los Angeles, then switched to Aurobindo 20mg from CVS.

I had no idea that there were different generics and never considered that I would feel anything different from switching. The 20mg CVS version felt much speedier to me, felt nervous more than just awake and alert. However the depression was lifted about the same amount.

I researched a bit, learned there were different generic manufacturers, and thought I must have been prescribed a different generic. However I wasn't. Both were Aurobindo.

I'm considering going back to the 10mg version and see if I see a change when it's time to renew in a few weeks. Will update this then.
Old 08-31-17, 05:15 PM
ADDvanced Member

Swissy is just really niceSwissy is just really niceSwissy is just really niceSwissy is just really nice

Thanks guys. I think my question was misunderstood. I was asking if 15mg Sandoz would be same quality as 10mg Sandoz (IR). I know the generic brands vary in effectiveness for each individual, I was just wondering if anyone increased dosage (within same brand) and regretted it.
Old 09-03-17, 12:59 PM

MyAchillesheel has a spectacular aura aboutMyAchillesheel has a spectacular aura about

Hi Swissy,

I know what you are getting at and the short answer is: YES there can be a difference when changing strength from 10mg to 15 mg within the same generic name (Sandoz) of medication.

I personally experienced this with Teva Adderall and with Watson generic Ritalin.

My doctor always said; "If you find a certain dose that always works within a certain brand (whether generic or name brand) stick with that dose. If you need more medication let's stick with the same dose and I will write a script for more and then have you cut the tablets in half to increase the individual dose from 10mg to 15mg."

So....yes, stick with what works. You may be perfectly fine if you change from the 10mg to the 15mg tablet....but if it doesn't work....then you have 30 days of lost productivity and lots of frustration...

Remember the KISS phrasse??....Keep It Simple Stupid... Just remember that next time you are thinking about a change....

You will be fine, but unless you have to... I wouldn't riskit for the biskit unless you have no choice..

In my case I found the Teva 15 mg IR tablets profoundly better and more stimulating than the 20 or 30 mg tablets. I still find that to still be the case even today.

In the case of Watson IR generic ritalin, I found the 5mg and 10mg tablets vastly superior to the 20mg tablets. Later I found that the 5 and 10mg tablets were made in an entirely different facility (Danbury Ct) than the 20ng tablets (Corona Ca). Not sure what the deal is today since Teva bought out Actavis who bought out Watson/Danbury.

So Swissy, my point and my wise old doctor's remain the same: Stick with what works....

All the best to you, your family, and loved ones.
-M
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MyAchillesheel For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (09-03-17), Swissy (09-03-17)
Old 09-03-17, 06:42 PM
ADDvanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAchillesheel View Post
Hi Swissy,

I know what you are getting at and the short answer is: YES there can be a difference when changing strength from 10mg to 15 mg within the same generic name (Sandoz) of medication.

I personally experienced this with Teva Adderall and with Watson generic Ritalin.

My doctor always said; "If you find a certain dose that always works within a certain brand (whether generic or name brand) stick with that dose. If you need more medication let's stick with the same dose and I will write a script for more and then have you cut the tablets in half to increase the individual dose from 10mg to 15mg."

So....yes, stick with what works. You may be perfectly fine if you change from the 10mg to the 15mg tablet....but if it doesn't work....then you have 30 days of lost productivity and lots of frustration...

Remember the KISS phrasse??....Keep It Simple Stupid... Just remember that next time you are thinking about a change....

You will be fine, but unless you have to... I wouldn't riskit for the biskit unless you have no choice..

In my case I found the Teva 15 mg IR tablets profoundly better and more stimulating than the 20 or 30 mg tablets. I still find that to still be the case even today.

In the case of Watson IR generic ritalin, I found the 5mg and 10mg tablets vastly superior to the 20mg tablets. Later I found that the 5 and 10mg tablets were made in an entirely different facility (Danbury Ct) than the 20ng tablets (Corona Ca). Not sure what the deal is today since Teva bought out Actavis who bought out Watson/Danbury.

So Swissy, my point and my wise old doctor's remain the same: Stick with what works....

All the best to you, your family, and loved ones.
-M
Thank you, this is just the Info I was seeking! My gut told me to just stick with the 10mg pills.
Old 09-03-17, 09:16 PM
Contributor

wonderboy has a spectacular aura aboutwonderboy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swissy View Post
Thanks guys. I think my question was misunderstood. I was asking if 15mg Sandoz would be same quality as 10mg Sandoz (IR). I know the generic brands vary in effectiveness for each individual, I was just wondering if anyone increased dosage (within same brand) and regretted it.
In my opinion, increasing your dose by 5 mg would be -very subtle- in terms of you noticing an increase in its efficacy, regardless of the generic company

There is always the possibility of an anomaly in all cases
Old 09-11-17, 11:57 AM

Never ends will become famous soon enough

So I just got a 10 mg IR added for an afternoon dose, the brand is mallan, anyone had bad side effects from it with an XR of a morning?
Old 09-11-17, 03:45 PM
ADDvanced Member

I never heard of Mallan. If it's a spelling error, I can tell you that my doctor stamps my scripts "NO MYLAN".