ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-17, 04:52 PM

heythere999 will become famous soon enough
NyQuil ok to use if you took Adderall 5+ hours ago?

Aside from my teeth grinding (which ends up being a non-issue when I'm chewing gum), and the unavoidable heart rate increase, the only thing Adderall makes me suffer from is insomnia.

Even before I had my prescription, my sleeping schedule was horrible. I already regularly slept at 2-4 am and getting more than 6 hours of sleep a day is kind of a rarity, doesn't happen more than once or twice a week.

And the thing is, once it hits 2:30-3:30, I usually get into this mood where I HAVE to shove my refrigerator into my stomach. Which is a problem. So I kind of want that to stop.

Is it safe to take an Adderall at 4-7 pm (as in, anywhere in this range when I need to take it), then take a NyQuil at 12:30 am or so? I seriously have no idea how else I can tackle this insomnia problem. Id like to start falling asleep no later than 2, preferably 1/1:30.
Old 08-11-17, 06:45 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 28,355 Times in 12,788 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: NyQuil ok to use if you took Adderall 5+ hours ago?

Have you had a sleep study done? People think insomnia is just something to deal with but the only way to tackle it is to find out why it happens.

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.