ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Site News, Information & Events
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-08, 09:18 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,276 Times in 975 Posts
Mary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to behold
Re: "Thank You" Feature installed

But if those thanks were deserved, it would be unfair to remove them. There are a lot of very wise people here and the info they share is worth thanking them for.

Remember, we here at ADDForums can only do so much. It's up to us as individuals to make the right choices, to seek professional help outside the forums.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mary For This Useful Post:
Imnapl (02-20-08), Matt S. (02-20-08), meadd823 (03-19-08), roly poly (02-26-08), Scattered (03-13-08)
Old 02-20-08, 11:25 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

theta is a name known to alltheta is a name known to alltheta is a name known to alltheta is a name known to alltheta is a name known to alltheta is a name known to alltheta is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary View Post
But if those thanks were deserved, it would be unfair to remove them. There are a lot of very wise people here and the info they share is worth thanking them for.
That was my last post before I fell a sleep I revert to my trouble maker mode then(dont worry its common with ADHDers when their meds wear off).

Yeah your right it will not hurt really how people use the thank you button and I like the idea of the button though I would make it a more complex pop up menu with more choices like: funny, insightful, etc(rip off slashdot). That way the forum could begin to design a serious algorithm to characterise posts so they could build a highly scalable general interest forum that was not highly moderator dependent make a $1 Billion selling it all to Google in 3 years.

I've had problems with this forum but its far superior to some bigger ($$$) boards out there. Personally I think a few people inherently cant be trusted to administer a forum and mob rule as in Digg is very bad to. And look where there is no moderation like Usenet its total garbage now. Needs to be a mechanism to filter noise but respect minority controversial opinions. Rambling........Theta.......Ctrl-Alt-Delete
The Following User Says Thank You to theta For This Useful Post:
Bluerose (02-29-08)
Old 02-26-08, 12:19 AM
Forum ADDvocate

roly poly is just really niceroly poly is just really niceroly poly is just really niceroly poly is just really nice

I just want to say Thank you David for the Thank you button in the traditional way.

Thank you

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to roly poly For This Useful Post:
Imnapl (02-26-08), ~boots~ (02-26-08)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-29-08, 09:20 PM

Thanked 3,337 Times in 1,909 Posts
Bluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond repute

theta,

So the thank you button is relatively new. I was wondering about people like yourself with lots of posts and a few thank yous. I want to say a special thank you to you. When I came here a few days ago feeling 'not great' and spewing 'garbage', you stuck with me, making me feel welcome. I just hope I can do for some newbie what you did for me. Thank you so very much for your support.
Old 02-29-08, 10:39 PM
Banned

Matt S. is just really niceMatt S. is just really niceMatt S. is just really niceMatt S. is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I think we may have to come up with a new term for thanking sprees = Thanks Boosting..
I am going to need that one soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to Matt S. For This Useful Post:
doiadhd (07-12-09)
Old 03-13-08, 10:33 AM

Mary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to behold

I'm just wondering why the Thank You button is now missing from my last few posts????

Especially when I really like this feature. I don't always have to write out a thank you in a thread. This way we can say thanks also, without getting the thread sidetracked.

Remember, we here at ADDForums can only do so much. It's up to us as individuals to make the right choices, to seek professional help outside the forums.

Last edited by Mary; 03-13-08 at 10:36 AM.. Reason: Forgot to add something :(
Old 03-13-08, 10:37 AM
Ghost in the Machine

Thanked 2,037 Times in 577 Posts
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

What last few posts? Can you provide URLs?

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook

To review the ADD Forums Guidelines, please click here.
Old 03-13-08, 11:07 AM

http://www.addforums.com/forums/show...496#post561496

http://www.addforums.com/forums/show...509#post561509

http://www.addforums.com/forums/show...490#post561490

These are the quickest ones I could find.

Old 03-13-08, 11:55 AM

I guess what I should ask is, can other people still see a thank you button when I post?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mary For This Useful Post:
ADDAWAY (03-13-08), magnolia_gal (03-04-09)
Old 03-13-08, 12:00 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

ADDAWAY is a splendid one to beholdADDAWAY is a splendid one to beholdADDAWAY is a splendid one to beholdADDAWAY is a splendid one to beholdADDAWAY is a splendid one to beholdADDAWAY is a splendid one to beholdADDAWAY is a splendid one to beholdADDAWAY is a splendid one to behold

Yes, Mary!
Old 03-13-08, 12:32 PM

than that's all that counts. Thanks!!

Old 03-13-08, 09:30 PM
Ghost in the Machine

Thanked 2,037 Times in 577 Posts
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

You don't see a thank you button in your own posts....since it would be silly to thank yourself

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook

To review the ADD Forums Guidelines, please click here.
Old 03-13-08, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
You don't see a thank you button in your own posts....since it would be silly to thank yourself
:P Sorry... ....... was a bad day here at home.

Old 01-11-09, 01:33 PM

Thanked 3,789 Times in 1,932 Posts
Imnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond repute

I really like the new feature added to our profile page so we can find all of our thanked posts. Thanks.

Phaedrus

The Following User Says Thank You to Imnapl For This Useful Post:
chowmix (01-12-09)
Old 01-14-09, 11:02 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Thanked 1,012 Times in 507 Posts
chartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imnapl View Post
I really like the new feature added to our profile page so we can find all of our thanked posts. Thanks.
I've been hoping for something like that (it's nice to see quickly which posts of mine are actually helpful/appreciated and which are, despite what my ego might say, just a bunch of pointless drivel) but I just looked on my profile page and I can't find it.

Help?