ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Site Suggestions & Feedback
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-14, 09:06 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,548 Times in 931 Posts
Laserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to behold
Can a mod make this Adderall thread a sticky?

There seems to be threads about chest pain and Adderall popping up all the time, so I thought I'd make my own about the subject:

http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156757

I pretty much summarized my suggestions, but definitely leave it open so others and talk about the issue.

She was told that it was. There was just a moment of silence before
the woman proceeded bravely on. "Well, I'm wondering, then, how serious my
condition is. This prescription is marked `NO REFILLS'".
The Following User Says Thank You to Laserbeak For This Useful Post:
peripatetic (05-10-14)
Old 05-10-14, 05:52 AM

Thanked 33,354 Times in 15,067 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Can a mod make this Adderall thread a sticky?

greetings and cheers for the suggestion. soz on just getting to this--been offline.

we try to keep stickies to a minimum as having lots of them is counterproductive. generally when we make a thread a sticky it not only provides a volume of solid information, but it's also very frequently viewed by members--it may include a more robust discussion, but that's a secondary consideration.

with your thread, right now it's not popping out as fitting our general criteria for stickying. i will also note that i have some reservations about advising members on treating "chest pains" because, regardless of how framed, it could easily lead readers to draw conclusions about their medical care. in this instance,

1. not all chest pains are equal, so to speak, and anyone experiencing them as a side effect needs to go to their general practitioner and be evaluated.
2. many members have co existing conditions and take medications for them, which overlap with those you cite. i trust you didn't intend the information to be used this way, but if i sticky something on "treating chest pains" then it's not unreasonable for readers to see that as a "guide" that's suggested by staff or administrators. we don't want people self treating side effects that could be attributable to a number of things, especially if such self treatment could delay talking with physicians or be dangerous.

if your interest is in contributing something that discusses adderall side effects, i can conceive of a place for that in the subsection, it would depend greatly on how the information is presented and would need to emphasize informing the prescribing physician. if you are interested in such an undertaking, definitely talk to me in advance of expending time/effort. i place great value on the perspectives of staff in treatments and would want their input on what might be helpful and appropriate as a sticky.

i appreciate the suggestion and look forward to seeing your contributions, both those you've made in my absence and future ones.

best wishes,
-peri