ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > PARENTS OF CHILDREN WITH ADD/ADHD > General Parenting Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

General Parenting Issues The purpose of this forum is to discuss general parenting issues related to children with AD/HD(ADD & ADHD)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-15-17, 05:30 PM

DaisyDot is on a distinguished road
Parenting a Floudering ADD College Student

I can't find a better thread for this, but I'd love to hear stories of what parents have tried for their young adults with ADD. Ours thinks he's too old to be micromanaged, but he is consistently flunking. Had a scholarship to a university, but flunked in first year. Moved home to attend community college . . . and is succeeding in some classes and flunking others (the ones that let him turn in work late). He can get accommodations but won't. Won't read books on ADHD. Won't see a counselor. Thinks he knows best. I need PARENTING advice. What do we do now? (I agree with whatever book I read that said that ADD kids have the maturity level of someone 1/3 younger. But he's 21 and resists being treated like a 15-year-old, despite acting like one.) HELP!