ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Strattera
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Strattera (Atomoxetine HCI)

Old 04-14-06, 03:58 PM
Jr Member

sellit697 is on a distinguished road
Co-administration of Strattera with Stimulants

I have been trying to get my insurance company to approve me taking Ritalin and Strattera for about three months now. They claim there is no evidence that Co-administration of Strattera with Stimulants is beneficial in treating ADHD.

I found one study that contradicts this, but Eli Lilly also has a study, but only doctors can request it. My doctor seems to be completely incompetent at doing this as I have tried getting it from him for 3 months now; when he finally did get something it wasn't the right study.

Eli Lilly's website says this:

Quote:
3. Do you have any information on the co-administration of Strattera with stimulants?
A small short-term dose study was conducted where Strattera was co-administered with methylphenidate. Strattera did not increase the cardiovascular effects beyond those seen with methylphenidate alone. To request further medical information on this topic, please call 1-800-LillyRx (1-800-545-5979).
But they won't fax the information to me because I am not a doctor.

Does anyone have this study, or have a way to get it? I desperately need it to appeal the denial of Ritalin and Strattera coverage by my insurance company.

Thanks.
Old 04-14-06, 06:14 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,016 Times in 639 Posts
QueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant future
Are you near a big city hospital? Try talking to a Psychopharmacologist there; or try getting to a Larger Urban Adult ADHD Clinic for a few appointments.

They can get you tested, get you on the meds you need, and then transfer you back to your less-Adult-ADHD-experienced Doctor.
Old 04-14-06, 09:37 PM
Contributor

relvinnian has disabled reputation
Why not just pay out of pocket for the ritalin? IR ritalin is cheap, and if you want a bigger discount you can request twice your dose in half the quanity, then use a pill cutter to halve them.

"I do not know what I may appear to the world; but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me."

-Isaac Newton
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-06, 11:52 PM
Jr Member

sellit697 is on a distinguished road
Situation resolved. Eli Lilly's website isn't exactly secure. So yeah, I got the document, and now the insurance company has agreed to pay for both.

So yay, no more buying generic Strattera from India :-)